IGNORED

Yet another winless run

Numero Uno

4 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Now up to 5. He’s not learning, get rid.

He`s not learning or leaving anytime soon,

• we have a non existing attack force,
  • Fammy will not be our saviour
  • we are weak in midfield and poor in defence.

All looks towards an up and coming dogfight at the wrong end of the table.......and no the xmas window wont do it.

Poor management needs changing....but don't hold your breath; round and round we go.

I think until we get in a situation where we realistically will be relegated he'll be safe in his job. We're a mid-league team, after losing Flint, Bryan, Reid etc I don't see that changing any time soon. We've brought in a few decent players but at this point this IS Lee Johnsons squad, not just his team, his squad. 
He's had enough time to get in the players he wants and there still doesn't seem to be any solid structure to us.

Consistency is our killer, some weeks we look great, the next we look awful. We're not clinical, we're not creative and we're not intimidating, we're just mediocre with a few flashes of brilliance and that's not enough.

I genuinely hope Lee can turn this around and we can be a team to compete for a play off spot but at this point, I think we just need to aim to finish in the top half of the league. 

I know we can do far worse than Lee Johnson, we've made that point in the past but I would like to believe that we can also do far better. My worst fear is that we remain mediocre for a few more seasons and then have a particularly bad season and end up in a relegation battle at which point finding a manager willing to take us on becomes ar more difficult.

2 minutes ago, chinapig said:

I have some sympathy with him as injuries to key players, most recently Kalas, keep undermining him but I no longer have a clue what the plan is.

More importantly, it doesn't look like he does either.

Spot on. No gameplan anymore. Sometimes they press but usually as individuals. Sometimes they play out from the back sometimes they hoof it. Change out formation at home play open expansive football away. Change back to 442 but bring on wingers who like to cut inside. There is no pattern to our play anymore. LJ has taken us to a stable champ club with a good philosphy. Now i think he is probably holding us back. He has spent bigger on wages this summer so we had funds. Unfortunately he bought all graft and no footballers. We have a solid hard to beat side who will not worry many defences

2 minutes ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

But then we'll beat Hull, won't we? Just say "yes, we will"

We will get lucky at some stage........ but then SL will employ another just the same as LJ

2 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Spot on. No gameplan anymore. Sometimes they press but usually as individuals. Sometimes they play out from the back sometimes they hoof it. Change out formation at home play open expansive football away. Change back to 442 but bring on wingers who like to cut inside. There is no pattern to our play anymore. LJ has taken us to a stable champ club with a good philosphy. Now i think he is probably holding us back. He has spent bigger on wages this summer so we had funds. Unfortunately he bought all graft and no footballers. We have a solid hard to beat side who will not worry many defences

The baffling thing for me is that things were going well, the highlight being a superb performance at Swansea that epitomised what I thought was his preferred way of playing, but in no time at all he abandoned that approach.

He wasn't helped by the loss of Kalas but the change came before that. I think he is guilty both of over thinking and taking too much account of the opposition. The constant changing must confuse the players as well.

Given past experience I am not confident of improvement but replacing him with somebody who is prepared to live with the same limitations set by the club will not be easy.

3 minutes ago, Yipikiaye said:

This is what happens when you sell your best players and not replace them . I don't understand why so many people are surprised . 

Because people are bias. At the start of the season people on here were saying DaSilva is better than Bryan...

6 minutes ago, Bri Stool City said:

We will get lucky at some stage........ but then SL will employ another just the same as LJ

This has just depressed me because I think you’re spot on , sl will employ another yes man to toe the party line, we’ve been told before the clubs to nice and comfortable for the players no leaders in the squad which lj said we needed last summer , so wot does he do sign no leaders.

O'Driscoll started to change the philosophy but couldn't change our fortunes on the pitch. In comes Coterill who benefits from the good work behind the scenes and gets us playing again. Experienced in getting teams out of League one and we rocket up the table. Promotion. It was then widely agreed he had taken us as far as he could in this division. Then Lee arrives, changes our playing style for the better, gradually improves our league position each year and stabilises us as a championship club. But he can't shake the losing runs.

And if he can't do that, I believe for the first time it's becoming clear that like Cotts before him he's done all he can for us in terms of progress.  Its time he left with our thanks and best wishes and we recruited stronger leadership who can take us that step further. We don't have to have this anyone but LJ attitude, he's done well for us but consistency is what is keeping us from a play off spot, so it's time to bring in someone who can deliver that consistency while we're still a fairly attractive prospect.

26 minutes ago, chinapig said:

I have some sympathy with him as injuries to key players, most recently Kalas, keep undermining him but I no longer have a clue what the plan is.

More importantly, it doesn't look like he does either.

Our best period with him in charge  was when we had countless injuries and he couldn't constantly change personnel.

4 minutes ago, BCFC Grim said:

Our best period with him in charge  was when we had countless injuries and he couldn't constantly change personnel.

Fair comment, he is guilty of over thinking to say the least. The trouble is that losing the likes of Smith and Kalas, as opposed to fringe players, has a disproportionate impact, as Baker proved today for instance.

1 minute ago, chinapig said:

Fair comment, he is guilty of over thinking to say the least. The trouble is that losing the likes of Smith and Kalas, as opposed to fringe players, has a disproportionate impact, as Baker proved today for instance.

Baker can get lost. A liability and a big girl injury wise. I'd give my left ball to take his place, where as he just hobbles around and would miss a game for a nose bleed.

42 minutes ago, Spike said:

I think until we get in a situation where we realistically will be relegated he'll be safe in his job. We're a mid-league team, after losing Flint, Bryan, Reid etc I don't see that changing any time soon. We've brought in a few decent players but at this point this IS Lee Johnsons squad, not just his team, his squad. 
He's had enough time to get in the players he wants and there still doesn't seem to be any solid structure to us.

Consistency is our killer, some weeks we look great, the next we look awful. We're not clinical, we're not creative and we're not intimidating, we're just mediocre with a few flashes of brilliance and that's not enough.

I genuinely hope Lee can turn this around and we can be a team to compete for a play off spot but at this point, I think we just need to aim to finish in the top half of the league. 

I know we can do far worse than Lee Johnson, we've made that point in the past but I would like to believe that we can also do far better. My worst fear is that we remain mediocre for a few more seasons and then have a particularly bad season and end up in a relegation battle at which point finding a manager willing to take us on becomes ar more difficult.

Don't worry , when LJ goes you can put money on Holden and Jamie Mac moving up , probably with Cole Skuse coming in . 

Archived