IGNORED

Bristol City v Sheffield Wednesday Matchday Thread number 12

cidered abroad

2 minutes ago, EstoniaTallinnRed said:

FT another good chance thrown away!   When will LJ ever learn, FFS playing  Pato is like only having ten men. Subs left too late again.  Another three points lost! 5 games without a win, only another 3 to go to equal the record.  Happy Days!!!!!!!

Sadly correct on all points..

OK; so Weds were the better team on the day as reflected in the score.

However; another instance of a Ref not following all the laws of the game. In the first half the Weds keeper held on to the ball for way over the permitted six seconds whilst deciding what to do with it. Towards the end of the second half, two players would gather at the corner arc for a kick. City should have been awarded "a free kick if another player encroaches within ten yards of the arc".

Two points I've noticed in the last three or four games; 1) City's passing is off. Passes either go astray leading to a move breaking down or else they are under hit and the oppos gain possession. 2) When City are awarded a free kick, an oppo player stands over the ball to prevent us taking a quick one.

55 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Wednesday have been in good form,  draws with Leeds and WBA and won at Villa so surprised to hear they're playing poorly 

Thought they were poor first half and we take even one chance think it could be 3-4. They were much better second half and you can see why they cause teams problems. Think our lack of a finisher cost us today

3 minutes ago, EstoniaTallinnRed said:

NO!!!!!!!

2 minutes ago, Redrascal2 said:

3 years of  Johnson. What a hopeless bl00dy mess.We are going nowhere but down.

Its getting boring now. I think this result, for many, will be reflected on as a turning point. Johnson is, quite simply, not very good at his job. 

Just now, Major Isewater said:

We have a soft underbelly. LJ knows it and hasn't addressed it .

What's happened to Diedhou and Pack both way below the level required ?

This was Da Silva's best game in a City shirt . Well done that lad.

Kelly class as usual.

Big disappointment and all our old failings coming to light , why ?

I you want to see a quality midfielder look no further than Bannan today.

1 minute ago, simon uk said:

We sold our 3 most valuable players and replaced them with average championship quality, what did we really expect? 

Yawn, Webster is and will be much more of a player than Flint, Kelly will play for England before Bryan, and no one was moaning about Wiemann 4 games in.

1 minute ago, EstoniaTallinnRed said:

So why have they done that, the money was there, just taking the cheap option as usual!

Cant answer that, we are about 15 million in profit after the summer, we have bought quantity not quality, but lack real star talent at championship level

5 minutes ago, RedBrizzleRobin said:

So Pack is bang out of form the last few games, good job we recruited a CM to cover form and injuries, oh wait..... 

Pack was probably given the Captain's job to see if he could be more consistent, so looks like wrong man!  Whose next?

1 minute ago, bexhill reds said:

Yawn, Webster is and will be much more of a player than Flint, Kelly will play for England before Bryan, and no one was moaning about Wiemann 4 games in.

He really really isn’t. He’s nowhere near with his contributions to the team overall. That may change in the future but as it stands - no way.  

2 minutes ago, simon uk said:

Cant answer that, we are about 15 million in profit after the summer, we have bought quantity not quality, but lack real star talent at championship level

Agree with that and the other problem is that SL will not pay quality wages, so can't get quality players. 

9 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

It really, really won't. 

No.......it really really won't.............for all our concern, very little will change. The only way little LJ and his bestie mate JP will depart is if we drop into the bottom 3, and as we are probably around the 16th-17th worst team in this league at this time, he will still be here in April, for yet another transfer window?  ??

20 minutes ago, KeepUpLino said:

Embarrassing performance!!

No.

11 minutes ago, bexhill reds said:

Stop talking sense!

I'm embarrassed by how poor we were. 

Leaky at the back....nothing in the middle and toothless up front. Buckle in......it's gonna be emotional. 

The players were giving approx 70%.....no emotion....no desire.......implementing a non existent plan.....how much longer can this continue? 

Disagree with the ropey penalty....thought Taylor took it well

I'll be back to be punished again soon ......I'm actually starting to use my support of City as an example of my resilience at work. 

23 minutes ago, AshtonGreat said:

We're heading for a relegation battle this season, absolutely no doubt about it.

One goal from open play in four games is a disgrace.

The usual reactionary nonsense after every defeat. We’re 3 points off the play offs and 9 off relegation.

Won 4, drawn 4, lost 4 is the definition of average and mid-table. For every disappointing defeat you can point to, someone else can point to an encouraging victory.

Get a grip.

Archived