IGNORED

Away Programmes Wanted

spyder66

I am looking for copies of the following away programmes, in great condition (i.e. no folds, marks or writing).  I am willing to pay £5 for each programme if anyone has a copy they are willing to part with. If you are local to Bristol, then I am more than willing to collect, or I will pay postage if collection is not possible.

3.3.15 Leyton Orient (a), League One

16.9.14 Port Vale (a), League One

11.2.14 Leyton Orient (a), League One - The original fixture on 1.1.14 was postponed, so I’m not sure if a new programme with the later date was produced, or they just used the original from the earlier date. If they used the original programme, I would like to know if there was also any kind of update sheet inserted.

17.4.10 Scunthorpe United (a), League Championship

2.4.96 Hull City (a), League Division 2 - The original fixture on 27.1.96 was postponed.  I have a programme from the original date, so it’s possible that they just issued the original programme on the rescheduled date, but I would like to know if they also included an insert.  If so I’m looking for the insert.

12.11.83 Darlington (a), League Division Four

14.8.82 Exeter City (a), Football League Trophy, Group Match

21.4.82 Chester (a), League Division Three - The original fixture on 18.12.81 was postponed. I have a programme from the original date, so it’s possible that they just issued the original programme on the rescheduled date, but I would like to know if they also included an insert.  If so I’m looking for the insert.

26 minutes ago, Winterstokeone said:

Think I may have a spare Exeter one from 82, good luck with the port vale one as its only one missing last 40 odd years and Mike has a few of us from the collectors club who missed that one.

will look when I'm back from my holidays 

If you have an Exeter copy, that would be great.  Didn't realise the Port Vale was so scarce, especially being a more recent programme.  I'll wait on you to contact me after your holidays.  Thanks.

2 hours ago, Winterstokeone said:

Think I may have a spare Exeter one from 82, good luck with the port vale one as its only one missing last 40 odd years and Mike has a few of us from the collectors club who missed that one.

Might be an obvious question, but has anyone asked on the Port Vale forum ? Someone is sure to have one they don't need.

• Admin

17 hours ago, phantom said:

@phantomThanks for that, but no way for me to tell if the Chester programme is dated 18.12.81 or 21.4.82.  My guess is that there was only a single programme produced for the original date, which I already have.  If anyone knows if a programme with the rescheduled date exists, I would love to know.

19 hours ago, The Horse With No Name said:

Might be an obvious question, but has anyone asked on the Port Vale forum ? Someone is sure to have one they don't need.

I did send an email to the Port Vale Supporters club yesterday, but I haven't had any response back.  I'll try again in a few days.

2 hours ago, Never to the dark side said:

This is from someone who collects programme.

He has NOT got the Darlington one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

exeter one he has a four page programme

which he can copy off for you

chester re-arranged game he does NOT  have one  

Thanks. I’ve been looking for the Darlington one for a couple of years on EBay, and I haven’t come across a copy as of yet. Exeter, I would like to find an original copy if possible, again I haven’t seen one come up on EBay. I’m beginning to think the original Chester was issued on the rescheduled date, most likely with no insert as I’ve come across numerous EBay listings, but no insert.  Same with the Hull game, unless the person you know can confirm otherwise. 

On 10/10/2018 at 10:05, Winterstokeone said:

@WinterstokeoneAny chance you are back from holiday, and can have a look for this one?  I still have not located a copy yet.  Thanks.

I guess perseverance does pay off.  I finally have a copy of the Port Vale away played on 16.9.2014, thanks in part to the Port Vale supporters club.  Although they did not have any copies, neither did the football club or the publisher, the supporters club ended up putting a piece in the matchday programme against Notts County played on 3.11.  This in itself did not lead to any success, but I ordered a copy of the Notts County programme from someone on Ebay to see what they had written in the programme, and I asked the same seller if he had any copies of the City game, and by chance he did!!

20140916_PV_BC-360.jpg.dfae29967c05c80c7df6f841c6f760e2.jpg

Archived