IGNORED

Bristol Manor Farm v Slough Town FA Cup Replay : Tuesday 9th Oct (Merged)

bladder

Hi all

Bristol Manor Farm have the biggest game in their history tomorrow night at home to Slough. The winner of which will go to Eastbourne for a place in the FA Cup first round. 

This is already the furthest Manor Farm have ever got in the competition, so it would be great to see as many down there tomorrow. 

Kick off is at 7:45, with decent enough parking in the ground, although if needed there is street parking locally as well. It's 8 quid for adults, 5 for concessions and city/rovers season ticket holders. You also only pay 5 quid if you come by bus or train. Plus it is free for U12s

It will be a great occasion whatever the score, and so if you want to take your mind off what's happening at the Gate for an evening, I'd thoroughly recommend coming along for some proper non league football. 

Manor Farm generally try and play decent football too.

They managed a draw at Slough (2 divisions higher) with six first team players out through suspension or injury. Three of those are back for tomorrow.

Its a very tough game, but with key players back, or in the case of some, back in their preferred positions and home advantage, they definitely have a chance.

36 minutes ago, lenred said:

Went down tonight. Shame about the score - thought MF were the better team until Sluff scored.  Few good players on show. Farm’s Number 10 stood out I thought.  Will be back for sure though, enjoyed it. 

Great to hear you'll be back.

Owen Howe was Farms 10, has about 15 goals already this season and had a 3 game suspension!

12 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Great to hear you'll be back.

Owen Howe was Farms 10, has about 15 goals already this season and had a 3 game suspension!

He was very good I thought. Not sure how old he is but certainly looks like he could / should play at a higher level pretty comfortably and those stats would seem to back that up!  

1 minute ago, lenred said:

Makes sense then. Shame,  but each to their own and you never know people's reasons / story I guess. 

I know nothing about Howe but a guy who sits near me at Gate is a bit of. Manor Farm expert and seeing Howes goals was asking him about him 

He said Poole had put 7 day notice in for him but Howe is not interested 

Sermed to think that Howe happy playing and scoring at MF level whilst not having to comitt to more training etc

2 hours ago, phantom said:

Slough won 4-0

Down to Weston and Bath now? 

How is The Creek now? Last time I was there about 15 years ago remember it getting very soggy in one corner 

The Creek has had its pitch improved a lot over the last 15 years, still one hell of a slope mind.

There are plans for a new stand to be build, not a big one, but the same size as the biggest one already there.

There is also plans to add terracing at one corner, last few times I've been down I have chatted with people involved at the club, they are aiming for Conference South within 5 years.

8 hours ago, lenred said:

Makes sense then. Shame,  but each to their own and you never know people's reasons / story I guess. 

He seems enigmatic - had spells at Bideford and Tiverton and had a great scoring record but fell out with management I think (certainly at Tivvy not sure about Bideford).

Was a Villa schoolboy. I played against him once in local junior football, was streets ahead 

16 hours ago, JamesBCFC said:

My first game watching Bristol Manor Farm was 17 years ago.

Back then if the crowd reached 40 it was a decent one.

Tonights crowd was 541, with a decent sized away following from Slough.

If just 10% of the crowd would come again that would be huge for the club.

Very impressive attendance. Fair play 

18 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

I know nothing about Howe but a guy who sits near me at Gate is a bit of. Manor Farm expert and seeing Howes goals was asking him about him 

He said Poole had put 7 day notice in for him but Howe is not interested 

Sermed to think that Howe happy playing and scoring at MF level whilst not having to comitt to more training etc

It is a strange one this, believe he is from Tiverton and played for them at a young age. He was banging in goals galore for them when he was 19. Was chatting to a couple of non league players about him the other day and there guess as to why he dropped down a level was because of the extra travelling you have to do in Tiverton's league. The players I were talking to certainly believe he is playing below the level he should be.

Archived