IGNORED

UFC

Undy English

Anyone tuning in to watch McGregor v Khabib this weekend?

Interesting match up, especially with the bitterness of the press conferences/history between the two.

Despite the long lay-off, I still expect McGregor to fully outclass Khabib; superior movement and boxing should be enough to avoid a ground fight.

6 minutes ago, Undy English said:

Anyone tuning in to watch McGregor v Khabib this weekend?

Interesting match up, especially with the bitterness of the press conferences/history between the two.

Despite the long lay-off, I still expect McGregor to fully outclass Khabib; superior movement and boxing should be enough to avoid a ground fight.

I so hope Khabib wins but I've a bad feeling he's going to get knocked out early, on the way in. 

Initially I thought Khabib would maul him.

Very exciting matchup ! ?

30 minutes ago, Dylan said:

I so hope Khabib wins but I've a bad feeling he's going to get knocked out early, on the way in. 

Initially I thought Khabib would maul him.

Very exciting matchup ! ?

Same here, been watching loads of training videos lately that changed my mind. Despite a good ground game, Khabib is slow, terrible boxing skills and keeps his chin very high. Can see McGregor finishing it surprisingly early. 

21 hours ago, Undy English said:

Same here, been watching loads of training videos lately that changed my mind. Despite a good ground game, Khabib is slow, terrible boxing skills and keeps his chin very high. Can see McGregor finishing it surprisingly early. 

You like watching men in shorts getting a hot and sweaty do you?

On 07/10/2018 at 06:31, Up The City! said:

Disgusting behaviour from Khabib.

Khabib thoroughly deserved the win. McGregor didn't shine at all, poor defence, lethargic very quickly. Khabib even looked the better boxer, rocking McGregor a few times.

As for the after fight scenes, much more entertaining than the 20mins of 'floor cuddling' which preceded it. 

Unlike McGregor, Khabib will be punished as his actions took place in and around the Octagon on fight night. Nevada State already with-holding his purse money. 

Double standards being applied, Mcgregor can kick at his opponents before the match, make as many derogatory comments about his faith/ family members. Injure fellow fighters by throwing things through a glass window but god forbid somebody does it back to the golden boy of the UFC. What a load of hypocrites.

PS.

I am biased because I cannot stand the gobby shite, and I'm glad him and his ego took a beating.

I certainly think the pre-fight 'banter' was excessive and ought to be taken into consideration when the blame gets dished out. The sport will have gained some headlines (and the thought is that in this game there is no such thing as bad publicity). Already hailed as the 'biggest' fight in UFC history, imagine the clamour for the rematch?   :devil::boxing: I believe the expression is 'selling tickets'.

Is McGregor the world's most over-rated fighter? You pays yer money...

21 minutes ago, screech said:

Double standards being applied, Mcgregor can kick at his opponents before the match, make as many derogatory comments about his faith/ family members. Injure fellow fighters by throwing things through a glass window but god forbid somebody does it back to the golden boy of the UFC. What a load of hypocrites.

PS.

I am biased because I cannot stand the gobby shite, and I'm glad him and his ego took a beating.

Well said and certainly double standards.

But the only notable difference is this: MacGregor is careful. He only causes scenes at press conferences, car parks, anywhere away from the Octagon. Khabib's actions happened in the ring, world and media watching, security and police everywhere, innocent people caught up in the brawls which, from social media videos, ended up turning the whole arena into a battleground.

Taking these things into account, only 1 person is ever going to get punished.

Archived