IGNORED

Today's ref.

marmite

10 minutes ago, marmite said:

Anyone else think he was a bit of a "homer " today. I know their fans did. He seemed to give us everything and we still managed to lose. I cringed at Bakers tackle in their box near the end. Ref didn't even give a free kick!

I cringed when I saw Baker going in for that, thought it had red all over (lunged off the ground to make it?) but he must have timed it to perfection

Yes, we did seem to get a lot of decisions in our favour today. I'm sure there was one foul early on though where I felt he should have given their player a yellow card but didn't.

Regarding the first goal it's difficult to judge offsides from my seat in the South Stand, but nothing made me feel the need to see if the linesman was flagging. Baker should have dealt with it better (Maenpaa looked hesitant too).

4 minutes ago, Mayes86 said:

To be fair to him Wednesday were fouling from the very start, didn’t give him much option than to award free kicks to us.

This. 

Except he shouldve carded a fair few more of them for persistent fouling. 

Best ref ive seen. 

Didnt get much wrong imo. Their fans going mad but their players continually fouling gave him no choice. 

A good ref yet we were still sh1te and still couldnt win!:grr:

If the best LJ can do is blame the ref, then he is more deluded than we think. This was probably the best referee I have seen in the last few seasons at Ashton Gate. Seemed to get everything right and wasn't waving cards all over the place. The Wednesday fans thought he was biased but if their team didn't foul so much then he wouldn't have given as many free kicks against them.

Thought he was fine. Cam recall two he didn’t give them that I would have given but everything else was a foul for them. Think Joao was pushed on the halfway line that i’d have given that led to a shot maybe Pato with a wide one? Then the Baker tackle which could have easily seen red imo. Thought we generally fair and perhaps a bit too nice? Capped off by putting the ball out of play for Bannan who’d already got to his feet afterwards and then just gave collapsing to the floor a go as we were countering. 

On 07/10/2018 at 20:25, Mayes86 said:

To be fair to him Wednesday were fouling from the very start, didn’t give him much option than to award free kicks to us.

Should have been some more cards dished out for persistent fouling. So many of them from behind too... not really dangerously but still from behind...

Archived