Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

barrington

Warnock

I think it's a good question... I would have him in a heart beat... The people who says otherwise seem to be wrapped up in the whole panto villain.. which some people like to play up.. He gets results.. And he would certainly do a better job at getting a higher finished position that the current "manager" has/is trying to do. 

• Like 1

Old Colin ? Are you mental ? The bloke is a prize bellend, hates the club and plays shit football. 

those that say yes to this have had to many Golds, or are seriously deranged

Will never happen

1. He is nearly 70 years old and I believe he said that managing the sheep would be his last job in professional football.

2. I'm sure I remember SL saying something along the lines of he wouldn't touch him with a barge pole (or words to that effect).

3. His brand of football is both dire and cynical.

In saying that, I think our present manager needs to toughen up our team a bit physically.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, One Team In Keynsham said:

I had a peek on his Wiki page to see whether the myth of "Warnock will get you promoted" has any truth in it.

Assuming all true, I was more interested in this: "Warnock has been a lifelong supporter of Sheffield United. He is married to Sharon and has five children, James, Natalie, Amy, Cosmo and William.[82] As of 2010, he lived in Richmond, London[83] and had a home in Cornwall.[84]"

What were Mr and Mrs Warnock stuffing in the crack pipe when they came to pick a name for sprog #4?

Crack...?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Oh yes please....and as I’ve said zillions of times on here, just use him to get us promoted, then say thanks and goodbye and appoint a premier league ‘capable’ manager.....his record is the best ever, in terms of promotions....no one can match him..and the ones who say ‘I would not watch City if Warnock was in charge’ would soon be seen sneaking into Ashton Gate when we were top of the table....our recent football has been dire so it’s a bit rich to criticise Warnock’s approach....

• Like 5

1 hour ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

Got laugh at some on here who think you only have to appoint Colin to get promoted....

As a manager he has won promotion eight times in the last 32 years - once every four years on average....so yep, it’s pretty guaranteed....got to laugh at some on here who don’t get it....

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

As a manager he has won promotion eight times in the last 32 years - once every four years on average....so yep, it’s pretty guaranteed....got to laugh at some on here who don’t get it....

The ultimate question which some people can't understand is... Would you rather win and play ugly or lose/draw and play good? I want to see us in the Prem and their would be a very good chance of us reaching that with warnock in charge... So yes I'd take him in an instant... Anyone who disagree's with that... Must be a complete moron. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, South-of-river said:

Anyone who disagree's with that... Must be a complete moron. 

I’ll hold my hands up and say I’m a moron then.

Any genuine fab would dismiss Colin instantly. Massive bellend. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, South-of-river said:

I think it's a good question... I would have him in a heart beat... The people who says otherwise seem to be wrapped up in the whole panto villain.. which some people like to play up.. He gets results.. And he would certainly do a better job at getting a higher finished position that the current "manager" has/is trying to do. 

No way, when LJ was at his lowest (really bad relegation close run) I would have accepted him but I would have probably taken Trollope at that point 

1 hour ago, TonyTonyTony said:

Old Colin ? Are you mental ? The bloke is a prize bellend, hates the club and plays shit football. 

Will never happen

Hates the club? He’s very fond of us actually.

Bloke is a good laugh, loved it when he said that when he dies he doesn’t want any kind of minutes silence or applause, just a minutes booing at places like Bristol City.

You’re probably just one of our many fans that are so touchy you’re prepared to give him all the stick in the world but can’t take a light hearted dig back. Even then he’s always praising the club and I can find many an example where he shows his admiration for us.

Also, wanting a manager that delivers promotion to the top tier time and time again? I agree, how utterly deranged.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, South-of-river said:

Why ‘manager’ , seems childish.

His autobiography is a great read and despite all the shit he’s got from us over the years, he respects us a lot. I met the bloke when I was in Looe a few years back and he took the time to have a beer and have a chat. Big respect for that.

36 minutes ago, TonyTonyTony said:

Fab? You obviously know Neil personally to abuse him and know he’s a ‘massive bellend’ because his media persona is well rehearsed and very effective - if you’ve fallen for that and think it reflects his true personality then there’s no hope....

• Like 3

2 hours ago, TonyTonyTony said:

Will never happen

He certainly does not hate our club - has called us a proper club with great fans in the past....he has never hidden his desire to manage us...

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Diddlydonkey said:

His autobiography is a great read and despite all the shit he’s got from us over the years, he respects us a lot. I met the bloke when I was in Looe a few years back and he took the time to have a beer and have a chat. Big respect for that.

Good post DD - it never fails to amuse me how many people fall for his well rehearsed media theatrics - he’s an expert at deflecting any attention from his players....like marching into the press interviews after a game against us with a copy of The Bristol Post under his arm, from which he quoted LJ and said how much it motivated him....made it about him and put himself in the firing line not his team....I bet he has many a chuckle about how many fans fall for it and charge onto Forums to call him a ‘bellend’ etc - EIGHT promotions - incredible....

