IGNORED

Bristol City v Sheffield Wednesday Matchday Thread number 12

cidered abroad

23 hours ago, Septic Peg said:

Fascinating that your Great Uncle was Bevin. My husband's family has strong  links with the T&GWU. His portrait was on the local branch banner

Would you mind telling me your husband's name.

15 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

DM me if you like. Worked on the buses if that helps narrow it down.

Sorry if my post sounded intrusive. It is just that for many years as a season ticket holder, I sat immediately behind Ron Nethercott and his mother and father, at the back of the main grandstand. At the time Ron was the secretary of the local branch of the T&GW union I think. Simply wondered if there was any connection.

We seem to play better against the sides that play football and are able to express ourselves as opposed to battling our way through games that become a war of attrition 

Should see a few goals so am going for a 2-2 draw as I think Wednesday are much better than the woeful team who turned up last season at the gate

8 hours ago, jayjay said:

Sorry if my post sounded intrusive. It is just that for many years as a season ticket holder, I sat immediately behind Ron Nethercott and his mother and father, at the back of the main grandstand. At the time Ron was the secretary of the local branch of the T&GW union I think. Simply wondered if there was any connection.

No not intrusive at all. Don't worry.

Not related to that surname but if it's going back a few decades, I can ask the FIL and he might know. He worked for the T&G for over 20 years.

1 minute ago, JonDolman said:

I think Johnson will go with something like this today: 

Maenpaa

Hunt.  Webster Baker Kelly

Watkins Brownhill Pack Paterson

Taylor. Weimann

Why Taylor - its not like he is going to score, is it?

Glad he is playing Pack, as this facilitates our three goals.

Matchday thread very quiet this morning.  Is nobody excited?  We can go 5th with 3 points today and still laugh at the Sag's languishing in the relegation spots with no goals in their last 3 games and no idea where the goals are going to come from.  

A tough match today against Wednesday, but one we can win so long as we compete physically.

30 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Matchday thread very quiet this morning.  Is nobody excited?  We can go 5th with 3 points today and still laugh at the Sag's languishing in the relegation spots with no goals in their last 3 games and no idea where the goals are going to come from.  

A tough match today against Wednesday, but one we can win so long as we compete physically.

I, for one, could not be more excited.

How can I prove this to you??

4 minutes ago, B block said:

Anyone know if the pie vans there today ? 

BigTone??

28 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Expect we will be physical, but I presume Pato will play, that’s 10% of the physicality gone and 50% of the confidence, put that with our  out of position 8 and we shall see what we get, hopefully a result before the 60 minute changes

1 minute ago, dave36 said:

Expect we will be physical, but I presume Pato will play, that’s 10% of the physicality gone and 50% of the confidence, put that with our  out of position 8 and we shall see what we get, hopefully a result before the 60 minute changes

That sounds like 6/10 in the excitement scale.

I'm at least on a 9. I can't maintain this until kick-off, as the blood is draining from other parts of my body.

1 hour ago, wendyredredrobin said:

I think Peg's excited .

:blush: 

1 hour ago, wendyredredrobin said:

We need to compete mentally as well. 

Archived