IGNORED

Rotherham United v Bristol City Matchday Thread

wendyredredrobin

Standard small town Northern away performance. At least Rotherham look like they have something about them unlike Bolton and an injury hit Wigan.

Rotherham commentators had it spot on 'I'm surprised by how poor Bristol City look, they don't have a game plan'.

ODowda and Eliasson way to central.

10 minutes ago, Bouncearoundtheground said:

Don't know why we always try and match teams at their own game. We could pass this shithouse team off the pitch if we set up like we did against Sheffield United or West Brom. 

Yep. There've been a couple of occasions where we've tried to get it down and play and both times have nearly got in without having to do too much. Which makes the continued attempts to launch it all the more irritating. 

Wonder if we may see Taylor for Diedhiou, we went 451 at the end of the half presumably to have the extra man in midfield and make it congested and harder for them to play. Taylor being more mobile upfront would aid in a single striker role.

Famara is a big unit so how the hell he can be such a pansy is beyond me and the touch of an elephant.

So disappointing, I was expecting him to have a great season after his six game ban but he just doesn't look a £5m player, more like 500k so far this season.

I was also expecting O'Dowda to push on from last season but no, similarly Brownhill, but no. No midfield tonight, they've gone awol including Pack.

Defence keeping us in the game.

Seems to me, giving players time off (as they had after the Villa game) does no good. How many times have we seen that ?

Clear and only positives of the night

In order......

1Tonight’s postings by @bristolcitysweden (Thanks Tommy :laughcont:)

2 The Apprentice starting tonight  (Laugh at some suited rather than football kitted people making themselves complete dicks ) (Thanks @Fordy62 )

3 A rather large prime rib steak

4 minutes ago, RedDave said:

First half ratings
Maenpaa 6
Hunt 6
Kelly 7
Baker 7
Webster 8
Pack 4
Brownhill 5
Elliason 3
COd 5
Weimann 4
Deidhiou 4

Eliasson got 1.5 points for each of his 2 touches of the ball first half. That’s pretty generous.

1 minute ago, hodge said:

Wonder if we may see Taylor for Diedhiou, we went 451 at the end of the half presumably to have the extra man in midfield and make it congested and harder for them to play. Taylor being more mobile upfront would aid in a single striker role.

Taylor for Diedhiou? Yeah that’ll make a difference!!!!

I can confirm we have been poor. Players dont even look like they have met eachother before never mind played. Not got out of our half. They are pushing us and we have no answer. Very surprised to be 0-0 at HT 

Johnson worries more about the other team and try to out think them which probably results in him overloading the players with too much info instead of keeping it basic. Play to our strengths and the players will play more naturally. 

Plus as said before we play better with Taylor up top with his pressing forcing mistakes and throw ins deep in the opposite half. With Fammy it's lump it up and most of the time it comes straight back! 

4 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

This is what I have been saying. We manage to get the ball up the other end more with their pressing. And we pass it quicker and more confidently without Diedhiou up there

Be saying for a while, the best players don’t always make the best partnership. Taylor and Weimann works better than Weimann and Diedhiou 

Archived