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Good post DD - it never fails to amuse me how many people fall for his well rehearsed media theatrics - he’s an expert at deflecting any attention from his players....like marching into the press interviews after a game against us with a copy of The Bristol Post under his arm, from which he quoted LJ and said how much it motivated him....made it about him and put himself in the firing line not his team....I bet he has many a chuckle about how many fans fall for it and charge onto Forums to call him a ‘bellend’ etc - EIGHT promotions - incredible....

Completely, it’s all deflection and it works. In my books if a man you don’t know can take the time out of his day to have a pint with you he’s a good bloke.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Loon plage said:

Your avatar appears to be a head made of shit eg: a shithead.

You aren't a rascal from the other lot who has been lurking about here for almost a decade are you ?

Genuine question mind.

Google Barrington Hayles ... 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

So it was you listening through my wall with a glass to your ear last night?!

Why did you say that?

not sure I have got the hang of quoting 2 posts yet.

5 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Eh?! I was replying to, and quoting @ZiderEyed‘s post....

Yes yes yes yes yes oh god yes. put that before my response and then "Why did you say that?" But as @ZiderEyed's post didn't copy it lost a lot in translation.

5 hours ago, spudski said:

Aaaaaarghhhhh these sort of comments do my head in...with respect do you actually believe running a football club works like this?

Warnock buys in the type of players that work for his style of play.

He gives them contracts and the club have to pay those players for the length of the contract.

So by your theory...Warnock comes in...has all our players on contracts that wouldn't suit his style of play. So over time, he has to move them on, then find his own players. How many windows would it take for that? If he then got promoted with those players to the Prem, you expect Warnock to be sacked, a new manager found, Warnock's players to be sold and new one's found all in a summer window! Then for them all to gel and stay up playing football in that first season? Really?

Managers and players, budgets, contracts etc, etc...it's not a shopping list and auction site this business.

If only it were that simple...this is why the club, owner and manager must get so frustrated with certain parts of our fan base.

No disrespect mate...but it's hard to read comments sometimes.

I could pick apart this response however Warnocks Cardiff are in the bottom three and going down playing awful football with average championship players 

2 minutes ago, bengalcub said:

I could pick apart this response however Warnocks Cardiff are in the bottom three and going down playing awful football with average championship players 

Yeh but Warnock isn’t a premier league manager, he has his level....he’d take us up within two seasons though....

Completely agree bs4 on tour .

My point was yes have Warnock over lj as he would push us to the prem , but sack him when/if we got there as he has no hope of keeping us up .

Who wants to go up to play teams like Cardiff, Bournemouth, Huddersfield, Rotherham every week 😕

The bloke has had a great career in football and whatever people think of him, I will miss him when he retires. 

A great personality and he ain’t no mugg for sure. 

I’ll always remember one of his players at Sheffield Utd having a massive black during a game. When asked about the injury after the match Warnock replayed. “ I told him not to worry, it’s only his head”

can you imagine Pep saying something like that? A working class hero who’s left an impression on football. 

15 hours ago, TonyTonyTony said:

Yea well you must be.. Don't worry you're not alone on here. Massive poo pusher. 

On ‎05‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 13:14, barrington said:

IF he became available would you have him in charge? Knows this league like the back of his hand and gets out of it 

If Gary Johnson became available would you have him in charge? Knows league one like the back of his hand and gets out of it. 

8 minutes ago, Dastardly and Muttley said:

Christ, he’s 5 yards away from the ball. That’s not a tackle, that’s assault.

According to Mr W the Spurs players got him sent off. Par for the course for him talking bollocks I suppose.

Just once can`t he hold his hands up and say the player was an idiot and deserved to be sent off.

58 minutes ago, Dastardly and Muttley said:

Christ, he’s 5 yards away from the ball. That’s not a tackle, that’s assault.

There are Cardiff fans on that twitter thread saying it was a yellow. Laughable.

If a City player did that I would be directly my anger towards him and not the ref. It was completely unnecessary in that area of the pitch and did nothing but reduce their chances of getting something from the game with 30 mins still to play and confirm Cardiff's anti-football reputation. They're well on course to becoming the most unpopular side ever to play in the PL.

• Like 1

Over Johnson all day long yes.

Hate the bloke but then you step back look what he did to a mediocre Cardiff and pretty much what he does at all teams below the Premier league. All day long. I've/ we've  waited long enough for Premier league now. Even Huddersfield Brighton Bournemouth are laughing at us

24% possession for Cardiff today. And 2 corners! Jolly well done to them for that. I wonder how long it took them to take their throw-ins this week? I'm sure Colin will have spent much of last week telling them to get on with it and not take so long.

26 minutes ago, brizzlecityfc said:

Over Johnson all day long yes.

Hate the bloke but then you step back look what he did to a mediocre Cardiff and pretty much what he does at all teams below the Premier league. All day long. I've/ we've  waited long enough for Premier league now. Even Huddersfield Brighton Bournemouth are laughing at us

I'm laughing at you.

• Thanks 1

The Fanbase, in general has spent a couple of weeks complaining how shit the football has been. It was and endless moan of, not being able to string 3 passes together, going too direct and not playing through midfield. Now people are saying they would like Warnock ???? Wouldn't that make all the complaints the norm?
It's like the Turkey voting foe Christmas.