IGNORED

Fifa 19

SecretSam

5 hours ago, DaveF said:

Used to love FIFA but Pro Evo has really over taken it in terms of match play in the last few years unfortunately.

Blackout on Black Ops 4 and Red Dead 2 do look amazing, looking forward to wasting a few hours on those.

3 hours ago, Up The City! said:

No, it certainly hasn't and never will.

There's not even a debate now imo, if you play Pro Evo for a while you'll see it is far, far better than FIFA in terms of gameplay. The match is far more realistic and you don't actually have to score the same 2 or 3 types of goals as you do in FIFA.

Unfortunately, the Master League needs a complete revamp, and without the licenses it's just nowhere near as immersive, so it doesn't compare in that sense to the likes of Ultimate Team.

6 hours ago, Up The City! said:

Also forgot to mention, do you have timed finishing turned on? I switched it off in the settings as it's a needless setting imo.

Thanks for that just saved my controller going though the TV.

Just beat Fulham 3-0 Carabao cup.

Anyone else get formation changing mid game

1 hour ago, Ciderhead433 said:

Thanks for that just saved my controller going though the TV.

Just beat Fulham 3-0 Carabao cup.

Anyone else get formation changing mid game

Do you change the formation for each level of attacking/depending? You need to set the formation for each of the 5 ultra defensive, defensive, balanced, attacking, ultra attacking. If you only changed balanced it will revert back to standard if you change mid match. 

Honestly, there's a large group of people who just miss playing the game for it being just a game. A bit fed up with how much of a grind and a pay-to-win system sports games are now as eSports become priority and we become more isolated.

I don't own FIFA 19 because of this. They don't care about people having fun anymore, it's about eSports and the rest of us can just have basic squad updates and nothing else. 

7 hours ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Does anyone here play FUT to a high online level? i.e what would have been D1 competing/winning in the old FUT seasons mode or elite weekend league level?

I was pretty much at that level on 18, the 1st year I've reached those heights. It was pretty tough doing 40 games each and every weekend. 

Currently I'm stuck in Div 5, can't go up and can't go down, the standard in Div 5 is similar to div1 and the WL last year. It's insane for Div 5. I have a feeling a lot of div 1 players are choosing to be in div 5 to pick up the easy coins/packs.

1 hour ago, TBW said:

Honestly, there's a large group of people who just miss playing the game for it being just a game. A bit fed up with how much of a grind and a pay-to-win system sports games are now as eSports become priority and we become more isolated.

I don't own FIFA 19 because of this. They don't care about people having fun anymore, it's about eSports and the rest of us can just have basic squad updates and nothing else. 

FIFA will never truly be a proper eSport simply because it relies heavily upon the AI, unfortunately the AI wins and losses you games. 

This year I have spent zero real pounds, I've not pulled anything decent in the Championship packs or my loyalty packs and that's why I'm refusing to spend any real money this year. However so far I have 2 85 rated teams that cost 300k each which just goes to show you can have a more than just a basic team. The last few years EA have introduced the weekend league, squad battles and now division rivals, there is 3 opportunities right there to earn yourself a good amount of coins based on your own skill. Last year I was making a million a month simply from the weekend league so one would say they have moved away from the pay to win system by giving players the opportunity to earn their own coins.

17 hours ago, OddBallJim said:

I'm going to guess FIFA 10 or 11?

The soundtrack on FIFA Street is immense (oh that's another thing - music during games rather than the monotonous tones of Clive Tydsley and Alan Smith! What a blessing!) 

Given enough time for people to have had a go.

You were very close, it was FIFA 09.

6 minutes ago, 1bristolcity said:

This is a football forum, where is the connection with gaming?

Mods can we move this to non football chat or whatever suits?   

Connection to football...? I don't know what connection could a game about football have to the sport?????

11 hours ago, nebristolred said:

There's not even a debate now imo, if you play Pro Evo for a while you'll see it is far, far better than FIFA in terms of gameplay. The match is far more realistic and you don't actually have to score the same 2 or 3 types of goals as you do in FIFA.

Unfortunately, the Master League needs a complete revamp, and without the licenses it's just nowhere near as immersive, so it doesn't compare in that sense to the likes of Ultimate Team.

Completely agree. Fifa has a lot more polish and outside of the matches it is a far superior product, but for me where it matters most is on the pitch and Pro Evo wins by a long way there.

11 hours ago, hodge said:

Do you change the formation for each level of attacking/depending? You need to set the formation for each of the 5 ultra defensive, defensive, balanced, attacking, ultra attacking. If you only changed balanced it will revert back to standard if you change mid match. 

Ok thanks for that

16 hours ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Does anyone here play FUT to a high online level? i.e what would have been D1 competing/winning in the old FUT seasons mode or elite weekend league level?

