IGNORED

Mark Radcliffe diagnosed with mouth cancer

Lanterne Rouge

2 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

One of my favourite and certainly one of the most knowledgeable music radio presenters there is has announced he`s taking time out to be treated for mouth cancer. He`s leaving 6music straight away to start dealing with it and hopes to be back in the New Year.

Best wishes Mark and hope you make a full recovery.

Very talented man,who could forget mark and lard https://youtu.be/D4iEPU3uVDg

Sad news, though Mark was really sprightly and upbeat about it on his last Radmac show on Thursday. "I'll definitely be back, don't worry". Maybe/hopefully even in time for their switch to the breakfast show in the new year. 

He's been my favourite broadcaster ever since his Graveyard Shift days with Lard around '93/94, and their afternoon show on radio 1 was just the funniest thing ever.

Is it Dame Vera Lynn Mark? Sounds just like him.

8 hours ago, Northern Red said:

Mark and Lard were brilliant.

They'd never get away with half of the stuff they used to come up with if they were on that show today.

I’m amazed they got away with Fat harry white even back then, it was genius. 

On ‎06‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 13:08, City Rocker said:

Sad news, though Mark was really sprightly and upbeat about it on his last Radmac show on Thursday. "I'll definitely be back, don't worry". Maybe/hopefully even in time for their switch to the breakfast show in the new year. 

He's been my favourite broadcaster ever since his Graveyard Shift days with Lard around '93/94, and their afternoon show on radio 1 was just the funniest thing ever.

Is it Dame Vera Lynn Mark? Sounds just like him.

I`ve heard things about this but have missed any sort of announcement. What is happening? Is RadMac not going to be on in the afternoons any more? I will be very disappointed if it isn`t and they`re going to be on the breakfast show - I always listen to 4extra from 5:30 - 9:30 and then 6music for the rest of the day so that`s my day`s listening buggered.

23 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

I`ve heard things about this but have missed any sort of announcement. What is happening? Is RadMac not going to be on in the afternoons any more? I will be very disappointed if it isn`t and they`re going to be on the breakfast show - I always listen to 4extra from 5:30 - 9:30 and then 6music for the rest of the day so that`s my day`s listening buggered.

Yeah reshuffle. Radmac moving to weekend breakfast, Lauren Laverne taking over the daily breakfast show and Shaun Keaveny in the afternoon slot. 

I like to listen to Danny Baker on 5live Saturday mornings, so that's an unfortunate clash as well.

12 minutes ago, City Rocker said:

Yeah reshuffle. Radmac moving to weekend breakfast, Lauren Laverne taking over the daily breakfast show and Shaun Keaveny in the afternoon slot. 

I like to listen to Danny Baker on 5live Saturday mornings, so that's an unfortunate clash as well.

Same here mate - depends on the timing I guess, DB`s on 9-11 so it might be possible to do both?

Reading between the lines though, and going by a few throwaway comments he`s made lately  I think Danny could well be packing it in soon and retiring to the States.

On 07/10/2018 at 21:13, Red Right Hand said:

Same here mate - depends on the timing I guess, DB`s on 9-11 so it might be possible to do both?

Reading between the lines though, and going by a few throwaway comments he`s made lately  I think Danny could well be packing it in soon and retiring to the States.

Yeah, I think he has more than hinted at that. Apparently planning  to move to Florida and write books.

Be a big loss, he is a fantastic and unique broadcaster.

On 07/10/2018 at 20:58, City Rocker said:

Horrible news, I've been listening to Mark Radcliffe since the 'Out on Blue six' days.

I heard about the shuffle , Keaveny is ok in the mornings but not sure he won't be too annoying for 1-4pm, for me at least. I like Lauren Lavern , but she plays too much dance type music for my liking. As for Danny Baker, I didn't know he was still on the radio. The only channel I listen too on a weekend is for the City.  I'm still hoping he brings his stage show to Bristol, never replied when I've asked on Twitter and he's stopped touring for this year. Fingers crossed though.

17 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

Horrible news, I've been listening to Mark Radcliffe since the 'Out on Blue six' days.

I heard about the shuffle , Keaveny is ok in the mornings but not sure he won't be too annoying for 1-4pm, for me at least. I like Lauren Lavern , but she plays too much dance type music for my liking. As for Danny Baker, I didn't know he was still on the radio. The only channel I listen too on a weekend is for the City.  I'm still hoping he brings his stage show to Bristol, never replied when I've asked on Twitter and he's stopped touring for this year. Fingers crossed though.

Yeah I`ve been hoping he gets down to Exeter or Plymouth but it seems he likes to go home after the shows in the main so I doubt he`ll come down this way. Didn`t he do the Hippodrome (?) on his first tour though?

2 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

Yeah I`ve been hoping he gets down to Exeter or Plymouth but it seems he likes to go home after the shows in the main so I doubt he`ll come down this way. Didn`t he do the Hippodrome (?) on his first tour though?

Don't know about that, I'd be annoyed if I missed him. Don't want to end up doing what I did for David Baddiel (I know he's a bit Marmite) , got fed up waiting for him to come down here and got tickets for Stratford. A week later he announced Bristol ! Really good show BTW.

Archived