IGNORED

MLB Playoffs

elhombrecito

Anybody here in to baseball at all?

Playoffs start tonight (well, there was some tiebreaker games yesterday but that doesn't count).

Hoping for the Sox to do it this year, but fully expect them to lose to the Yankees in the next round, despite having a record breaking season (I think I'm just programmed by watching City to just expect the worst ?). I've got the week of work around the World Series (wasn't planned for the WS, just a lucky fluke) so I'm hoping I'm wrong and I can spend the days in bed and the nights watching the Sox!

38 minutes ago, El Hombrecito said:

Anybody here in to baseball at all?

Playoffs start tonight (well, there was some tiebreaker games yesterday but that doesn't count).

Hoping for the Sox to do it this year, but fully expect them to lose to the Yankees in the next round, despite having a record breaking season (I think I'm just programmed by watching City to just expect the worst ?). I've got the week of work around the World Series (wasn't planned for the WS, just a lucky fluke) so I'm hoping I'm wrong and I can spend the days in bed and the nights watching the Sox!

Don't think I have managed to watch a single game all season, but baseball is probably my favourite of the Big 4 sports in the US.  Think the last game I actually saw live was at Fenway in 2016. Can't say I follow any particular team, but do have a soft spot for the Red Sox due to a close friend being from Boston, and the 2004 ALCS being gripping television. 

49 minutes ago, One Team In Keynsham said:

Don't think I have managed to watch a single game all season, but baseball is probably my favourite of the Big 4 sports in the US.  Think the last game I actually saw live was at Fenway in 2016. Can't say I follow any particular team, but do have a soft spot for the Red Sox due to a close friend being from Boston, and the 2004 ALCS being gripping television. 

Ask @The turtle what he thinks about the 2004 ALCS ?

It was my first proper season watching baseball and supporting the Sox. So I'm single handedly responsible for breaking the curse, and as a Yankees fan he's never quite forgiven me for that, and of course for the greatest comeback in history ?⚾

44 minutes ago, El Hombrecito said:

Ask @The turtle what he thinks about the 2004 ALCS ?

It was my first proper season watching baseball and supporting the Sox. So I'm single handedly responsible for breaking the curse, and as a Yankees fan he's never quite forgiven me for that, and of course for the greatest comeback in history ?⚾

Said Boston friend of mine, who now lives in NYC, was at games 1, 4 and 7. He said it was beyond his wildest dreams, special mention to the faces of the home crowd at game 7 as it became apparent the impossible was going to happen.

Urhgggh, that's for the reminder!!! After the joy of 03, of was a nightmare.

At 3-0 I remember going on holiday to a quite remote place, after not hearing from @El Hombrecito For a few days I assumed it was done.

But i believe a few days were rained off, but basically came back to 4-2... Then had to watch 6 and 7 in horror 

As for this year, the Yankees pitching isn't very good, awful infact.  No hope for a deep run!!

I tried baseball, love NFL, hate NBA and NHL

Just didn't understand it, try as I might. Follow the Twins, due to the fact I married a twin, pretty sure we weren't anywhere near the play offs last time I looked

Thanks for the heads up though, I'll watch a little now and then when I get chance if it's play off time

Have listened to quite a few Sox games this season through the MLB app. They are certainly a force to be reckoned with and don't seem to be missing Big Papa at all. Must say I still can't make my mind up if I actually hate that Cars for Kids advert jingle thingy or love it because it is so horribly cheesy. A bit like the Shake n Vac jingle years ago in the UK.

Glad you can afford to shell out for this one, El Hombecito. Prices look rather steep to me - although I will have to admit to shelling out a lot for the International Series NFL games. If I didn't have to raid the piggy bank for them then perhaps I might have been keen to take a look too.

Be interesting to see if there is the level of interest that the football gets and if the MLB are taking a leaf out of the NFL's (play)book.

13 hours ago, Erithacus said:

Glad you can afford to shell out for this one, El Hombecito. Prices look rather steep to me - although I will have to admit to shelling out a lot for the International Series NFL games. If I didn't have to raid the piggy bank for them then perhaps I might have been keen to take a look too.

Be interesting to see if there is the level of interest that the football gets and if the MLB are taking a leaf out of the NFL's (play)book.

Oh, I could only afford the very cheapest seats, which are up in the Gods, so I won't be able to see much! ? But the chance to see the Sox in the UK was too good to miss. 

Archived