IGNORED

A bad run doesn't mean the gaffer has to be lynched

reddogkev

7 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Wasted millions, what the **** are you on about? I am surprised at you, I thought you were one of the people that understood that you can't buy players for £25k anymore. Of course there have been some failures, we have always had some failures, almost always when we have spent more money that was good for us, but we still have a whole raft of players that are worth more now than when we brought them to the club, that hasn't changed just because some of them are out of form. 

To date He’s made a loss , including some extremely substantial ones, on every player he’s signed and then moved on with HM somewhere around par

As for the ones in the current quad , in today’s ever inflating market, it shouldn’t be difficult to buy ,develop and sell at a profit...

We will see

PS Don’t bank on COD who I’d be surprised signs a new contract

6 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Wasted millions, what the **** are you on about? I am surprised at you, I thought you were one of the people that understood that you can't buy players for £25k anymore. Of course there have been some failures, we have always had some failures, almost always when we have spent more money that was good for us, but we still have a whole raft of players that are worth more now than when we brought them to the club, that hasn't changed just because some of them are out of form. 

Could you list the players that are worth more now, genuinely interested , I can’t think of to many.

5 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

To date He’s made a loss , including some extremely substantial ones, on every player he’s signed and then moved on with HM somewhere around par

As for the ones in the current quad , in today’s ever inflating market, it shouldn’t be difficult to buy ,develop and sell at a profit...

We will see

PS Don’t bank on COD who I’d be surprised signs a new contract

Think you’re right with COD , nice big signing on fee and a few quid more , would be very surprised if he’s still with us next season.

3 minutes ago, glen humphries said:

Think you’re right with COD , nice big signing on fee and a few quid more , would be very surprised if he’s still with us next season.

We’d get tribunal comp due to his age but could well be another loss

Not sure how that scenario fits into the plan....

Huddersfield, Brighton, Palace, Fulham, Bournemouth, Wolves and even Cardiff can do it then why cant we? answer = manager and a club with no leadership or currently, ambition. You can add the likes of Watford to that list as well.....really if they can we should at the very least be battling for a top 2 place; All those clubs do have a decent manager, we have a learner who aint learning.

3 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

This was the end of season table

a whole 3 points above a relegation spot

and a whole 3 places by 2 points above where we were when he came in

IIRC we were right in the mire with 7-8 games to go

We survived, Fact ....just

But Fed up with the urban myth that’s been spun about how Johnson performed some sort of miracle by saving us

98AE2B6D-185C-4C08-A194-7CB2CD75C885.png

You’ve had an absolute shocker here Bob. This was the final table in 16/17.

In 15/16, when Johnson came in and replaced Cotterill, we finished in 18th place, 12 points clear of the relegation places on 52 points - comfortably clear of relegation.

If you’re going to talk about urban myths and spin, it’s worth getting your own facts right.

3 minutes ago, Bri Stool City said:

Huddersfield, Brighton, Palace, Fulham, Bournemouth, Wolves and even Cardiff can do it then why cant we? answer = manager and a club with no leadership or currently, ambition. You can add the likes of Watford to that list as well.....really if they can we should at the very least be battling for a top 2 place; All those clubs do have a decent manager, we have a learner who aint learning.

That list of clubs is depressing I’ve been to all of them loads of times and now they’ve all passed us bye.

I stand to be corrected here - can someone list out all the ins and outs and explain how we have made a loss during LJs tenure?

we’ve certainly had some duds, but Reid (£10m), Kodjia (£14m) are big incomes - plus Flint at £8m, Maggers (£2m) that’s quite a lot - has LJ really blown more than £34m?

1 hour ago, glen humphries said:

He hasn’t got to achieve much for you to be happy, he should be just about ok.

Yes he has. The longest unbroken spell at  Championship or above since Alan Dicks. 

That may not mean much to you, but I e seen enough of League 1 (Div 3) in my time to appreciate what we currently have. 

8 hours ago, Alex_BCFC said:

I’m not yet in LJ out camp - however how many times can LJ go through these non-winning runs and look like he has no idea how to turn it around? My worry is he will never learn despite some promising moments. 

As many as he likes as long as we're improving year on year.  Sweet baby Jesus, every team that's not in the top 2 will have a barron spell.

13 minutes ago, bcfcredandwhite said:

Yes he has. The longest unbroken spell at  Championship or above since Alan Dicks. 

That may not mean much to you, but I e seen enough of League 1 (Div 3) in my time to appreciate what we currently have. 

