IGNORED

Brentford trains and pubs

ScottMurray'srightboot

I'm coming from London so getting tube. Piccadilly line to South Ealing then a 15 min walk to the ground (via the Ealing Park Tavern).

Outside the ground the New Inn is always rammed and will have the early kick off on. The Griffin is also a good Fullers pub on one of the corners with a good mix of home and away and a nice outdoors/smoking area.

1 hour ago, ScottMurray'srightboot said:

Everyone get on the 9am train temple Meads get beered up what's the best pub outside the away end?

We’ll be on the 9am. Best pub is the one to the right of the away end as you walk towards it, can’t temember what it’s called but it’s the one that features in Green Street.

2 minutes ago, BessexRED said:

We’ll be on the 9am. Best pub is the one to the right of the away end as you walk towards it, can’t temember what it’s called but it’s the one that features in Green Street.

royal oak?

7 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Tbh, @Alan Dicks' Barmy Army a lot of pubs are home only and I assume Brentford is no exception.

Hence the pub q at least is a reasonable one IMO- where is good for away fans when it comes to drinking on an away day for this side? Ask on a forum.

They’re all welcoming for home and away fans at Brentford from my experience the last 3 seasons.

17 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Tbh, @Alan Dicks' Barmy Army a lot of pubs are home only and I assume Brentford is no exception.

Hence the pub q at least is a reasonable one IMO- where is good for away fans when it comes to drinking on an away day for this side? Ask on a forum.

16 hours ago, Red7 said:

What's wrong with asking about decent pubs, best places to meet up etc.?

10 hours ago, Aaron-Bcfc said:

They’re all welcoming for home and away fans at Brentford from my experience the last 3 seasons.

The problem I have is the same person asks the same question about trains and pubs before many away games

Do a bit of research !! As @Aaron-Bcfc mentions above Brentford is a very welcoming place, if you have not been there before there are enough websites we the information on  The real problem is why do we feel the need to advertise it on an open forum? We have had games already this season where our normally quiet and hassle free pubs have been flooded by police etc after some wally announces to the world where he is going

14 minutes ago, Alan Dicks' Barmy Army said:

The problem I have is the same person asks the same question about trains and pubs before many away games

Do a bit of research !! As @Aaron-Bcfc mentions above Brentford is a very welcoming place, if you have not been there before there are enough websites we the information on  The real problem is why do we feel the need to advertise it on an open forum? We have had games already this season where our normally quiet and hassle free pubs have been flooded by police etc after some wally announces to the world where he is going

The trains thing, yeah wondered about that too- seems a fairly pointless q.

That's a fair point about the police thing. Brentford I'd suggest is reasonably unrepresentative in that sense- last away day I went to was Millwall, certainly different! Millwall is also a bit of an outlier at the other end of the scale in that away friendly pubs all the way out at London Bridge, but most sides definitely have a fair few home only pubs- we certainly do! The bulk of North Street, the Spanish bar, The Rising Sun, the Robins and of course the 3 Lions- have I missed any others- are clearly home only? One or both of the Miners or Coopers home only?

Split tickets and group save are available on london bound trains

An appeal if you are going by train

and booking up in advance or buying on the day

get your tickets issued FROM parson street to london,this also includes any rail trips you may make from bristol temple meads in the future

even if you don't use the parson street bit

Splits tickets

buy day return  from BTM/BATH/CHIPPENHAM to DIDCOT 

then london travel card from DIDCOT

Only stipulation is the train must call at Didcot

Group save gives you an extra one third off 

If you book up in advance you will get a free  seat reservation 

9 minutes ago, Club and Country said:

Just booking my train now...whats best bet to get to brentford?

As on trainline takes you to reading, then virginia water then brentford?

or head into paddington then back to ealing on underground?

South Ealing is a 15/20 min walk from Griffin Park depending on your pace! On the Piccadilly line though so would require a change from Paddington

• Admin
1 hour ago, Club and Country said:

Just booking my train now...whats best bet to get to brentford?

As on trainline takes you to reading, then virginia water then brentford?

or head into paddington then back to ealing on underground?

All about how well you can walk and what you want to do on the day

If you are ok walking a fair distance and maybe want a pint in London go via Paddington

If you aren't great at walking that far and not worried about a beer etc I'd do the other option

7 hours ago, Alan Dicks' Barmy Army said:

His post is a form of research you belter

3 hours ago, phantom said:

All about how well you can walk and what you want to do on the day

If you are ok walking a fair distance and maybe want a pint in London go via Paddington

If you aren't great at walking that far and not worried about a beer etc I'd do the other option

Head into paddington then back to Ealing I reckon then 

happy days

7 hours ago, Never to the dark side said:

get your tickets issued FROM parson street to london,this also includes any rail trips you may make from bristol temple meads in the future

Splits tickets

I bow to your knowledge John but a London travel card isn't valid out to Didcot is it?  Or am I misunderstanding you?

If like me you don't want to go into London then get off the train at Reading and catch a train to Feltham takes about 1 hour then change and catch the train to Brentford short 10min journey, the football ground is only about 5 minutes walk from Brentford train station, I find going this way to be quicker than going into London,

20 hours ago, Never to the dark side said:

Splits tickets

I don’t think group save applies on trains to Paddington anymore. 

Used it in the past, but when booking up this time, I noticed that was one of the restrictions where you can no longer use it. 

Perhaps it would work BTM - Didcot though, I didn’t check. 

11 minutes ago, Carey 6 said:

Used it in the past, but when booking up this time, I noticed that was one of the restrictions where you can no longer use it. 

Perhaps it would work BTM - Didcot though, I didn’t check. 

groupsave sure does still work...…..ask john

• Admin
3 hours ago, Carey 6 said:

@Carey 6

Groupsave 100% still exists - what may be in place is there is a block on this route on this day

I know stations get a list of dates when certain tickets are not for sale, and would expect this to be the case

Buy online and you are sorted !

(Any problems send me a PM)

image.png

On 08/10/2018 at 16:55, BessexRED said:

On 08/10/2018 at 16:57, Super said:

royal oak?

The Griffin is the pub that was featured in Green Street....

On 10/10/2018 at 04:39, winsaw said:

If like me you don't want to go into London then get off the train at Reading and catch a train to Feltham takes about 1 hour then change and catch the train to Brentford short 10min journey, the football ground is only about 5 minutes walk from Brentford train station, I find going this way to be quicker than going into London,

That’s what we’re doing. Seems easier to me.

On ‎10‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 04:39, winsaw said:

Yes, am doing that, too. Seems like a lot less fannying about.

Archived