IGNORED

Warnock

Nugget

Yes please. Forget his panto persona. Players love him and he’s got a track record of promotion that’s second to none.

If we’re serious about promotion, he’d be a no brainer IMO.

Trouble is can’t see SL going for him which would mean a change to the strategy and how many more years is he going to carry on for anyway? Probably unrealistic.

2 hours ago, barrington said:

IF he became available would you have him in charge? Knows this league like the back of his hand and gets out of it 

Difficult one, in one hand we would have a great chance of going up, but on the other hand, it’s not a sustainable approach as we will go straight back down with him in charge.  I’ve got no beef with him, people get to worked up these days about what he says, it’s all pantomime villain really, oh know it’s not etc 

2 hours ago, spudski said:

If he was ever our manager I'd stop going.

Under our structure thankfully he'd never be appointed 

Plus I'd rather watch a team play football in this league and be entertained...over watching Warnock's anti football any day of the week. Why would you want to watch a team playing his style is beyond me.

This. Warnock & Holloway are simply 2 people that I couldn’t support. 

Thankfully SL feels the same way and hasn’t/won’t risk the structure of the club, in exchange for a possible short term jump to the premier league, which would inevitably lead to problems down the line, if it’s not done properly or sustainably in the first place. 

I could be wrong, maybe Warnock would take us up, keep us up and push us on to European qualification, after establishing us in the top flight for a few years. You know, like he’s done at how many clubs before...?! 

4 hours ago, barrington said:

IF he became available would you have him in charge? Knows this league like the back of his hand and gets out of it 

Your avatar appears to be a head made of shit eg: a shithead.

You aren't a rascal from the other lot who has been lurking about here for almost a decade are you ?

Genuine question mind.

3 hours ago, bengalcub said:

Would i swap lj for Warnock,  yes without a doubt get us to the prem them fire him just like Cardiff should off if they wanted any chance of staying up ....

Aaaaaarghhhhh these sort of comments do my head in...with respect do you actually believe running a football club works like this?

Warnock buys in the type of players that work for his style of play.

He gives them contracts and the club have to pay those players for the length of the contract.

So by your theory...Warnock comes in...has all our players on contracts that wouldn't suit his style of play. So over time, he has to move them on, then find his own players. How many windows would it take for that? If he then got promoted with those players to the Prem, you expect Warnock to be sacked, a new manager found, Warnock's players to be sold and new one's found all in a summer window! Then for them all to gel and stay up playing football in that first season? Really?

Managers and players, budgets, contracts etc, etc...it's not a shopping list and auction site this business.

If only it were that simple...this is why the club, owner and manager must get so frustrated with certain parts of our fan base.

No disrespect mate...but it's hard to read comments sometimes.

I had a peek on his Wiki page to see whether the myth of "Warnock will get you promoted" has any truth in it.

Assuming all true, I was more interested in this: "Warnock has been a lifelong supporter of Sheffield United. He is married to Sharon and has five children, James, Natalie, Amy, Cosmo and William.[82] As of 2010, he lived in Richmond, London[83] and had a home in Cornwall.[84]"

What were Mr and Mrs Warnock stuffing in the crack pipe when they came to pick a name for sprog #4?

A success no doubt but I couldn't stomach the football ( it's bad enough as it is). I always used to just focus on the result, nothing else mattered but it's changed. I want to be entertained. If we would have nicked it Wednesday night while I'd be happy with three points I'd still be downbeat over the performance.  I was much more entertained and enjoyed the spectacle against WBA than Rotherham. Even though we lost. 

Yes.  I would walk over the bridge and carry him back if we had a vacancy (that we won't) !

We would be promoted. End of. 

Others on this thread have commented on his  sh1te football, but sadly SOME of ours has been totally the same this season (like Rotherham  & Wigan.) and its not a bed of roses.

