IGNORED

Brentford trains and pubs

ScottMurray'srightboot

18 hours ago, harrys said:

The only reason I do Brentford is for the day out in London 

That is a bonus. Went up by cheapie coach a couple of seasons ago then caught the train, proper train not tube from Victoria, changed at Clapham Junction then got another train to Brentford as the station is only a few minutes walk. I think I did this on my Oyster card, I can’t remember. Any London dwellers know if this is covered by Oyster or do I have to buy separate train tickets please as I’m going again?

4 minutes ago, RedM said:

That is a bonus. Went up by cheapie coach a couple of seasons ago then caught the train, proper train not tube from Victoria, changed at Clapham Junction then got another train to Brentford as the station is only a few minutes walk. I think I did this on my Oyster card, I can’t remember. Any London dwellers know if this is covered by Oyster or do I have to buy separate train tickets please as I’m going again?

Yes oyster covers this

On 11/10/2018 at 16:25, Lew-T said:

That’s what we’re doing. Seems easier to me.

Cheaper as well.

On 11/10/2018 at 18:01, harrys said:

The only reason I do Brentford is for the day out in London 

Personally never understood the obsession with the whole “day out in London”. Majority of areas where the football is being played aren’t any nicer than most other towns or cities in the country, and if you’re drinking in a “nice area” beforehand before getting the tube to the football then you’re almost certainly paying upwards of £5 a pint in an area absolutely rammed with tourists.

Best thing about Brentford is the ground itself in my opinion, couple more visits before it’s gone.

If anyone is loves interesting ale and cider.. Then check out the express tavern. It's by Kew Bridge station (one before Brentford) and only a 15min walk. Also does decent food. 

The Griffin is the best pub if you want to go to one on the corner. 

On 08/10/2018 at 16:08, devoncider said:

I'm coming from London so getting tube. Piccadilly line to South Ealing then a 15 min walk to the ground (via the Ealing Park Tavern).

Outside the ground the New Inn is always rammed and will have the early kick off on. The Griffin is also a good Fullers pub on one of the corners with a good mix of home and away and a nice outdoors/smoking area.

I’l be doing the same route on Saturday, and will be going via the Eailing Park Tavern. Will need some refreshment after all that walking......

1 hour ago, ScottMurray'srightboot said:

Let's get to The Griffin pub to the right hand side of the away end nice and early ladies and gents get some booze in us and get a sing song going. Will probably be a better couple of hours in there than the match will be so let's enjoy it

Aye will be there from 11 onwards. Can’t wait.

On 13/10/2018 at 20:15, bcfcbird said:

If anyone is loves interesting ale and cider.. Then check out the express tavern. It's by Kew Bridge station (one before Brentford) and only a 15min walk. Also does decent food. 

The Griffin is the best pub if you want to go to one on the corner. 

Shhh. Don't tell them Bird! No wonder it's going to be busy! ?‍♂️?

Archived