Brownhill  Pack  O'Dowda   

Paterson

Taylor        

we need to get away from 4-4-2.

Maenpaa

Hunt     Webster   Baker  Kelly

Brownhill  Pack  Walsh  

Taylor  Famara Weimann

In for a penny, in for a pound!  LJ won’t pick this but I’ve pinched his tombola!  

Mäenpää 

Hunt | Webster | Baker | Dasilva

Hegeler

Watkins | Brownhill | Walsh | Eliasson

Weimann

1. think Kelly needs a rest, Dasilva needs a game 
  2. think Pack needs a rest
  3. think Walsh deserves a chance
  4. Weimann to okay on the shoulder again
  5. very harsh on Taylor (sorry Matty)....alternatively, 442, but no Hegeler in HDM, and play two up top.

4 hours ago, Davefevs said:

In for a penny, in for a pound!  LJ won’t pick this but I’ve pinched his tombola!  

Mäenpää 

Hegeler

Weimann

5. very harsh on Taylor (sorry Matty)....alternatively, 442, but no Hegeler in HDM, and play two up top.

I almost agree with this but I would have O’Dowda in there somewhere, Eliasson has been hopeless lately where as COD has shown some semblance of form

7 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Mäenpää 

Hegeler

Weimann

You alright Fevs? You’ll be saying we should resign Woodrow next!!!

The back four pick themselves, as do Pack and Brownhill. 

It’s  the wide men and the strikers that LJ ‘rotates’.

As others have said Walsh has to be considered but unless he’s impressing LJ in training I can’t see him getting a start.

39 minutes ago, Shuffle said:

You alright Fevs? You’ll be saying we should resign Woodrow next!!!

Boom ?

25 minutes ago, Robbored said:

The back four pick themselves, as do Pack and Brownhill. 

It’s  the wide men and the strikers that LJ ‘rotates’.

As others have said Walsh has to be considered but unless he’s impressing LJ in training I can’t see him getting a start.

Is that part of the issue?  Pack has played very poorly (by his own standards admittedly) in 2 of the last 3 games. LJ tells us Walsh has been good in training, so why not give him a start?  He did with Pato!  Maybe Walsh will help get the best out of the widemen? Etc etc.

I like Taylor, and I think City play better with him in the team, but for some reason he hasn’t been able to score regularly in the Championship. It’s probably a crazy thought, but I wonder if he could play in a creative midfield position with Weimann and Diedhiou as the front two? He tends to run into wide positions so this would provide width. To balance this have Pack, Brownhill and Watkins in midfield 

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Boom ?

Is that part of the issue?  Pack has played very poorly (by his own standards admittedly) in 2 of the last 3 games. LJ tells us Walsh has been good in training, so why not give him a start?  He did with Pato!  Maybe Walsh will help get the best out of the widemen? Etc etc.

Point is LJ doesn’t have enough competition in the midfield to replace either Pack or Brownhill which is why they essentially pick themselves regardless of form.

It seems pretty clear that LJ doesn’t feel Walsh is an option unless he plays three in the middle.

2 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Point is LJ doesn’t have enough competition in the midfield to replace either Pack or Brownhill which is why they essentially pick themselves regardless of form.

It seems pretty clear that LJ doesn’t feel Walsh is an option unless he plays three in the middle.

Don’t disagree at all.  At some point he’s gonna have to weigh up the risk reward of resting one of them, and / or changing the shape to play a 3.  He may decide not to change anything!!!

1 hour ago, pongo88 said:

I like Taylor, and I think City play better with him in the team, but for some reason he hasn’t been able to score regularly in the Championship. It’s probably a crazy thought, but I wonder if he could play in a creative midfield position with Weimann and Diedhiou as the front two? He tends to run into wide positions so this would provide width. To balance this have Pack, Brownhill and Watkins in midfield 

An interesting idea- he got 4 or 5 assists in his first half season IIRC.

So like a 4-3-1-2? My reservation there is that unsure Watkins can play centrally and do enough to affect the game from there if it's a 3. If it's Pack with wingers, then Pack if pressed intensely could be badly exposed which in turn would leave the defence vulnerable.

Another idea could be to have him and Weimann both up front, with say Watkins, Brownhill, Pack, O'Dowda as the 4, then in the midfield and defensive phase, one if not both of Weimann and Taylor drop back in to make a 4-4-2-0- a bit like the Paterson behind Reid in that respect. Both more capable of this than Diedhiou IMO.

9 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Mäenpää 

Hegeler

Weimann

No no Dave....the tombola is being cleaned and enjoying a good spraying of WD40 in readiness for the returning injuries.....(that awful squeek was so annoying)

On a side note I think we must start with Taylor..

A controversial idea but could  Weimann is a bit knackered and needs a rest. Would be reluctant indeed to drop him but never know it might be an idea.

Maenpaa

Hunt Webster Baker Kelly

Hegeler

Watkins Brownhill Pack O'Dowda

Taylor

Reason for Watkins is because he gives a bit more physical presence than Eliasson, Taylor is a real, real pest for defences (so is Weimann though) and Hegeler sitting, screening we just haven't seen yet- think it could actually play to some of his strengths personally.

Or maybe:

Maenpaa

Hunt Webster Baker Kelly

Watkins Brownhill Pack O'Dowda

Walsh

Weimann OR Taylor

It's mostly as above, but Walsh can drop  back into the midfield during the defensive phase, can help press during the midfield phase and can roam a bit supporting Weimann or Taylor when we're pushing on. Because he's more of a CM than a number 10, he has a chance of fulfilling this requirement I think. Weimann or Taylor? Depends on whether we think Weimann is a bit knackered. Tbh with the wingers, they all bring various attributes- may well be that O'Dowda and Eliasson best at home, when looking to be on front foot.

On 04/10/2018 at 08:53, Super said:

we need to get away from 4-4-2.

Maenpaa

Hunt     Webster   Baker  Kelly

Brownhill  Pack  Walsh  

Taylor  Famara Weimann

minus Walsh who wasnt on the pitch, we looked good with that front free last half an hour against Rotherham. Wanted to see Walsh get a start so I like this.

On 04/10/2018 at 08:32, old_eastender said:

Fed up with us being overrun in CM, Walsh needs to be given a chance - at least he can consistently pick a pass. Move Brownhill to RM, COD LM and FFS play Taylor!  

Maenpaa

Hunt - Webster - Baker - Kelly

Brownhill, Pack, Walsh, COD

Taylor, Weimann

Not bad

Archived