IGNORED

Rotherham United v Bristol City Matchday Thread

wendyredredrobin

3 minutes ago, awbb said:

Mid table? Don't get too complacent. 4 without a win. LJ's got his eye on another record, I reckon, and the players are buying in.

With the exception of Marley's worldy of an effort, Rotherham had far more and better chances than us and we have to be grateful they are so impotent in front of goal as I can't believe that virtually any other team wouldn't have taken at least 1 of them.

I get the feeling that Johnson, once again, has to go right back to basics with these players. Again.

Certainly no complacency from me, just going on what I’ve seen so far.  Think it’s a markedly poorer standard overall this year which should see us mid table - if we don’t go another of those runs, which surely we can’t again. Can we?! ?

2 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Who would you select instead?

Well that's the problem isn't it? There is no one else given that he clearly doesn't think Walsh is up to it yet, if at all (which I wouldn't necessarily disagree with).

Should have been a priority in the summer, even moreso once Korey got injured. 

Hope is still there, another clean sheet, oops wait up frankie is nearly fit again! Defence will let us down!

It won’t be Frankies fault though, so unreliable theback four don’t trust him and relegation form will persist! 

Please city prove me wrong — City till I die, 68 now and not feeling too optimistic

This seems an overreaction to me.. Maenpaa solid, back 4 solid, created good chances in the second half. We’d have killed to be able to defend like that a couple seasons back. Sharper going forward on Sunday, and I expect 3pts. COYR

16 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Well that's the problem isn't it? There is no one else given that he clearly doesn't think Walsh is up to it yet,

Should have been a priority in the summer, even moreso once Korey got injured. 

I’m sure LJ was gutted as we were when KS was injured but unfortunately it happened when it wasn’t possible to find a replacement and I doubt that any quality midfielders will become available during the winter window.........

4 minutes ago, Offside said:

A decent enough point, but overall it sounds like another disjointed display which is a worry after the terrible performance in the previous away game at Wigan. Hopefully we'll see more verve in our performances soon. 

You'll be a very lucky man but you never know.......?

We showed that a high press game suits us,  and it worked well, Thanks to weiman!

suddenly we revert to the lump it forward game our erstwhile midfielder loved when he wanted to avoid contact at all costs and we struggle!

We have lost all the influential figures in the coaching staff because they did not follow the system LJ advocates, but strangly those figures achieved success despite him, until he got got total control. Did not take him long to let everyone know  dips are easier to managage than success

What has happened to this team? No guts, no commitmrnt, not challenging for balls. Rotherham are a poor team who had key players missing tonight.  3 points was expected and a few goals.

TBH a 00 draw was a fair result.  They had a few chances that they fluffed and we had 3 chances that should all have been burried.  The Watkins one was like watching the downs league.

After 2 losses and a weak draw, I was really expecting to see a team fired up.  Decent last 30 minutes bar the finishing, but what about the first 60?

You could see it wasnt working 20/30 mins in. That was the time tochange things.

Hope we can show a bit more effort on Sunday.

7 hours ago, Robbored said:

I’m sure LJ was gutted as we were when KS was injured but unfortunately it happened when it wasn’t possible to find a replacement and I doubt that any quality midfielders will become available during the winter window.........

Not true. He obviously doesn't think Walsh is ready , so basically we were going into the season with 3  players to rotate the 2 toughest positions in a pressing side. Naive at best, let alone allowing for injuries. 

9 hours ago, bcfc01 said:

He was much better than Eliasson or O'Dowda, very direct and gave them problems which the other two didn't.

People have already made up their mind on Watkins, even before he kicked a ball this season. He is the new scapegoat/boo boy. 

Yes he should have taken his chance, but he is getting himself in these positions in almost every game, if he takes 1in2 or 1in3 then that’s about 10 goals he could get in a season. 

People were crying out for a goal scoring midfielder and now they’re going to hound him out of the club.

fact is we never looked like scoring until the introduction of Watkins, Taylor and Patterson. 3 players generally not considered good enough to shine the boots of Ian Holloway on here. But they created more in 20 minutes than the rest of the team last night

5 minutes ago, city1983 said:

People have already made up their mind on Watkins, even before he kicked a ball this season. He is the new scapegoat/boo boy. 

Yes he should have taken his chance, but he is getting himself in these positions in almost every game, if he takes 1in2 or 1in3 then that’s about 10 goals he could get in a season. 

People were crying out for a goal scoring midfielder and now they’re going to hound him out of the club.

fact is we never looked like scoring until the introduction of Watkins, Taylor and Patterson. 3 players generally not considered good enough to shine the boots of Ian Holloway on here. But they created more in 20 minutes than the rest of the team last night

'But they created more in 20 minutes than the rest of the team last night'. Just shows how really poor the rest were.

43 minutes ago, city1983 said:

Agree about Watkins. Yeah it was an awful miss but at least he came on, ran around and looked a threat. He at least looked like he wanted to be on the pitch making a difference. The two starting wingers certainly couldn’t claim that. I would go as far to say that Eliasson and O’Dowda just didn’t fancy it last night which is a disgrace when you have fans travelling to watch and getting back at 1am.

50 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Agree about Watkins. Yeah it was an awful miss but at least he came on, ran around and looked a threat. He at least looked like he wanted to be on the pitch making a difference. The two starting wingers certainly couldn’t claim that. I would go as far to say that Eliasson and O’Dowda just didn’t fancy it last night which is a disgrace when you have fans travelling to watch and getting back at 1am.

Said on this thread Watkins did more in 5 mins than COD and Eliasson. I thought all the subs last night did well.

Archived