IGNORED

Famara

Meh

Think he gets a lot of stick because he is big but isn’t really physical. Think he would rather be the Weimann type. That is why both play better with Taylor because he will fight for possesion and hold the ball up. For me, Fam or Weimann to partner Taylor. I know simple answer is Weimann because he started well and everyone loves him and his work rate but I am just not sure he will get us 10-12 goals. Think Fam a better fit next to Taylor. Let Fam run channels and attack from wide positions. He looks much more dangerous cutting inside. 

2 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Think he gets a lot of stick because he is big but isn’t really physical. Think he would rather be the Weimann type. That is why both play better with Taylor because he will fight for possesion and hold the ball up. For me, Fam or Weimann to partner Taylor. I know simple answer is Weimann because he started well and everyone loves him and his work rate but I am just not sure he will get us 10-12 goals. Think Fam a better fit next to Taylor. Let Fam run channels and attack from wide positions. He looks much more dangerous cutting inside. 

Funny how a lot of us are coming round to Taylor being able to get the best out of our two best strikers on paper...but who can’t play together.  Bloody football, never straightforward!

Just goes to show how utterly bizarre it was to get rid of Duric, for comparative peanuts as well.

To be honest, Fammy was one I wouldn’t single out as being absolute dross. At least he put himself about for 60 minutes before he either lost interest or became knackered. 

Not jumping for Kelly’s pinpoint cross when it only needed to brush his head to go in was a Downs League moment though. 

Just now, Davefevs said:

Funny how a lot of us are coming round to Taylor being able to get the best out of our two best strikers on paper...but who can’t play together.  Bloody football, never straightforward!

Never is. I do remember thinking it last season that Fam looked fresher when he didn’t have to do the dirty work. Thing is we will never look at him different because that is how we use him. Now he has other issues as the runner like his lack of pace or left foot(cutting in from right). That said he does look dangerous cutting in from the left and some of his best goals from just that. I’d honestly give taylor and Diedhiou a run but understand hard to leave Weimann out

1 minute ago, Moor2Sea said:

Just go to show how utterly bizarre it was to get rid of Duric. 

To be honest, Fammy was one I wouldn’t single out as being absolute dross. At least he put himself about for 60 minutes before he either lost interest or became knackered. 

Not jumping for Kelly’s pinpoint cross when it only needed to brush his head to go in was a Downs League moment though. 

TBH, I would. 

He played against a makeshift CH with a late head injury and didn’t beat him in the air once. That’s not putting yourself about, that’s hiding to the extreme.

42 minutes ago, Moor2Sea said:

Fammy does not jump; its been self evident since day one. Somehow he has scored a few goals, plays for about 60 minutes then seemingly has to go off as the bandage is too damned heavy.. What IS that bandage all about anyway? Is it a Kodjia fan club thing? Its ridiculous.

1 hour ago, pl00peh91 said:

Would like to try Mo Eisa once he's fit as an alternative option.

Scottish red has a very strange sense of humour that's all I can say, what he is basing his cynicism on based on the little we have seen of Mo is a bit strange imo. 

36 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

5.3 million pound player.

We all happy with that?

I think you have to say that the jury is still out on Famara even after this long, given the sum of money paid. Of course £5.3m doesn't get you what it used to, but nonetheless it's not a small sum of money for a Championship player. There are plenty of clubs in this division who can't spend that sort of money. We've been rather spoilt for strikers in recent years with outright quality like Baldock, Kodjia and Tammy, and players like Wilbraham who you could rely on to put in a shift. I'm not convinced Fammy belongs in that company...at least not yet.

i think our midfield have been poor of late, we have  wide men who never take on there man and put crosses in, elliasons crossing last 3 games has been dreadful,  I think famara is a good player but needs service, hes not a target man yet we love pumping balls up to him, I just think we need to use him the right way

What exactly is he supposed to do with aimless punts in his direction? We played with 2 wingers who are there to get crosses in for him and how many did they deliver? Both of them were absolutely useless last night.

9 hours ago, JoeAman08 said:

He does not run channels. 

The player has neither the physical or mental aptitude to do it.

2 minutes ago, Cowshed said:

He does not run channels. 

The player has neither the physical or mental aptitude to do it.

I don’t think he is asked to. He is asked to receive a long ball from the air or a driven pass into feet and hold it up. This is not really his game. He is more similar to Kodjia than Djuric or Wilbraham. He is clearly not comfortable with his back to goal but asked to play that way. He is much more comfortable running at defenders. Personally, think we are asking our record signing to play to his weaker points because he looks big and strong. 

10 hours ago, Neo said:

Bye then - shocking, disinterested and lazy.

Not knee-jerk reaction - just the blunt truth he is woefully out of form and a shadow of the player we saw at times last year.

Reallly don’t want to see him start on Sunday.

that is the player we saw at times last season.

4 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

I don’t think he is asked to. He is asked to receive a long ball from the air or a driven pass into feet and hold it up. This is not really his game. He is more similar to Kodjia than Djuric or Wilbraham. He is clearly not comfortable with his back to goal but asked to play that way. He is much more comfortable running at defenders. Personally, think we are asking our record signing to play to his weaker points because he looks big and strong. 

He has been asked to last season. Yes he does not possess the skills to do so efficiently.

What you are highlighting is technical deficiency. What I highlight is that the player lacks aerobic capacity but also the psychological ability to push himself. 

I think Taylor is the closest we've got to what we had with Bobby in terms of being busy and link up play, maybe trying Taylor with Paterson might get the best out of them both? Weimann and Fam can be a nuisance when brought on late in games with a tired defence. We need new ideas as we don't look like scoring at all currently.

Archived