IGNORED

Reading away SOLD OUT - Ticket Requests (Merged)

forbespm

22 hours ago, Spoons said:

Hate going there. Worst away day going, which is a shame considering how close it is. 

No pubs, no atmosphere, crap stewards, horrible atmosphere every time I've been there between city fans arguing over standing. 

Advice if you have kids don't take them !! 

We had a wonderful match there during the playoff final season.

Had an e mail today from reading football officer, unfortunately the big stand that did hold up to 4400 away fans has now been effectively split in half and therefore the allocation is 2200.

i have asked if there is scope for anymore but not hopeful. 

Will keep you updated if there is any news 

Their ground is half empty these days, so no idea why they'd move home fans into that stand. Plenty of clubs in the Champ would take more than 2200 there this season if they could. You're all right though - it's a crap away day at a soulless generic bowl of a ground. Unfortunately, I always feel obliged to attend as i only live 15 mins down the road ?

6 minutes ago, Dingbat said:

Their ground is half empty these days, so no idea why they'd move home fans into that stand. Plenty of clubs in the Champ would take more than 2200 there this season if they could. You're all right though - it's a crap away day at a soulless generic bowl of a ground. Unfortunately, I always feel obliged to attend as i only live 15 mins down the road ?

Reading fans got fed up of large away followings making all the noise and giving them an advantage.

no different to people on here moaning we gave villa too many tickets. 

5 minutes ago, AshtonPark said:

Reading fans got fed up of large away followings making all the noise and giving them an advantage.

no different to people on here moaning we gave villa too many tickets

Did many moan? I would rather have a full ground than a half empty one.

• Admin
5 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Read online their max away allocation on offer is 2,327.

2,159 our allocation- why the shortfall/discrepancy @JulieH @Matt Parsons BCFCSLO ?

2 minutes ago, JulieH said:

Probably segregation needing to be a little wider as it is likely to be a sold out away end .

I can ask the question to clarify but that is normally why in these circumstances. 

Matt previously answered about another away game, the total number includes those that are given to players families and club members etc, the second number is how many make it onto sale

26 minutes ago, JulieH said:

Probably segregation needing to be a little wider as it is likely to be a sold out away end .

I can ask the question to clarify but that is normally why in these circumstances. 

23 minutes ago, phantom said:

Matt previously answered about another away game, the total number includes those that are given to players families and club members etc, the second number is how many make it onto sale

Thank you- that'll be why then!

• Admin
41 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Weird that cutting says it was on a Thursday - it was definitely Friday 23 March...

Looking at the time as well, I reckon this was when the page was created probably with team news the day before, then the writer just edited the page and still shows the original timing 

On 09/10/2018 at 12:31, Redmycolour said:

Been there twice, lost both times, hostile atmosphere, city fans won't sit down, always arguing with stewards, give it a miss me thinks, go to  Bridgwater Carnival  instead, 

City fans can stand if they want to in away ends, just like every other decent sized club do. If you want to sit go to the front for **** sake.

2 hours ago, Dingbat said:

They've done it to try and regain their home advantage -  too many away fans - and to have home fans behind both goals, which prevents their team having to play towards a sea of hostile away fans for half each of home game. 

Reading fans clearly didn't like the previous set up and it seems their club, like others similarly affected, has listened to them.

The required allocation for away fans in the Championship is 2k. and clubs that go far beyond that are putting money before their home advantage.

Good for Reading imo., and I'd like to see AG following suit. 2k is plenty to create an atmosphere without allowing the away fans to overly affect proceedings.

1 hour ago, BessexRED said:

City fans can stand if they want to in away ends, just like every other decent sized club do. If you want to sit go to the front for **** sake.

That doesn't normally work out that way as my last trip to reading proved unfortunately. I was 6 rows from the back and some grumpy old gits behind me told me to sit down. For that reason I shan't go back to reading again. Mind you I will miss the nagheads pub which had some nice ciders and a bus to the ground just outside.

12 minutes ago, Threshing Red said:

That doesn't normally work out that way as my last trip to reading proved unfortunately. I was 6 rows from the back and some grumpy old gits behind me told me to sit down. For that reason I shan't go back to reading again. Mind you I will miss the nagheads pub which had some nice ciders and a bus to the ground just outside.

You're not wrong- my example isn't Reading however.

Was at Millwall away in April- and despite being a few rows from the top of the block most around inc. behind me sat down! Very frustrating, thought near the top of a stand away at Millwall in a crucial game we'd all be stood!

8 minutes ago, Threshing Red said:

Should’ve told them where to shove it mate.

Archived