IGNORED

Change Of Ownership

Super

1 minute ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Maybe !

‘ Give the lad Lee a chance Steve, such a polite young man’

Well it was an irrational choice not supported by a track record or any achievements but entirely based on emotion........so clearly a female decision! 

One thing I did notice.

I took a look not only at Bristol City FC on Companies House, but also Bristol City Holdings and Ashton Gate Limited.

The latter had an interesting note- Ashton Gate Limited I'm referring to.

"09 Oct 2018 Cessation of Bristol City Holdings Limited as a person with significant control on 1 June 2018."

Now the Lansdowns (well SL) ultimately owned it in any case because of Bristol City Holdings but I wonder if this makes any difference.

44 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

One thing I did notice.

I took a look not only at Bristol City FC on Companies House, but also Bristol City Holdings and Ashton Gate Limited.

The latter had an interesting note- Ashton Gate Limited I'm referring to.

"09 Oct 2018 Cessation of Bristol City Holdings Limited as a person with significant control on 1 June 2018."

Now the Lansdowns (well SL) ultimately owned it in any case because of Bristol City Holdings but I wonder if this makes any difference.

So what does that translate as?

There's no longer a person who owns a majority of shares ie 51% or more?

Guess it would make sense if he's given JL a piece of the pie. Mostly likely to be SL's successor.

Not really a change of ownership.  Pula Sport Limited seems to have been taken out of the mix which just removes a layer and makes things simpler as Pula was a Guernsey company.

Bristol City Football Club is still owned 75%+ by Bristol City Holdings.  As @ExiledAjax mentioned they've just added to the register of persons with significant control to reflect that SL and ML ultimately have that control via Bristol City Holdings.

SL and ML are also now listed as directly controlling Bristol Sport Limited, Ashton Gate Limited and Bristol Rugby Limited.

The only real change is that Bristol City Holdings is not listed as having any control over Ashton Gate Limited.  If there is any move to sell shares in the stadium company I'd be worried.  It will be interesting to see what was done when the accounts are published, as there was a £20m loan owed to Pula from SL's investment in the stadium.

To my (very untrained) eye it just looks like some tidying up has been done.

9 hours ago, Nibor said:

To my (very untrained) eye it just looks like some tidying up has been done

This is what I was getting at.

Although, whoever it is that has done it needs to check their filings as we currently have a declaration that SL owns 25-50%, ML owns 25-50% and Bristol City Holdings owns >75% of the shares.  Explicitly of the shares.

39 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

This is what I was getting at.

Although, whoever it is that has done it needs to check their filings as we currently have a declaration that SL owns 25-50%, ML owns 25-50% and Bristol City Holdings owns >75% of the shares.  Explicitly of the shares.

Not sure that isn't deliberate, I vaguely recall something about having to do this when someone has significant control of the entity that has significant control.  Bureaucracy is ace.

3 hours ago, Nibor said:

Not sure that isn't deliberate, I vaguely recall something about having to do this when someone has significant control of the entity that has significant control.  Bureaucracy is ace.

Yes, you do, the PSC regime has that element of "looking through" the corporate structure of a group of companies.  However, there are different statements to use in that case.  You wouldn't say that the have ownership of the shares, you'd say they have ownership of the voting rights perhaps - I have no idea how voting rights are attributed amongst the (presumed) different share classes.

Archived