IGNORED

Reading away SOLD OUT - Ticket Requests (Merged)

forbespm

Could have been the first season Reading started playing at the Madjeski and possibly the first game of the season. Gerard Lavin hoofed the ball into the Reading crowd full tilt. I think he broke a kids wrist. It didn’t do much for the atmosphere around the ground but hell of an atmosphere in the bar under the away end before the match. I think there were inflatable hammers bashing people around the head. 

3 hours ago, Threshing Red said:

That doesn't normally work out that way as my last trip to reading proved unfortunately. I was 6 rows from the back and some grumpy old gits behind me told me to sit down. For that reason I shan't go back to reading again. Mind you I will miss the nagheads pub which had some nice ciders and a bus to the ground just outside.

Same reason I didn’t go to Reading last year. Away end the year before was absolutely pathetic, second row from the back and everyone sat down, couldn’t get across to standers on the other side because the away end is split in 2 so ended up on the stairs with a few others.

That being said, I’m gonna go this year and hopefully the reduced allocation will lead to a livelier away end.

11 hours ago, Aaron-Bcfc said:

Same reason I didn’t go to Reading last year. Away end the year before was absolutely pathetic, second row from the back and everyone sat down, couldn’t get across to standers on the other side because the away end is split in 2 so ended up on the stairs with a few others.

That being said, I’m gonna go this year and hopefully the reduced allocation will lead to a livelier away end.

That sounds familiar from some other games tbh- still a shock though.

Can understand sitting from halfway or a third of the way down a stand, but second row from the back and everyone sat?? Thought part of the whole idea of going right up the top or as near as you can get, is to stand and sing etc.

11 hours ago, swanker said:

Great day out that was. One game Terry Cooper joined us fans on the terraces because we were having such a good time. 

Those were the days!

Some day that was, made front page on some tabloids on the Monday, few City put away for that one, those were the days indeed ???

5 hours ago, Diddlydonkey said:

If anyone was able to get me another two tickets for this I’ll happily throw a bit of extra money to a charity of your choice. Shout out to @TETBURY MASSIVE who has been a gentleman and sorted a few already. I’ve got friends over from the states for my birthday or wouldn’t be so needy.

How many mate? 

Edit — ffs I just reread it, sorry I was half reading it a minute ago as was multi-tasking. I’ll drop you a PM.

12 hours ago, Diddlydonkey said:

If anyone was able to get me another two tickets for this I’ll happily throw a bit of extra money to a charity of your choice. Shout out to @TETBURY MASSIVE who has been a gentleman and sorted a few already. I’ve got friends over from the states for my birthday or wouldn’t be so needy.

Hi mate, drop me a message and I'll sort you out a couple, got a couple of st holders not going to this one. 

1 hour ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Probably! All these letters and numbers though.....S82, Y26....is this the new trend?! Even your forum username strikes fear...

This is true. I don't usually follow trends so I'm not so sure on that one.

I previously had a more substantial name but after around 6/7 years away from the forum I of course lost all recollection of the former account details.

Archived