IGNORED

Tonight's Ref

DownendRed97

Gavin Ward such a *****. Hes the chap who reffed the Halford game at home to Rotherham.

4 minutes ago, Red Army 87 said:

Commentator at the end: “gavin ward has done his best to let this game flow”

im sorry, but what? ??

Yeah by not giving clear fouls to us by their last men

Gavin Ward - effin’ awful referee.

A referee who I describe as "last pick in the school playground" and determined to ruin football for everyone else because he didn’t get picked.  Completely inept.  Knows the Laws, doesn’t know the game, therefore makes multiple mistakes.

I do wonder what he can take out of refereeing football.

Promote him to the Prem, and I hate to say it (because most refs try to do the right thing) let him get ripped apart by MOTD.  He us an embarrassment to countless other referees at all levels.

He doesn’t excuse a shite performance by us though.

10 minutes ago, nickolas said:

Hes my 2nd most hated ref behind the wonderful Keith Stroud!

Haha every city fan myself included hate Mr stroud.

Can't blame ref. Really.we are poor this season. 4_1 win at Blackburn we were poor first 35minites of that game too. Played well against wba but let in 4 goals

16 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

He didn't give us much did he- we didn't really merit a win though, regardless.

We created more than they did - somehow

Patterson hitting the bar is obviously a better one to remember than Watkins hitting the post, 2-0 would have flattered us but it was the only 2 times either side looked like scoring. Save the header from right in front of Maenpaa questionable referring shouldn’t have played it’s part but with a final score of 0-0, it did.

Johnson needs to get these players creating more so we don’t need to rely on officials doing their job.*

I think I remember Ward sent off someone in our game v Sheff Utd one season (was it only last season?) and gave less than nothing to us in the second half.

* not that we’d have definitley scored from (probable last man foul) opportunities, but the game would have been changed

23 minutes ago, Red Army 87 said:

Commentator at the end: “gavin ward has done his best to let this game flow”

im sorry, but what? ??

Only two men were worse tonight than the ref (and LJ and our team) - those bloody eebah gum commentators. Or should I say Rotherham cheerleaders....

13 minutes ago, solihull cider red said:

We created more than they did - somehow

Patterson hitting the bar is obviously a better one to remember than Watkins hitting the post, 2-0 would have flattered us but it was the only 2 times either side looked like scoring. Save the header from right in front of Maenpaa questionable referring shouldn’t have played it’s part but with a final score of 0-0, it did.

Johnson needs to get these players creating more so we don’t need to rely on officials doing their job.*

I think I remember Ward sent off someone in our game v Sheff Utd one season (was it only last season?) and gave less than nothing to us in the second half.

* not that we’d have definitley scored from (probable last man foul) opportunities, but the game would have been changed

That's 2 big chances yeah, but over 90 mins I think a win would have flattered us- but would have been welcome.

I recall at Sheffield United they had a player sent off yeah, in our last minute winner game- can't remember the ref though.

13 minutes ago, East End Old Boy said:

Didn’t he throw the Rotherham player to the floor as the guy was shielding the ball from him? 

Ah - maybe.  I was watching a stream on FB that played well for 20 seconds and then missed about 5 seconds.

I assumed the ref was watching in the same way.

8 minutes ago, Chivs said:

Ah - maybe.  I was watching a stream on FB that played well for 20 seconds and then missed about 5 seconds.

I assumed the ref was watching in the same way.

The stream was fine, it was City that we’re beffering tonight ?

In fairness to him he was right up with play on the Diedhiou last man incident. Have not seen a replay so would have to go with him on that decision.

The problem with him is that he is just so officious. There was a free kick awarded to us by the corner flag and he made our goalkeeper move the ball three or four times so he took it at the very spot. 

He also seems to wave a yellow card at players in a little Hitler type way and I noticed he did not give the players any benefit of the doubt.

He can't be a bad referee to get to this level I think his problem is his refereeing style is so prehistoric.

17 minutes ago, Barry Sheene said:

In fairness to him he was right up with play on the Diedhiou last man incident. Have not seen a replay so would have to go with him on that decision.

The problem with him is that he is just so officious. There was a free kick awarded to us by the corner flag and he made our goalkeeper move the ball three or four times so he took it at the very spot. 

He also seems to wave a yellow card at players in a little Hitler type way and I noticed he did not give the players any benefit of the doubt.

He can't be a bad referee to get to this level I think his problem is his refereeing style is so prehistoric.

Then in the second half when Rotherham were awarded a free-kick in an attacking position when the offence occurred on the touchline he allowed them to take it from a place several yards in from that. In Rotherham's case those extra yards made a difference but he did sod all, in City's case it made no difference as it was just a few yards from City's goal line yet he made Maenpaa reposition it and reposition it and reposition it again until it was on the touchline!!!

The ref was an absolute shambles. Was too lenient for the first 75 minutes letting everything go and then suddenly started dishing out yellow cards left, right and centre. I don't think either the players, management or fans had any clue which way any decision would go. Thankfully there was bad decisions on both sides, but if he had given the foul on Diedhiou early on that could have led to a red card, it may have been a completely different game.

I realised very quickly into the game that the referee was a homer. I don't think Lee was too impressed with him either.

But the standard of refereeing doesn't matter a jot when we play like we did. Why are we giving the ball away in midfield so easily? Why has our passing become so atrocious? Why are we not pressing and closing down like we were? and why have we stopped challenging for loose balls?

He was in charge at Swansea away a month ago and was awful then as well. How he even gets a game at this level is baffling, I suppose they know he is generally just as sh1te for both teams. At Swansea Mcburnie got away with loads of fouls and at one point gave us a free kick, keeper chucks it in front of the actual place and Mcburnie comes back to kick the ball away from where it is and actually off the pitch - ref does nothing. One of ours then does a petty foul seconds later and gets a yellow!! He was, and is abysmal EVERY time he refs.

Archived