I’ve been watching city for over 30 years mate so I know what I’m seeing at the moment, and it’s not great the footballs poor, would love to see a side like joe Jordan put together first time round, gavin , Smith proper wingers , Shelton , rennie, Taylor and Turner up front that side got you off your seat and didn’t cost a lot, footballs obviously moved on alot since them days but for what lj has spent and the time he’s been given we’re a poor side and have no way of playing, can anyone on here tell me what our style of play is ??

5 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

I’m just amazed you havnt started one of your insightful

Nailed On For Promotion

Nailed On for Play Offs 

Nailed On for........oh

Threads

Tedious ........indeed

Next best thing I guess though

’Gaffer’.   Are you trying to sound like a player ?

Since January, I've come to realise that the club aren't looking for promotion anytime soon, so you won't hear any of those threads from me again for a while.

10 minutes ago, glen humphries said:

I’ve been watching city for over 30 years mate so I know what I’m seeing at the moment, and it’s not great the footballs poor, would love to see a side like joe Jordan put together first time round, gavin , Smith proper wingers , Shelton , rennie, Taylor and Turner up front that side got you off your seat and didn’t cost a lot, footballs obviously moved on alot since them days but for what lj has spent and the time he’s been given we’re a poor side and have no way of playing, can anyone on here tell me what our style of play is ??

Lucky dip

A short musical interlude.

Please read nothing into the title of this song, i'm making no statement either way, it's a nice little ditty from yesteryear, it's rather good, and it does no harm to hear a little music while we mull over the pros and cons regarding our present head coach at BCFC.

Not at all intended to be provocative, honestly

8 hours ago, richwwtk said:

Lee Johnson is widely seen in the football world as one of the most promising young managers out there, and the majority of fans clubs in this division would give their right arm to have him in charge....

I’d love to see real evidence of both those claims....a lot of people outside of Bristol I talk to have never heard of him....

1 hour ago, ChippenhamRed said:

You’ve had an absolute shocker here Bob. This was the final table in 16/17.

In 15/16, when Johnson came in and replaced Cotterill, we finished in 18th place, 12 points clear of the relegation places on 52 points - comfortably clear of relegation.

If you’re going to talk about urban myths and spin, it’s worth getting your own facts right.

You of course absolutely right.....

that table not pretty though

and the right one doesn’t make great viewing either ......

985C855F-22E6-4AAD-B15F-2CBFB16D031F.png

1 hour ago, bcfcredandwhite said:

I stand to be corrected here - can someone list out all the ins and outs and explain how we have made a loss during LJs tenure?

we’ve certainly had some duds, but Reid (£10m), Kodjia (£14m) are big incomes - plus Flint at £8m, Maggers (£2m) that’s quite a lot - has LJ really blown more than £34m?

Flint £8m?! ... £5m to start with rising to £7m subject to certain conditions wasn’t it?

On transfer fees alone we havnt

it would have been a big deficit before the sales in the summer but is now sitting at something like £6million up

Thats good eh......

The problem with that is doesn’t take into account loan fees or signing on fees and in essence we asset stripped in the summer and sold the crown jewels

Not sure bar Kelly potentially what’s left now if we had to raise decent money 

He’s got a long way to go to achieve that....we had a six season unbroken spell in the championship from 2007/08 to 2012/13 - do you think he/we will better that?

1 hour ago, glen humphries said:

That list of clubs is depressing I’ve been to all of them loads of times and now they’ve all passed us bye.

ditto mate and more not mentioned; many proper grounds and watched proper football; Alan Dicks promo winning team had pride, passion and belief in THEIR CLUB, and gave everything for it, this lot are only here for one thing and its none of the for-mentioned.

We, as the last xmas window proved are not setting any sort of height to reach at all and seem happy just to plod, we have got lucky a few times this season to put us in our current elevated position; reality is going to hit a few on here sometime pretty soon now.

2 hours ago, IAmNick said:

@reddogkev, author of such threads so far this season as "Lee Johnson, stay for life!" after 3 wins, and "This team is good enough for promotion" after 4 wins, talking about how annoying it is when people make knee jerk reactions after changes in City's form... really?! :facepalm:

Don’t forget this classic.... 

1 hour ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

He’s got a long way to go to achieve that....we had a six season unbroken spell in the championship from 2007/08 to 2012/13 - do you think he/we will better that?

That’s 5 seasons - and multiple managers: GJ, Millen, Delboy and SoD, but I do concede that this is only our 4th so I was wrong. 

Archived