IGNORED

Yet another winless run

Numero Uno

22 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Consistency is our killer, some weeks we look great, the next we look awful. We're not clinical, we're not creative and we're not intimidating, we're just mediocre with a few flashes of brilliance and that's not enough.

I genuinely hope Lee can turn this around and we can be a team to compete for a play off spot but at this point, I think we just need to aim to finish in the top half of the league. 

Seems like this has been said for a few seasons now and is a recurring theme at least two to three times a year.

29 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Don't worry , when LJ goes you can put money on Holden and Jamie Mac moving up , probably with Cole Skuse coming in . 

Yeah this concerns me too, I mean I thought that a while back it was said "no more jobs for familiar faces" or something to that extent in regards to the club constantly giving jobs to ex players? I'm all for giving someone a promotion if they show more potential than other outside options but let's face it, they generally don't.

43 minutes ago, chinapig said:

Fair comment, he is guilty of over thinking to say the least. The trouble is that losing the likes of Smith and Kalas, as opposed to fringe players, has a disproportionate impact, as Baker proved today for instance.

To be fair....do you think today's result would have been any different with a fit Kalas and Smith? The problem today ...as always....is lack of quality in the final third 

LJ on RB

Thought we played well Blaming the linesman (For the first goal)

Laughable

Truly laughable

No comment about Bakers part

Blame the linesman for the result

Oh and the fact we are a young side

ohhhhhh and it was the third GP game in a week

excuses

Laughable

excuses

Laughable

6 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

To be fair....do you think today's result would have been any different with a fit Kalas and Smith? The problem today ...as always....is lack of quality in the final third 

I agree re the final third but Kalas is a considerable upgrade on Baker and since LJ clearly doesn't trust Walsh we cannot change the midfield regardless of form.

That has a knock effect throughout the team imo.

2 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

LJ on RB

Laughable

Truly laughable

excuses

Laughable

excuses

Laughable

Just wondering what he might have said so thanks Bob.  It’s really  worrying to see the bull excuses starting to come back out - pressure is evidently on again and it seems when that’s the case that he just can’t help but blame everyone but himself.  Why can he not just take it and own it himself. 

3 minutes ago, chinapig said:

I agree re the final third but Kalas is a considerable upgrade on Baker and since LJ clearly doesn't trust Walsh we cannot change the midfield regardless of form.

That has a knock effect throughout the team imo.

Walsh is a tidy player....but no where near ready for this level. Should have been loaned out somewhere like Plymouth this season.

He needs to develop and he isn't going to do that sat in the reserves here 

3 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

LJ on RB

Laughable

Truly laughable

excuses

Laughable

excuses

Laughable

He is usually a lot more honest but if he is going to fall back on Mark Hughes style it was all the officials' fault responses that is an ominous sign that he is beginning to deny reality, the sign of a coach who doesn't know what to do next.

Shades of Cotts' latter days when after every defeat he would insist all was well and we would win the next game.

2 hours ago, Redrascal2 said:

What surprises me is that so many seem to think we are a mid table team. But with performances like today and at Wigan, I struggle to see how we will achieve that. 

Exactly.  We only finished mid table last season because of our great form up to Christmas. Are we likely to have a run like that with the squad we now have? I very much doubt it.

Archived