IGNORED

Away Kit (Merged)

BCFCadam

1 minute ago, BCFCadam said:

Are we ever gonna see city playing with a robin on their chests this season? (bar the friendly with shrewsbury)

Scotty listed a load of teams we'll use it against, however I thought one was Rotherham and we have the purple and lime stuff on the earlier social media posts so.....

28 minutes ago, Fjmcity said:

You could be cynical and say that we have no special dispensation to use the 2 badges in the league as I believe is required and are not allowed to wear and it and will never see it.. 

good in my book, I think it’s crap.

I predicted this at the time that the third kit was going to be the de facto away kit as it just seemed too convenient otherwise 

It’s weird in the photos the robin badge looked nice and retro but in the flesh it looked disappointingly dated 

• Admin
12 hours ago, hodge said:

I'm wondering whether Rotherham have too much white in their kits for us to have been allowed. So Forest, Shef Utd maybe, Brentford, Boro

Three of those have large amounts of white in their shirts - not going to happen

Guess Forest may be the only one?

I heard a rumour that the 2nd kit, the white and black one with the robin badge, sold so well that to make an extra bit of dosh the stock put back for the use of the players was sold as well. This is the only conceivable solution to the mystery of why the 2nd kit never gets an outing whereas the 3rd kit is always 2nd choice.

My memory isn't playing tricks on me is it....The black and white kit with the robin badge was announced as our 2nd kit and the purple and lime as our 3rd wasn't it? Nothing against the purple and lime, but if that is really our 2nd kit of choice it should've been announced as such and the robin badge placed on there. There was a great fanfare about us reverting back to the robin badge for which the club received plaudits, then we discovered it would only be on the second kit and now we deduce that really it is the 3rd kit and will be lucky if it gets one outing this season. It hasn't made an appearance thus far.

We don't seem to have worn the black and white away kit yet this season, despite it being our official away kit for the 18/19 season.,we have worn our purple and lime '3'rd kit.

We must have been able to wear the away kit up at rotherham?

Does that mean that the black and white away kit is just a marketing scam by the club, to make more money or potentially see if it is worth bringing the robin back next season?

Just interested to see what everyone else thinks? 

• Admin
1 hour ago, Gribble93 said:

We don't seem to have worn the black and white away kit yet this season, despite it being our official away kit for the 18/19 season.,we have worn our purple and lime '3'rd kit.

We must have been able to wear the away kit up at rotherham?

Does that mean that the black and white away kit is just a marketing scam by the club, to make more money or potentially see if it is worth bringing the robin back next season?

Just interested to see what everyone else thinks? 

Certainly a very clever way of testing the waters on selling an item with the retro badge included with the club knowing the red and purple kits would be a good seller anyway 

Archived