IGNORED

Antoine Semenyo

daored

Couldn't score against Wigan, Rotherham, and could only score from the spot against Wednesday on Sunday. Didnt really create many chances in those games either if my memory serves me correct.

Agreed, we need something in the centre, but it's not as if we're scoring for fun at the moment is it?

14 minutes ago, Taz said:

Couldn't score against Wigan, Rotherham, and could only score from the spot against Wednesday on Sunday. Didnt really create many chances in those games either if my memory serves me correct.

Agreed, we need something in the centre, but it's not as if we're scoring for fun at the moment is it?

Lack of midfield dynamo has been an issue since KS got injured. 

Unfortunately LJ hasn’t had the opportunity to bring in anyone to fill the void. He obviously doesn’t see Walsh as quite ready to make the step up.

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

Lack of midfield dynamo has been an issue since KS got injured. 

Lots of posters starting to say this but a certain game aside Korey scores ver infrequently and has virtually no assists.

I know he breaks up play but so does Pack and Brownhill.

I doubt a fit KS would make any difference to our attacking threat right now.

I still think a change in formation (like adding a midfielder and dropping a striker) might have more impact?

14 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

He's under contract though isn't he? I'm sure if United want him then we will demand big money.

OK, I imagine a conversation between Semenyo and his agent would go a bit like this ,

" Antoine , Utd are keen on you , they can offer you a fantastic wage , great club facilities and the prestige of being at the richest club in the world . You would be set up my son .

They don't want to spend more than they have to on the transfer fee so we're going to run down your contract at City and if they know what's good for them they'll let you go earlier for a fee that Utd are comfortable with . 

What do you think ? "

That's one of the reasons I don't think we'll get decent money for him unless we get a good sell on fee .

Utd can buy him relatively cheaply, if he comes through to their first team then great for them but they're not going to sweat it . 

29 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

OK, I imagine a conversation between Semenyo and his agent would go a bit like this ,

" Antoine , Utd are keen on you , they can offer you a fantastic wage , great club facilities and the prestige of being at the richest club in the world . You would be set up my son .

They don't want to spend more than they have to on the transfer fee so we're going to run down your contract at City and if they know what's good for them they'll let you go earlier for a fee that Utd are comfortable with . 

What do you think ? "

That's one of the reasons I don't think we'll get decent money for him unless we get a good sell on fee .

Utd can buy him relatively cheaply, if he comes through to their first team then great for them but they're not going to sweat it . 

He’s got about as much chance of playing for Utd and Freddy Hinds has of making in the football league. 

No chance!

4 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

If that's the case then how do we still have Kelly? Surely he's had prem interest too. 

For a start Kelly is a first team regular and an England international at U23 level with a contract that would reflect his status and potential.

Semenyo is ' one for the future ' and his contract won't be as good as Kelly's.

If either want out a tribunal would award a relative pittance for Semenyo but considerably more for LK.

Archived