IGNORED

What amazing gesture

healeyred

2 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I wonder how many other PL footballers do the same kind of thing but it never gets reported?

Loads.

The mother of my other half worked at Alder Hay hospital for years, and a now Rangers manager and some bloke who used to be bald went in most days to see the kids, without out any publicity at all. They'd spend hours with the kids because they wanted to, rather than doing it for press coverage. 

They are just two of a number of high profile names from their then respective clubs who went out of their way to try and do a little something for the kids and families.

3 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I wonder how many other PL footballers do the same kind of thing but it never gets reported?

I don’t think you need to add the ‘PL’. I’m sure many footballers do things in their communities, just as ‘normal’ people do. People might not be able to provide signed shirts etc but they give up something even more precious, their time.

Fair play to Joe though, places like the CHSW ‘get’ to you emotionally and he won’t forget them. There is a huge friendship between them and some of our players formed over the years, I have often seen our players/playing staff and a CHSW staff member at Bristol Bears games for example. 

21 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I'm sure plenty do and fair play to them as well. I'm also sure Joe Bryan didn't do this for publicity either. I wouldn't imagine he was expecting it to be tweeted by the Hospice, but it's nice that they did.

The only reason anyone at all has picked up on it here is because of his City connections.

38 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Rubbish, 119 . 

Sadly, and to be serious for a moment, the actual figure doesn't matter because it will only take one of the minority of idiots to appear in the tabloids to smear the reputations of all the rest in the eyes of the general public.

Archived