IGNORED

Saturday’s football and Betting

Red Army 75

13 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

No not us  :grr: . But the rest of the football league. Starting with Leeds v Brentford which should be a good game. Also anyone got any good accys on

Spurs, Burnley, Pompey, Sunderland, Villa, Stoke, West Brom, Notts County, Lincoln is mine 

Talking about betting and the Leeds game, Leeds have just brought on a sub. We thought he looked young so googled, Jack Clarke, 17 years old. What are the rules about u18’s wearing shirts sponsored by betting organisations, I thought it was a no, but he has the 32Red shirt?

49 minutes ago, RedM said:

Talking about betting and the Leeds game, Leeds have just brought on a sub. We thought he looked young so googled, Jack Clarke, 17 years old. What are the rules about u18’s wearing shirts sponsored by betting organisations, I thought it was a no, but he has the 32Red shirt?

I think teams can not have betting companies on shirts whose teams comprise players who are all under 18 (and for shirts in children's sizes i.e. our robins shirts).

So they're probably not breaking any rules. However, I don't think you're allowed to use U18s to promote gambling 'directly' so he probably won't be used in any marketing wearing the shirt. But if he scores a winning goal in the last minute, he's going to be all over the internet wearing said shirt, so I've no idea how that fits in with the guidelines!

Archived