IGNORED

Reading away SOLD OUT - Ticket Requests (Merged)

forbespm

Hate going there. Worst away day going, which is a shame considering how close it is. 

No pubs, no atmosphere, crap stewards, horrible atmosphere every time I've been there between city fans arguing over standing. 

Advice if you have kids don't take them !! 

4 minutes ago, Spoons said:

Hate going there. Worst away day going, which is a shame considering how close it is. 

No pubs, no atmosphere, crap stewards, horrible atmosphere every time I've been there between city fans arguing over standing. 

It's an odd one reading. One of my favourite away days was there 08/09 2-0 win. 

Since then however its always been flat and we rarely win, not going this year saving for Leeds instead

• Admin
3 hours ago, Spoons said:

Agree, it is such a ball ache of an away game considering how close it is

2 hours ago, Super said:

probably our fault as we parked in the big car park not far from the ground. Won't be doing that again.

i have parked just off the motorway in the carpark 3rd exit on the 1st roundabout and am away in minutes albeit a 10 walk back to the car

8 hours ago, Spoons said:

My worst ever away day.

Got a lift down... Got stuck in traffic so took near on 4 hours to get there and then had to queue in the rain to collect my ticket meaning i missed the first 15-20 mins. 

Watched an awful game which we lost 1-0 to a last minute goal. 

Raced to the station as had to get the train home... Assumed id be able to buy something to read and some beer for the journey in the station. Turns out i couldn't as everything was shut, my phone battery then died and the shop on the train wasn't open either. So for a delayed train journey of 3 1/2 hours back to manchester i had nothing to do but stare out the window and dwell on the game.

I've had my fair share of shit awaydays but just for the sheer boredom this one tops the list. I wont be going again anytime soon.

A few of us always do Reading, few beers in Bath, get put in that pub next to the station in Reading which is Ok, bus to ground and back, never had any problem doing a pub crawl after the game for a few hours in the town, back on the train by 9pm. The football quite often spoils the day tho !!!

34 minutes ago, weepywall said:

A few of us always do Reading, few beers in Bath, get put in that pub next to the station in Reading which is Ok, bus to ground and back, never had any problem doing a pub crawl after the game for a few hours in the town, back on the train by 9pm. The football quite often spoils the day tho !!!

This, few of us always go up, good pub crawl after the game in town. Lots of city year before last. 

11 hours ago, Spoons said:

I will be trying to get tickets in the family section for my son's aged 6 and 8.not many available though

21 hours ago, Spoons said:

If you look into it a little bit more, Reading can be a decent away day. 

I cant remember the name of the pub, sorry, but we’ve taken a mini bus load up a few times, parked at a great little pub about 5 mins taxi ride from the ground.

I agree that around the ground is rubbish, but it can be made into a decent trip. 

This is the day of my birthday. Don’t suppose anyone who isn’t going fancies lending me their forever Bristol/season card numbers? I’ve a few mates heading back from the states and don’t wish to risk general sale. Happy to make donations to children’s hospice as a thank you.

21 hours ago, forbespm said:

When do the reading tickets go on sale.Should be a sell out

Reading away...

Never been on one of these reading trips, thinking about it though. 

Have we ever discovered any decent new libraries on these away days? 

I mostly do reading at home....   Maybe I should turn over another leaf, start a new chapter and book it …

( Soz,  :fastasleep: ..I'll just stand here in the corner for a bit then ok )  

Archived