Jump to content

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Denbury Red

Nicky Maynard - still got that finish!

Recommended Posts

If you can watch Nicky’s two goals for Bury - first one a great overhead kick, and the second - in the 95th minute - turn and first time shot into the corner. 

Fnishing ability never goes away!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Denbury Red said:

If you can watch Nicky’s two goals for Bury - first one a great overhead kick, and the second - in the 95th minute - turn and first time shot into the corner. 

Fnishing ability never goes away!

18 goals in 140 games since leaving us. Still looked good today - memories of his "goal of the season"

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, leadman said:

he should admit that leaving us was a very bad move when he did.

Thinking not of Maynard, but Cunningham, Ayling, Freeman, Flint and the Villa quartet having left us are all still playing at our level. Which ones would you have back if poss?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, 22A said:

Thinking not of Maynard, but Cunningham, Ayling, Freeman, Flint and the Villa quartet having left us are all still playing at our level. Which ones would you have back if poss?

Adomah and Abraham.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, 22A said:

Thinking not of Maynard, but Cunningham, Ayling, Freeman, Flint and the Villa quartet having left us are all still playing at our level. Which ones would you have back if poss?

Cunningham is playing in the premier for cardiff

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't really give a toss tbh. He isn't the first player to have said stupid things when he was young, and he won't be the last to have got too big for his boots. it's blown up in his face pretty much, but i can't say I take satisfaction in a lad's career going to the dogs. He was a bit daft, that's it, i don't really see the reason to continue to villify him. 

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, sglosbcfc said:

Freeman and Abraham would probably be the two that would most enhance our team/squad.

Freeman? He never set the world alight for us in the championship and to be honest, wouldn't get back in our squad 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He still scored my choice of best City goal. He was a good striker working with pretty much no service here, he had to pretty carve out his goals on his own. Shame he could not go onto better things, as he had the eye and touch for sure.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, poland_exile said:

Don't really give a toss tbh. He isn't the first player to have said stupid things when he was young, and he won't be the last to have got too big for his boots. it's blown up in his face pretty much, but i can't say I take satisfaction in a lad's career going to the dogs. He was a bit daft, that's it, i don't really see the reason to continue to villify him. 

I agree with this. People often prefer to ignore facts like he, along with LJ & other ex players were all at Wembley supporting us in the game Vs Walsall during the double winning season. 

Preffering to ridicule the guy for what was clearly a tongue in cheek joke about his son’s accent. 

Maynard, in his time here, one one of the finest strikers we’ve had at this club and it’s tragic for him that injuries have ruined a very promising career. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bar BS3 said:

I agree with this. People often prefer to ignore facts like he, along with LJ & other ex players were all at Wembley supporting us in the game Vs Walsall during the double winning season. 

Preffering to ridicule the guy for what was clearly a tongue in cheek joke about his son’s accent. 

Maynard, in his time here, one one of the finest strikers we’ve had at this club and it’s tragic for him that injuries have ruined a very promising career. 

Totally. If we were all judged on off-hand comments we had made when we were 24 or 25 then I doubt many of us would have a job. 

Football does produce villains, and we've had some right clowns playing for us ourselves, but to think Maynard is one of them is madness. It was a privilege to have a player of his talent down the Gate, and I'd love him to enjoy something of a swansong in his career (so long as it ain't for the gas!). Good luck to the fella! 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...