IGNORED

Rotherham United v Bristol City Matchday Thread

wendyredredrobin

With Rotherham and Wigan we've had two away games against hard-working promoted sides who possess little quality, and were there for the taking.

We've got one point, and no goals.

That's not good enough, especially as Rotherham have had more injuries than us.

OK, tonight we did hit the woodwork twice, and some key decisions went against us.

But a side really challenging for the play-offs would have had a comfortable 2-0 win.

1 minute ago, robintherobin said:

With Rotherham and Wigan we've had two away games against hard-working promoted sides who possess little quality, and were there for the taking.

OK, tonight we did hit the woodwork twice, and some key decisions went against us.

But a side really challenging for the play-offs would have had a comfortable 2-0 win.

Yep we had our chances to win that but just couldn’t put it away against a very poor team from my POV. Admittedly they have had fairly reasonable home results so far this season but I think all this performance shows, alongside the last few, is that the fabled ‘dull mid table season’ really is finally happening.  Shame because from what I’ve seen this really could’ve been a good opportunity for us this season as the standard seems to be noticeably lower across the division imo. 

5 minutes ago, robintherobin said:

We’ve not seen anything to suggest that’s our aim tbh.  Mid table and not relegation fodder looks more accurate.

What utter crap, lump it forward and hope for a bit of luck.  Our captain had another off day, our coach extended himself and brought on his boyfriend and the referee was in Rotherham’s pocket.  

Our modern coach (Manager) lost for ideas, where are we going? Nowhere!

Weiman and Kelly the only players up for it. 

I do love my club, but when is the club going to repay that love? Never with a Johnson in front!

After watching this tonight, we are going backwards as a team currently. Not sure what the answer is but too many changes to the side from last season appears to be affecting confidence. Why do we try to lump it forward so much nowadays?

Worrying!

Mind you we have been pretty shit since January this year really.

1 minute ago, lenred said:

Yep we had our chances to win that but just couldn’t put it away against a very poor team from my POV. Admittedly they have had fairly reasonable home results so far this season but I think all this performance shows, alongside the last few, is that the fabled ‘dull mid table season’ really is finally happening.  Shame because from what I’ve seen this really could’ve been a good opportunity for us this season as the standard seems to be noticeably lower across the division imo. 

Mid table? Don't get too complacent. 4 without a win. LJ's got his eye on another record, I reckon, and the players are buying in.

With the exception of Marley's worldy of an effort, Rotherham had far more and better chances than us and we have to be grateful they are so impotent in front of goal as I can't believe that virtually any other team wouldn't have taken at least 1 of them.

I get the feeling that Johnson, once again, has to go right back to basics with these players. Again.

21 minutes ago, Hampshire reds said:

in fairness to  Watkins he did try and make things happen. it was so poor in the first half. better as the game went on. another point. so we move on. 

agreed. Watkins, Taylor and to a degree Paterson were better than the carp on the field in the 1st half.

other than the keeper and the 2 centre-halves, everybody else for me were only one step up from a disgrace

Archived