That said it will never happen as we would not buy short term players to achieve a goal 

Aware he is the pantomime villain here but I always respected him for what he has achieved and his behaviour after we beat Palace in that play off  semi-final.    

Got laugh at some on here who think you only have to appoint Colin to get promoted - can't understand why all the other owners of championships clubs are not chucking fistfull of dollars at Tan for his services and the guaranteed promotion windfall of cash just waiting for them, bloody easy this running a football club.

On the choice between Tiny penis, Colin & Hollowhead, need to have another option of the cabbage added as it knows more about playing attractive entertaining football than the 3 of them put together

6 hours ago, spudski said:

If he was ever our manager I'd stop going.

Under our structure thankfully he'd never be appointed 

Plus I'd rather watch a team play football in this league and be entertained...over watching Warnock's anti football any day of the week. Why would you want to watch a team playing his style is beyond me.

While under our current boss we play bright expansive football! Take the blinkers off!

I think it's a good question... I would have him in a heart beat... The people who says otherwise seem to be wrapped up in the whole panto villain.. which some people like to play up.. He gets results.. And he would certainly do a better job at getting a higher finished position that the current "manager" has/is trying to do. 

1. He is nearly 70 years old and I believe he said that managing the sheep would be his last job in professional football.

2. I'm sure I remember SL saying something along the lines of he wouldn't touch him with a barge pole (or words to that effect).

3. His brand of football is both dire and cynical.

In saying that, I think our present manager needs to toughen up our team a bit physically.

1 hour ago, One Team In Keynsham said:

I had a peek on his Wiki page to see whether the myth of "Warnock will get you promoted" has any truth in it.

Assuming all true, I was more interested in this: "Warnock has been a lifelong supporter of Sheffield United. He is married to Sharon and has five children, James, Natalie, Amy, Cosmo and William.[82] As of 2010, he lived in Richmond, London[83] and had a home in Cornwall.[84]"

What were Mr and Mrs Warnock stuffing in the crack pipe when they came to pick a name for sprog #4?

Crack...?

Oh yes please....and as I’ve said zillions of times on here, just use him to get us promoted, then say thanks and goodbye and appoint a premier league ‘capable’ manager.....his record is the best ever, in terms of promotions....no one can match him..and the ones who say ‘I would not watch City if Warnock was in charge’ would soon be seen sneaking into Ashton Gate when we were top of the table....our recent football has been dire so it’s a bit rich to criticise Warnock’s approach....

10 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

As a manager he has won promotion eight times in the last 32 years - once every four years on average....so yep, it’s pretty guaranteed....got to laugh at some on here who don’t get it....

The ultimate question which some people can't understand is... Would you rather win and play ugly or lose/draw and play good? I want to see us in the Prem and their would be a very good chance of us reaching that with warnock in charge... So yes I'd take him in an instant... Anyone who disagree's with that... Must be a complete moron. 

1 hour ago, South-of-river said:

I think it's a good question... I would have him in a heart beat... The people who says otherwise seem to be wrapped up in the whole panto villain.. which some people like to play up.. He gets results.. And he would certainly do a better job at getting a higher finished position that the current "manager" has/is trying to do. 

No way, when LJ was at his lowest (really bad relegation close run) I would have accepted him but I would have probably taken Trollope at that point 

1 hour ago, TonyTonyTony said:

Old Colin ? Are you mental ? The bloke is a prize bellend, hates the club and plays shit football. 

those that say yes to this have had to many Golds, or are seriously deranged

Will never happen

Hates the club? He’s very fond of us actually.

Bloke is a good laugh, loved it when he said that when he dies he doesn’t want any kind of minutes silence or applause, just a minutes booing at places like Bristol City.

You’re probably just one of our many fans that are so touchy you’re prepared to give him all the stick in the world but can’t take a light hearted dig back. Even then he’s always praising the club and I can find many an example where he shows his admiration for us.

Also, wanting a manager that delivers promotion to the top tier time and time again? I agree, how utterly deranged.

Archived