Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

daored

Antoine Semenyo

39 minutes ago, MC RISK77 said:

Didn’t he make his debut for us in the last game last season. Came on with about 20mins left and didn’t really touch the ball.

Start him next game then?

52 minutes ago, swanker said:

Start him next game then?

It’s in midfield that we need more options, not up top.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Hmmm 1

54 minutes ago, Robbored said:

It’s in midfield that we need more options, not up top.

We need goals & I'm really not bothered where they come from but I agree with your point.

Couldn't score against Wigan, Rotherham, and could only score from the spot against Wednesday on Sunday. Didnt really create many chances in those games either if my memory serves me correct.

Agreed, we need something in the centre, but it's not as if we're scoring for fun at the moment is it?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Taz said:

Couldn't score against Wigan, Rotherham, and could only score from the spot against Wednesday on Sunday. Didnt really create many chances in those games either if my memory serves me correct.

Agreed, we need something in the centre, but it's not as if we're scoring for fun at the moment is it?

Lack of midfield dynamo has been an issue since KS got injured. 

Unfortunately LJ hasn’t had the opportunity to bring in anyone to fill the void. He obviously doesn’t see Walsh as quite ready to make the step up.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Batman said:

So he, Hinds and McCoulsky can be our Front 3 in a few years time. 

In League one...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

Lack of midfield dynamo has been an issue since KS got injured. 

Lots of posters starting to say this but a certain game aside Korey scores ver infrequently and has virtually no assists.

I know he breaks up play but so does Pack and Brownhill.

I doubt a fit KS would make any difference to our attacking threat right now.

I still think a change in formation (like adding a midfielder and dropping a striker) might have more impact?

3 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

If there's any shred of truth in this story this will be another young player who will leave for peanuts I suspect.

He's under contract though isn't he? I'm sure if United want him then we will demand big money.

2 hours ago, The Batman said:

So he, Hinds and McCoulsky can be our Front 3 in a few years time. 

2 hours ago, Super said:

In League one...

That’s what I call optimism!

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, swanker said:

That’s what I call optimism!

Yep! I did put one not two though.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

He's under contract though isn't he? I'm sure if United want him then we will demand big money.

OK, I imagine a conversation between Semenyo and his agent would go a bit like this ,

" Antoine , Utd are keen on you , they can offer you a fantastic wage , great club facilities and the prestige of being at the richest club in the world . You would be set up my son .

They don't want to spend more than they have to on the transfer fee so we're going to run down your contract at City and if they know what's good for them they'll let you go earlier for a fee that Utd are comfortable with . 

What do you think ? "

That's one of the reasons I don't think we'll get decent money for him unless we get a good sell on fee .

Utd can buy him relatively cheaply, if he comes through to their first team then great for them but they're not going to sweat it . 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

OK, I imagine a conversation between Semenyo and his agent would go a bit like this ,

" Antoine , Utd are keen on you , they can offer you a fantastic wage , great club facilities and the prestige of being at the richest club in the world . You would be set up my son .

They don't want to spend more than they have to on the transfer fee so we're going to run down your contract at City and if they know what's good for them they'll let you go earlier for a fee that Utd are comfortable with . 

What do you think ? "

That's one of the reasons I don't think we'll get decent money for him unless we get a good sell on fee .

Utd can buy him relatively cheaply, if he comes through to their first team then great for them but they're not going to sweat it . 

If that's the case then how do we still have Kelly? Surely he's had prem interest too. 

29 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

What do you think ? "

He’s got about as much chance of playing for Utd and Freddy Hinds has of making in the football league. 

No chance!

4 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

If that's the case then how do we still have Kelly? Surely he's had prem interest too. 

For a start Kelly is a first team regular and an England international at U23 level with a contract that would reflect his status and potential.

Semenyo is ' one for the future ' and his contract won't be as good as Kelly's.

If either want out a tribunal would award a relative pittance for Semenyo but considerably more for LK.

2 minutes ago, swanker said:

He’s got about as much chance of playing for Utd and Freddy Hinds has of making in the football league. 

No chance!

You're saying Freddie Hind's goal against Prem opposition is his pinnacle ? 

