IGNORED

Something interesting about Eddie Shoestring

phantom

2 hours ago, Mike Hunt-Hertz said:

Wasn't one episode filmed at Severn Beach?

I have a vague memory of it, my mum used to watch it and point out bit of Bristol. I remember a very steep set of steps between the Wells Road and the Bath Road in Totterdown being featured several times, I remember them as I knew them.  Would be interesting to watch again. Didn’t he live on a houseboat in the docks and work in a local radio station.

It would probably be how Casuality used to be edited though, one minute you are driving over the Suspension Bridge, turn the corner and you were at Temple Meads :laugh:

5 hours ago, WhistleHappy said:

Shoestrings ..'Radio West studio'

(set in Bristol Harbourside - before it was known as that, prob just 'the docks' back then, in Watershed or 'Spoons location)    

PS.. Wasn't there once a real radio station with similar name located thereabouts too?

Yes there was a Radio West, I always thought they nicked the name from Eddie. 

10 minutes ago, RedM said:

Yes there was a Radio West, I always thought they nicked the name from Eddie. 

….no point wasting money on creating a corporate profile when a free one was readily available I guess. Specially if you have to work with a budget that more than likely is on a, ...erm, ….shoestring.    

On 10/10/2018 at 17:03, WhistleHappy said:

Shoestrings ..'Radio West studio'

(set in Bristol Harbourside - before it was known as that, prob just 'the docks' back then, in Watershed or 'Spoons location)    

PS.. Wasn't there once a real radio station with similar name located thereabouts too?

It was Welsh Back...................                   he .used to go on the old Lightship quite often.

10 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

I dont think i ever missed an episode of shoestring, though I was unaware of the Bergerac connection.

I also lived next door to redland police station where Softly Softly (The BBC's version of Z Cars) was filmed.  We would regularly see Stratford Johns and Frank Windsor sat outside drinking coffee on our way to school.

….didn't realise the Bristol connection with Softly Softly, remember watching it but was maybe bit young. Learn something everyday as they say! 

Archived