IGNORED

Lets get back to our football

RedBrizzleRobin

Lets be honest, we're crap at trying to play long ball football.  Our long ball tactics are very poor, ineffective and league two standard stuff.  I don't think we have the players to do it well at all, 9/10 times we just give the ball to the opposition and we always seem to look a poor side when we try to play it.  We do play some occasional decent football aswell but these last few games we seem to be using the long ball more and more and look worse for it.

Our run to December last year when we were forced to play mostly 4-5-1, we easily played our best football and I don't think that was a fluke, reminded me of the 07/08 playoff season under GJ when we brought Adebola in, it negatively affected our football going 4-4-2 and playing more hoofball.  Same thing happened on Fammy's return (I guess how do you not play a 5 million pound player?) Honestly think 4-4-2 and hoofball will end in nothing but another defeat at Brentford. Considering Pack's form at the moment he is in deseperate need of help in the middle.

I can see LJ possibly matching up to Brentford in a 4-5-1, my only worry is his tactics using it and his team selection.  Of which I can only see 3 players filling a R or L CM berth.  O'Dowda, Patterson? or Walsh (however I'm more likely to spout lady parts than Walsh start) . LJ can't be blamed for Baker's mistake against Sheff Weds but footballing wise he's starting to take us backwards.  We have looked fairly average the last few games and our style of play has almost completely evaporated that we spent last season building.  We look a shadow of that side right now.

A formation change isn't a magic bullet though especially if you don't employ the correct tactics, which is often why the LJ tombola machine fails when things go pear shaped. Ofcourse and most probable I could be talking bollocks here, either way poor tactics coupled with playing a rigid 4-4-2 is stifling and killing us right now.

LJ has 2 weeks to sort it out before our next game, can't say based on previous history that I'm not concerned.

So, how do you think we stop the rot?

8 hours ago, RedBrizzleRobin said:

Lets be honest, we're crap at trying to play long ball football.  Our long ball tactics are very poor, ineffective and league two standard stuff.  I don't think we have the players to do it well at all, 9/10 times we just give the ball to the opposition and we always seem to look a poor side when we try to play it.  We do play some occasional decent football aswell but these last few games we seem to be using the long ball more and more and look worse for it.

Our run to December last year when we were forced to play mostly 4-5-1, we easily played our best football and I don't think that was a fluke, reminded me of the 07/08 playoff season under GJ when we brought Adebola in, it negatively affected our football going 4-4-2 and playing more hoofball.  Same thing happened on Fammy's return (I guess how do you not play a 5 million pound player?) Honestly think 4-4-2 and hoofball will end in nothing but another defeat at Brentford. Considering Pack's form at the moment he is in deseperate need of help in the middle.

I can see LJ possibly matching up to Brentford in a 4-5-1, my only worry is his tactics using it and his team selection.  Of which I can only see 3 players filling a R or L CM berth.  O'Dowda, Patterson? or Walsh (however I'm more likely to spout lady parts than Walsh start) . LJ can't be blamed for Baker's mistake against Sheff Weds but footballing wise he's starting to take us backwards.  We have looked fairly average the last few games and our style of play has almost completely evaporated that we spent last season building.  We look a shadow of that side right now.

A formation change isn't a magic bullet though especially if you don't employ the correct tactics, which is often why the LJ tombola machine fails when things go pear shaped. Ofcourse and most probable I could be talking bollocks here, either way poor tactics coupled with playing a rigid 4-4-2 is stifling and killing us right now.

LJ has 2 weeks to sort it out before our next game, can't say based on previous history that I'm not concerned.

So, how do you think we stop the rot?

IMG_0419.JPG

"Look we have a new team they need time to gel" " that ref/linesman was rubbish we will get a better one next time" "we was tired and unlucky but we go again next time" " we have had bad injuries, but they will be back soon (please forget the fact that I should have cover for them)" " I paid a lot for Fammy he will save us...soon" "don't forget the window we will fine tune then" "we have a "nice stadium" and we are building for the future" "not saying no more ask my helpers or my dad"

LJ. Bristol Cosy Football Club

3 minutes ago, EmissionImpossible said:

I didn’t see any long ball football against Wednesday. I do think Hegeler should play instead of Baker or shove Kelly CB and Da Silva LB.

Baker seems shot to me, decent defender in there but he’s hiding it really well at the minute.

That would be suicidal at Brentford.

4 hours ago, Shtanley said:

451 vs Brentford. Walsh has to play alongside Brownhill and Pack if we have any hope of keeping the ball.

Watkins and O'dowda on the wings Weimann running around on his own up top.

You really think we will score with that line up??

Archived