IGNORED

Xmas Lunch Bristol

Markman

For the last few years we realised it was stupid to spend £20 - £30 on a Xmas lunch when most of the time we are having a few beers and not really appreciating the food (but we have some with us who like a nice sit down and a bit of civilisation rather than grab a pie and keep drinking) - all we really need is some cheapish grub as filler - luckily we found the Meze which is cheap and brilliant food at lunchtime.

Shock horror the date we need this year is fully booked  - so does anyone know anywhere with sensible prices that could take 15 - 25 people during the lunch hours (12 - 15.00) in Bristol - I did think Zanzibar but they are packed out  - I suppose the 'spoons next door might work?

NB Tuk Tuk (Korean in St Stephens St is good grub but too small for us)

24 minutes ago, Markman said:

For the last few years we realised it was stupid to spend £20 - £30 on a Xmas lunch when most of the time we are having a few beers and not really appreciating the food (but we have some with us who like a nice sit down and a bit of civilisation rather than grab a pie and keep drinking) - all we really need is some cheapish grub as filler - luckily we found the Meze which is cheap and brilliant food at lunchtime.

Shock horror the date we need this year is fully booked  - so does anyone know anywhere with sensible prices that could take 15 - 25 people during the lunch hours (12 - 15.00) in Bristol - I did think Zanzibar but they are packed out  - I suppose the 'spoons next door might work?

NB Tuk Tuk (Korean in St Stephens St is good grub but too small for us)

When I was working it was virtually impossible to get 15-25 people to a) agree on the date and time b) agree on the venue or type of restaurant for the annual Xmas ‘do’.

One Xmas we went to Jongluers (so?) comedy club in Baldwin St and it was brilliant! Problem was it was chicken or scampi with chips on the menu............

Good luck!

I know Bristol Sport took all their staff out for their Xmas do last January. They had a much better deal and experience having a New Year (ish) party then when it was quieter as the staff weren’t rushed off their feet and the food a better quality etc ( it was held away from AG). It was held in Jan as December got mega busy with the cup game, think their original party date was matchday or very close.

I know this probably doesn’t help you, but I’ve heard other companies give Xmas a swerve too. Nobody goes out in Jan and it was nice to look forward to. I’ve paid a deposit for a Xmas works meal in July before now, popular places get booked around then, and charge a premium.  Maybe try somewhere away from central Bristol, but you aren’t going to please everybody. And if you work Central a Bristol I guess you have to return to work nearby after?

Archived