IGNORED

Nicky Maynard - still got that finish!

Denbury Red

48 minutes ago, Denbury Red said:

If you can watch Nicky’s two goals for Bury - first one a great overhead kick, and the second - in the 95th minute - turn and first time shot into the corner. 

Fnishing ability never goes away!

18 goals in 140 games since leaving us. Still looked good today - memories of his "goal of the season"

4 hours ago, leadman said:

he should admit that leaving us was a very bad move when he did.

Thinking not of Maynard, but Cunningham, Ayling, Freeman, Flint and the Villa quartet having left us are all still playing at our level. Which ones would you have back if poss?

Don't really give a toss tbh. He isn't the first player to have said stupid things when he was young, and he won't be the last to have got too big for his boots. it's blown up in his face pretty much, but i can't say I take satisfaction in a lad's career going to the dogs. He was a bit daft, that's it, i don't really see the reason to continue to villify him. 

2 hours ago, poland_exile said:

Don't really give a toss tbh. He isn't the first player to have said stupid things when he was young, and he won't be the last to have got too big for his boots. it's blown up in his face pretty much, but i can't say I take satisfaction in a lad's career going to the dogs. He was a bit daft, that's it, i don't really see the reason to continue to villify him. 

I agree with this. People often prefer to ignore facts like he, along with LJ & other ex players were all at Wembley supporting us in the game Vs Walsall during the double winning season. 

Preffering to ridicule the guy for what was clearly a tongue in cheek joke about his son’s accent. 

Maynard, in his time here, one one of the finest strikers we’ve had at this club and it’s tragic for him that injuries have ruined a very promising career. 

1 hour ago, Bar BS3 said:

I agree with this. People often prefer to ignore facts like he, along with LJ & other ex players were all at Wembley supporting us in the game Vs Walsall during the double winning season. 

Preffering to ridicule the guy for what was clearly a tongue in cheek joke about his son’s accent. 

Maynard, in his time here, one one of the finest strikers we’ve had at this club and it’s tragic for him that injuries have ruined a very promising career. 

Totally. If we were all judged on off-hand comments we had made when we were 24 or 25 then I doubt many of us would have a job. 

Football does produce villains, and we've had some right clowns playing for us ourselves, but to think Maynard is one of them is madness. It was a privilege to have a player of his talent down the Gate, and I'd love him to enjoy something of a swansong in his career (so long as it ain't for the gas!). Good luck to the fella! 

Archived