IGNORED

Our Depth & Lack of Tactical Versatility

Fuber

Is it going to cripple us this season?

In terms of depth we're seeming a bit desperate for a couple of loans in Jan at this rate. Midfield defo a priority with the risk of Brownhill and Pack getting burnt out playing every game in the manner they are, with the latter needing a break with his poor form for the last 3 games.

Am I the only one that is of the opinion, despite being a young manager, that our squad is being hampered by LJs stubborn continued use of 4-4-2?

Actually looking forward to Eisa getting back fully fit. Feel a front 3 of him O'Dowda, and Weimann, would provide utility and pace. With Eliasson, Watkins, and Adelakun (when fit) as rotation.

T'is but a dream unfortunately at this moment in time.

15 minutes ago, Fuber said:

Is it going to cripple us this season?

In terms of depth we're seeming a bit desperate for a couple of loans in Jan at this rate. Midfield defo a priority with the risk of Brownhill and Pack getting burnt out playing every game in the manner they are, with the latter needing a break with his poor form for the last 3 games.

Am I the only one that is of the opinion, despite being a young manager, that our squad is being hampered by LJs stubborn continued use of 4-4-2?

Actually looking forward to Eisa getting back fully fit. Feel a front 3 of him O'Dowda, and Weimann, would provide utility and pace. With Eliasson, Watkins, and Adelakun (when fit) as rotation.

T'is but a dream unfortunately at this moment in time.

A 442 with a striker who works hard alongside Weimann and two wide players who influence a game would actually work.  Imho, O’Dowda and Diedhiou affected the 442 tonight, by being poor and lazy.  Eliasson just never got into the game.  Even though Baker has played well on his return is he stifling our ability to play down the left side?  Co-incidence or not?  Dunno, what do you think.  Eliasson a shadow of those early games?

29 minutes ago, Fuber said:

Atually looking forward to Eisa getting back fully fit. Feel a front 3 of him O'Dowda, and Weimann, would provide utility and pace. With Eliasson, Watkins, and Adelakun (when fit) as rotation.

Please don't put all your hopes on Mo Eisa being the answer.

I'm sure we've got a decent player there but he's very young and raw.

Our awful cup game against Plymouth showed me he has a long way to go before we can count on him as a genuine contender. He obviously gets my full support while he learns his trade with us.

Yep, agree with OP about the reliance, the insistence on 4-4-2 being an issue.

Weimann in a front 3 could be interesting, the question is who do we leave out.

Would like to see some fresh thinking- Hegeler between defence and midfield or maybe Walsh between say Weimann and the midfield would give us new options.

Perhaps even a front 3 of- and it's a bit of a random selection- Weimann and Taylor, with O'Dowda in a mix of a central and free role, with a midfield 3 behind.

Or even a back 3, Hunt and say Da Silva at WB, O'Dowda in the '1' and Weizmann partnering Taylor or Diedhiou depending on the circs.

Not saying all of them are great options, but we absolutely can be more versatile, we now have the right types of players to at least try these sorts of things.

45 minutes ago, Xiled said:

Please don't put all your hopes on Mo Eisa being the answer.

I'm sure we've got a decent player there but he's very young and raw.

Our awful cup game against Plymouth showed me he has a long way to go before we can count on him as a genuine contender. He obviously gets my full support while he learns his trade with us.

Eisa is 24. 

• Admin
10 hours ago, Donnydan said:

Same old subs again LJ. How many games has he repeated his subs like for like? Seem to remember this happening last season aswell. Frustrating 

It's amazing how many times he makes the double change on the hour mark !!

Archived