IGNORED

Lee Johnson reveals his plan to thwart Sheffield Wednesdays Adam Reach

Never to the dark side

8 minutes ago, Abraham Romanovich said:

This thread is all getting a bit Marty McFly as it is now appearing on Owlstalk.

https://www.owlstalk.co.uk/forums/topic/276824-from-the-bristol-city-forum/

Is someone able to confirm that the space time continuum will not unravel if someone posts on the wrong thread.

They seem to like us!

2 hours ago, Abraham Romanovich said:

This thread is all getting a bit Marty McFly as it is now appearing on Owlstalk.

Is someone able to confirm that the space time continuum will not unravel if someone posts on the wrong thread.

I like Wednesday fans. They seem to share our self-deprecating sense of humour, perhaps because they’re a similarly sized club who haven’t had much to write home about for many years, much like ourselves.

Plus @Owl Visiting must surely be our best non-City forumite.

3 hours ago, Abraham Romanovich said:

If they do, the internet will be sucked into a vortex and collapse in on itself. Nothing to be alarmed about though, a bit like drawing away at Rotherham. 

1 hour ago, ChippenhamRed said:

I like Wednesday fans. They seem to share our self-deprecating sense of humour, perhaps because they’re a similarly sized club who haven’t had much to write home about for many years, much like ourselves.

Plus @Owl Visiting must surely be our best non-City forumite.

I think putting us as a similar size club to Sheff Wednesday is a bit self-deluded rather than self-deprecating!

The normally dour Robbo is uncharacteristically enthusiastic on that forum. Exclamation marks all over the place!

Seems to have been welcomed there with open arms and responded in kind - he's not only become a Sheffield Wednesday Fan but bizarrely apparently accepted an invitation to join the Sheffield Wednesday Youth Team!!

36 minutes ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

I think putting us as a similar size club to Sheff Wednesday is a bit self-deluded rather than self-deprecating!

I said similar, not the same. Last season we averaged 21k at home; they averaged 26k. Clearly they are a bit bigger - and have achieved more - but not a million miles apart.

13 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

I said similar, not the same. Last season we averaged 21k at home; they averaged 26k. Clearly they are a bit bigger - and have achieved more - but not a million miles apart.

Wednesday have averaged somewhere between 20-30k just about every season for the last 30 years, including several years in L1.

Really no comparison.

http://european-football-statistics.co.uk/attnclub/league/shew.htm

4 hours ago, Curr Avon said:

Surrounded by 6 City players? No wonder Reach is touching cloth.

Ha ha!!!

Never has the Half Man Half Biscuit lyric from “all I want for Christmas is a Dukla Prague away kit” more relevant:

- sent off our right back (Hunt) for the taking the base from under their left winger (Reach)

54 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Wednesday have averaged somewhere between 20-30k just about every season for the last 30 years, including several years in L1.

Really no comparison.

http://european-football-statistics.co.uk/attnclub/league/shew.htm

So we’ve caught up a bit then!

Fair enough though, I take your point. Historically they are a much bigger club, but these days there’s not so much in it.

4 hours ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

The normally dour Robbo is uncharacteristically enthusiastic on that forum. Exclamation marks all over the place!

Seems to have been welcomed there with open arms and responded in kind - he's not only become a Sheffield Wednesday Fan but bizarrely apparently accepted an invitation to join the Sheffield Wednesday Youth Team!!

If Wednesday get to Wembley this year they've got their bus driver sorted at least.

4 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

So we’ve caught up a bit then!

Fair enough though, I take your point. Historically they are a much bigger club, but these days there’s not so much in it.

When both Sheffield clubs were in Division 3 in the 79/80 season, 49,000 rocked up to Hillsborough for the derby match on Boxing Day!

And the season before last they averaged 27k, more than we have averaged in our history.

But we are catching up, a bit, averaging 20k plus. Some way to go yet, though!

5 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Ha ha!!!

Never has the Half Man Half Biscuit lyric from “all I want for Christmas is a Dukla Prague away kit” more relevant:

- sent off our right back (Hunt) for the taking the base from under their left winger (Reach)

And your travelling army of synthetic supporters would be taken away from you and thrown in the bin!

6 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Ha ha!!!

1 hour ago, forbespm said:

And your travelling army of synthetic supporters would be taken away from you and thrown in the bin!

At last, been a while since a thread has descended into HMHB lyrics :clap:

Archived