IGNORED

Lump it City

Bs4Red

7 minutes ago, AshtonPark said:

I’m amazed it’s taken this long for people to start noticing that city play mainly long ball football. 

I've thought this for a while especially when Fammy plays and people moan about warnock, at least he gets his teams to get crosses in the box to utilise it! 

14 minutes ago, paul_fox said:

I've thought this for a while especially when Fammy plays and people moan about warnock, at least he gets his teams to get crosses in the box to utilise it! 

I’ve been saying it for the past year and being put down for it. It’s truly awful and has been for a long time. Just results have hidden it

17 minutes ago, Bs4Red said:

I’ve been saying it for the past year and being put down for it. It’s truly awful and has been for a long time. Just results have hidden it

We had a couple of months before Xmas last year where the football was half decent. Apart from that it's been terrible. It's like the players have no idea what they're meant to be doing so they pass it about at the back then get bored and lump it forward 

23 minutes ago, paul_fox said:

We had a couple of months before Xmas last year where the football was half decent. Apart from that it's been terrible. It's like the players have no idea what they're meant to be doing so they pass it about at the back then get bored and lump it forward 

Paterson behind Reid we played some lovely stuff, that was our best period tbh- so fluid. Half decent doesn't do that spell justice IMO.

3 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Paterson behind Reid we played some lovely stuff, that was our best period tbh- so fluid. Half decent doesn't do that spell justice IMO.

Yeah fair enough it was better then decent. Some fans are still living off that 2 month spell thinking we still play like that, fluid one touch football. Its nothing like that now 

5 minutes ago, Hampshire Red said:

Don't know what you guys are watching. Roth had a good 10mins, we were best 2nd half but you won't see that, will you? Have the people on this thread ever said anything positive or are you just gas

The first half only lasted 10 minutes?  Are you for real?

If you think there are positives from that, i pity you

7 minutes ago, Hampshire Red said:

Don't know what you guys are watching. Roth had a good 10mins, we were best 2nd half but you won't see that, will you? Have the people on this thread ever said anything positive or are you just gas

We need to be playing well for more then 10 mins in a half. 2nd half we still didn't create many clear chances just kept the ball better 

5 minutes ago, Hampshire Red said:

Take off those rose tinted spectacles - 3 shots on target,  not one of which troubled the keeper and the first took 60 mins. Similar traits in the last 3 games. There is no end product

Yes, we have the ball for spells - today not so much - but we look so ineffective with the ball, no cutting edge. Wingers aren’t wide enough, when they get the ball they run in to the middle. Midfielders aren’t linking play or threading balls through. Strikers aren’t making runs off the shoulder because there is no point!

My understanding of the point of using a ball playing centre back, was:

1) If there is no press, bring the ball out from the back into midfield to help create an overload and potentially find someone free in an advanced position.

2) If there is a press to calmly pass the ball through the front line press to negate it, retaining possession while using the oppositions high forward line to create your own overload in midfield.

What is the point of paying the money for Webster, who apparently can do these things if we're merely asking him to boot it 60 yards (albeit he looks like it's an attempted pass rather than a whoosh) every time. Pretty sure any centre back can do that.

27 minutes ago, Hampshire Red said:

I can’t get the hang of all these new emojis?‍♂️?️.

Closest I could get to tosspot.  Reverting to calling posters gas is a bit tragic.

8 minutes ago, awbb said:

1) If there is no press, bring the ball out from the back into midfield to help create an overload and potentially find someone free in an advanced position.

2) If there is a press to calmly pass the ball through the front line press to negate it, retaining possession while using the oppositions high forward line to create your own overload in midfield.

What is the point of paying the money for Webster, who apparently can do these things if we're merely asking him to boot it 60 yards (albeit he looks like it's an attempted pass rather than a whoosh) every time. Pretty sure any centre back can do that.

Agreed- Kalas is also a ball playing centre back or was at Fulham- feeling technically we didn't use him so far to the best of his ability.

Think that system would work even better in a 4-3-3 or a 4-2-3-1...passing triangles or options for these all the place.

1 hour ago, Hampshire Red said:

Someone’s been on the delusion blind gas again that’s for sure............

2 hours ago, awbb said:

Completely agree. It seems like Webster has gone from one extreme to the other, since the time Johnson suggested he knows when and when not to play short passes (can't remember his saying he used). I think websters main attribute has been tactic'ed out of him

451 for me. Use Taylor & Diedhiou as impact subs if needed.  Weimann would be great in that formation and it would probably work for Patto too.

It worked great against the Mancs last year when we really did look classy and won many admirers.

We do need a replacement for Korey in the middle though.  Josh really isn't cutting it in that role, is he. He is much better in his natural pisition.

does seem a common theme now and what really grates (although I have only recollection not video evidence!) is that we used to build from the back from the keeper and yet constantly we seem to be lumping it long from the goal kicks and drop kicks... love to know if this is Niki Mäenpää limitations or LJ instructions!

Archived