IGNORED

Reading away SOLD OUT - Ticket Requests (Merged)

forbespm

10 minutes ago, The Chaplain said:

is it sold out?

Yes.

Ed Lewis

Ed Lewis writes

Posted Friday, October 19th 2018 @EdLewisBCFC

Tickets sold out for Reading away

Friday, October 19th 2018

City will be backed by a sold out away end at Reading's Madejski Stadium next month.

Lee Johnson’s side travel to Berkshire on Saturday, November 3rd (3pm) and the club's full allocation of 2,159 tickets have been snapped up.

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/tickets-sold-out-for-reading-away/

45 minutes ago, Cider-Head23 said:

Reading's main problem is their home fans are awful, so a big away following will more than likely seem even louder.

Where as I'd imagine although Leeds had 7 thousand at Ewood Park on Saturday, I bet the home crowd were right behind Rovers throughout. 

A cryptic reference perhaps?

Simple reason- we tend to restrict away allocations, marginal gains- what's good for the goose etc.

Concentrated big followings of away fans given most tend to stand, when you stand singing is more natural- it all adds up to away fans generally outsinging home fans.

On the other hand though, I would prefer away allocations to be big as a general rule- across the board I mean, good for the game perhaps.

4 hours ago, Never to the dark side said:

We took over 4,000 city fans to one of the Reading away games.

2,000 extra City fans equates to £50,000 at 25 pounds a ticket.

Don't buy this argument that too many away fans does not help the home team

Well it didn't when 7,000 Leeds fans went to Blackburn last week 

7,700 to be exact, fantastic following considering it was on Sky, oh well, 10,000 empty seats at the Majedski

5 hours ago, Never to the dark side said:

We took over 4,000 city fans to one of the Reading away games.

2,000 extra City fans equates to £50,000 at 25 pounds a ticket.

Don't buy this argument that too many away fans does not help the home team

Well it didn't when 7,000 Leeds fans went to Blackburn last week 

Presumably you'd be happy with us giving the whole Atyeo to away fans?

More money- potentially a big, vocal away following spurs on the home fans more and the atmosphere as a whole rises.

Can't have it both ways...

Even with a sold out away end of 2,200 there will likely be less than 15k in a ground of 24k. If you bought tickets in the home areas and were sensible with colours and not being too obvious, Reading is the kind of place where you could find yourself your own few rows of seats and not be in the least bit conspicuous. 

On 20/10/2018 at 09:29, Tinmans Love Child said:

Completely agree 100%!  We have a ground of 27k, what’s the point of building it if we are going to limit the away end by 2k for the majority of games to so say not give an advantage to opposition by letting them have 4K away fans compared to our potential 23k home fans?  If 23k home fans can’t outsing 4K away fans that’s the real problem

As if we fill the ground over 25k for a certain amount of time the club needs to pay for resident parking 

11 hours ago, Loosey Boy said:

There’s always the home ends! Be plenty of space afterall! ?

10 hours ago, Redminster said:

Even with a sold out away end of 2,200 there will likely be less than 15k in a ground of 24k. If you bought tickets in the home areas and were sensible with colours and not being too obvious, Reading is the kind of place where you could find yourself your own few rows of seats and not be in the least bit conspicuous. 

This, 8 of us going up without tickets hoping to get in on the door if we make it that far. 

On 23/10/2018 at 22:18, Redminster said:

Exactly, I've tucked myself away in one of the corners, not sure about sitting my hands though, how do you ask for coffee in Berkshire-speak?

Archived