IGNORED

Warnock

Nugget

If he was ever our manager I'd stop going.

Under our structure thankfully he'd never be appointed 

Plus I'd rather watch a team play football in this league and be entertained...over watching Warnock's anti football any day of the week. Why would you want to watch a team playing his style is beyond me.

Although I assume the OP is on a fishing trip...

What you have to remember is that Warnock is not a guarantee of success, even with his record to date. In fact, if you appoint someone whose footballing philosophy is so opposed to the clubs, it’s more likely it’ll end in failure than not.

Don’t believe me?

Theres a manager who has succeeded at every club he’s managed bar one. Every other club he managed were prepared to accept his philosophy of signing established pros on big money and playing physically. Although this one club did go along with it for a while, the fans drifted away, the results were poor, performance dire and it landed them with a load of players to sell at a loss when he left.

The manager is Pulis. The team is Bristol City. You don’t need a degree to see the parallels.

My opinion about Warnockis that always he potect his team and work for his team. His way of play, never mind, but he is a strong manager. Old school, yes, but he can his work. Tha ball is still a ball, and he gets his teams to play more wins than losses. Ok , now Cardiff is pl and probably will be relegated, but his history is strong. Dont want him as Citymanager, but I respect him.

17 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Theres a manager who has succeeded at every club he’s managed bar one. Every other club he managed were prepared to accept his philosophy of signing established pros on big money and playing physically. Although this one club did go along with it for a while, the fans drifted away, the results were poor, performance dire and it landed them with a load of players to sell at a loss when he left.

The manager is Pulis. The team is Bristol City. You don’t need a degree to see the parallels.

I thought you were referring to Steve Bruce.

Absolutely not.

For starters, I doubt Lansdown would ever have him. If you spend millions on prepping a team towards possession-based football, only to throw it away by bringing in Colin, then you're a ******* moron.

Secondly, a lot of people on here about promotion being the ultimate goal. There are many managers capable of getting promoted, but few that are capable of keeping a side in the Premier League. If I had a choice between promotion and getting buggered every week while playing boring football, or slowly working our way up with attractive football, I'd choose the latter every time. Promotion is a symptom of being the best team we can be.

Finally...it's Colin. I'll never understand Bristol City fans that would accept a man like him in the hot seat.

A few years ago it would have been “yes” from me. Now, although I don’t believe someone is a football dinosaur just because they are old, I think his time has gone. Cardiff will be his last club 

At first I thought the idea, the thread title- that it was @bristolcitysweden having started early. :P

On a serious note- Warnock? Too old tbh. Wrong style of football- his QPR and his Sheffield United weren't terrible to watch but that was a while ago- especially the former!

Too old, his football style has got worse and worse. Don't know if he much likes us either- our fans certainly don't much like him!

@Silvio Dante Ah Pulis- what a happy day it was when he left- my first half season was Benny relegation and the first full (as it turned out near enough half season) was that nice Mr Pulis- what a start to life as a City fan eh!

@bengalcub Unsure Cardiff are/were that fussed about staying up tbh.

Archived