2 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

For a start Kelly is a first team regular and an England international at U23 level with a contract that would reflect his status and potential.

If either want out a tribunal would award a relative pittance for Semenyo but considerably more for LK.

It wouldn't go to tribunal would it? I thought Semenyo was on a pro contract.

14 minutes ago, swanker said:

No chance!

I bet you said that about Ralph Milne.

• Thanks 1

Watched him play on Saturday at Forrest Green for Newport. Looked very lively making good runs off the ball into space. Showed a lot of promise. Let’s hppe we can keep hold of him

36 minutes ago, Roger Red Hat said:

You've seen him play?

Put it like this. I don’t think Tammy Abraham will ever be a first choice for Chelsea and I really rate him. 

1 hour ago, JonDolman said:

What I'm trying to highlight is the fact that if we were to sell AS in the January window to Utd we wouldn't get the maximum value for him unlike Kelly who is regularly playing in the first team.

Equally if a player has his head turned then the club are involved in a damage limitation exercise.

Even Chelsea with Hazard singing Real's praises or Utd with Pogba can do very little to combat player power.

17 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

What I'm trying to highlight is the fact that if we were to sell AS in the January window to Utd we wouldn't get the maximum value for him unlike Kelly who is regularly playing in the first team.

Equally if a player has his head turned then the club are involved in a damage limitation exercise.

Even Chelsea with Hazard singing Real's praises or Utd with Pogba can do very little to combat player power.

I'm sure we'd reject a low offer if we rate him highly. It depends on how long his contract is on how strong a position we would be in.

2 hours ago, JonDolman said:

As long as he's under 23 or whatever age it is then it would. Liverpool had to pay tribunal fee for Ings

Not sure if Jose will be around long enough to see the interest through!

19 minutes ago, hodge said:

As long as he's under 23 or whatever age it is then it would. Liverpool had to pay tribunal fee for Ings

If he's out of contract then yes. I assume he is under contract

1 hour ago, JonDolman said:

If he's out of contract then yes. I assume he is under contract

I missed the point Major was trying to make :thumbsup:

3 hours ago, RedRaw said:

Dear oh dear! :facepalm:

At least it explains your username

What has he done, am i missing something. Can you please inform me of his progress?

11 minutes ago, swanker said:

What has he done, am i missing something. Can you please inform me of his progress?

9 minutes ago, swanker said:

Don’t bother toss. I’ve just looked for myself. He’s on loan at Wrexham????

So.....you completely wrote the kid off without actually knowing where he was playing or had any understanding of his progress. WOW.

As you have now been enlightened to the fact, he, along with around 15 other academy prospects, are out on loan at various levels of the football pyramid to further their progression. As an academy, that's what we do as part of the "pathway". Some will make it, some wont.

As an example, Bobby Reid at 19........4 appearances for city and 1 goal. Sent out on loan to Cheltenham and Oldham. 6 years later, sold for £10 million and playing in the premier league

Freddie Hinds at 19.......4 appearances for city and 2 goals. Sent on loan to Cheltenham and Wrexham.........

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, RedRaw said:

So.....you completely wrote the kid off without actually knowing where he was playing or had any understanding of his progress. WOW.

As you have now been enlightened to the fact, he, along with around 15 other academy prospects, are out on loan at various levels of the football pyramid to further their progression. As an academy, that's what we do as part of the "pathway". Some will make it, some wont.

As an example, Bobby Reid at 19........4 appearances for city and 1 goal. Sent out on loan to Cheltenham and Oldham. 6 years later, sold for £10 million and playing in the premier league

Freddie Hinds at 19.......4 appearances for city and 2 goals. Sent on loan to Cheltenham and Wrexham.........

Two words spring to mind in Freddys case then. 

Lead and balloon. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

44 minutes ago, RedRaw said:

Hardly got in squad at Cheltenham and not made squad at all at Wrexham so far. I cannot see how he can develop with these loans to be honest.

9 hours ago, Super said:

I bet you said that about Ralph Milne.

I will have to quote Jimmy Hill on Ralph's first game on match of the day for man red "If you pay peanuts you have to expect a monkey"

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

U20 Major.