Almost. I was in D2 for the most of FIFA 18, never reached Elite in FUT Champs though. Didn't have the time/patience to play 40 games every weekend (especially how it played sometimes...) so I ended up just picking a month to have a crack at FUT Champs, did 3 full months but was only hitting between 20-25 wins out of the 40 each week. I was a bit like City to be fair, win streaks followed by losing streaks.  

This time round I haven't had a proper go at it. I stupidly did my placing games for Rivals with a Silver team (mostly City + Dwight Gayle) and only placed in Division 5. I've played about 15 games and they've all been pretty tough,, I'm already seeing almost full Icon teams which is mental for this stage of the game and Div 5 - especially as someone who refuses to put money into it. Getting there with the shooting, at first I found myself losing/drawing games where I'd be having 20+ shots which is just ridiculous. 

I haven't really took the time to figure out how the promotions/relegations work in Rivals yet but there doesn't seem to be too much movement based on the games I've played so far, very slowly creeping up. 

4 hours ago, MC26 said:

Almost. I was in D2 for the most of FIFA 18, never reached Elite in FUT Champs though. Didn't have the time/patience to play 40 games every weekend (especially how it played sometimes...) so I ended up just picking a month to have a crack at FUT Champs, did 3 full months but was only hitting between 20-25 wins out of the 40 each week. I was a bit like City to be fair, win streaks followed by losing streaks.  

This time round I haven't had a proper go at it. I stupidly did my placing games for Rivals with a Silver team (mostly City + Dwight Gayle) and only placed in Division 5. I've played about 15 games and they've all been pretty tough,, I'm already seeing almost full Icon teams which is mental for this stage of the game and Div 5 - especially as someone who refuses to put money into it. Getting there with the shooting, at first I found myself losing/drawing games where I'd be having 20+ shots which is just ridiculous. 

I haven't really took the time to figure out how the promotions/relegations work in Rivals yet but there doesn't seem to be too much movement based on the games I've played so far, very slowly creeping up. 

The concept around rivals is that you should be matched with someone of a similar skill level, however the division 1 players are choosing to be in div 5 to pick up the easy decent prizes. The only way they will stop this is by making division 1 rewards better. 

I've been in division 5 for a week now, I hit 30k points in the rankings but getting promoted or relegated seems impossible. I'm staying around the 1300 mark in skill points simply because the level of opposition I am coming up against, it's ridiculous. 

I made the same mistake as you, I used a shitty team for my ranking games and each and every game I came up against people using all the loan players, maybe I should have done that but I kinda felt like that would be cheating.

51 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

The concept around rivals is that you should be matched with someone of a similar skill level, however the division 1 players are choosing to be in div 5 to pick up the easy decent prizes. The only way they will stop this is by making division 1 rewards better. 

I've been in division 5 for a week now, I hit 30k points in the rankings but getting promoted or relegated seems impossible. I'm staying around the 1300 mark in skill points simply because the level of opposition I am coming up against, it's ridiculous. 

I made the same mistake as you, I used a shitty team for my ranking games and each and every game I came up against people using all the loan players, maybe I should have done that but I kinda felt like that would be cheating.

I'm regretting not using all the loans from the Catalogue or training items, it seems most others did. I'm also regretting not testing out timed finishing before playing those ranking games. It's no wonder it was taking me so many chances to score with the amount of times I attempted low driven shots, my thumb still hasn't fully adjusted to the different controls - double tapping shoot is just a natural response for me when through on goal. I'm kinda glad they changed it in a way as low driven shots were essentially a guaranteed goal on 18. 

I've not played many games yet but I seem to be having a lot of kick off goals go against me again, is this just me getting to grips with the game or have we got a similar situation like the one they had to patch last year? 

23 hours ago, Up The City! said:

FIFA will never truly be a proper eSport simply because it relies heavily upon the AI, unfortunately the AI wins and losses you games. 

This year I have spent zero real pounds, I've not pulled anything decent in the Championship packs or my loyalty packs and that's why I'm refusing to spend any real money this year. However so far I have 2 85 rated teams that cost 300k each which just goes to show you can have a more than just a basic team. The last few years EA have introduced the weekend league, squad battles and now division rivals, there is 3 opportunities right there to earn yourself a good amount of coins based on your own skill. Last year I was making a million a month simply from the weekend league so one would say they have moved away from the pay to win system by giving players the opportunity to earn their own coins.

You have just unintentionally backed up my point entirely by only talking about Ultimate Team. FIFA shouldn't just be about Ultimate Team and keeping that running, some of us prefer career modes, player creation/customisation and online play that doesn't rely on squad building through virtual currency.

1 hour ago, TBW said:

You have just unintentionally backed up my point entirely by only talking about Ultimate Team. FIFA shouldn't just be about Ultimate Team and keeping that running, some of us prefer career modes, player creation/customisation and online play that doesn't rely on squad building through virtual currency.

For me and the majority, FIFA is just ultimate team, I'd rather they did away with all the other game modes and concentrated their efforts on Ultimate team.

2 hours ago, Up The City! said:

For me and the majority, FIFA is just ultimate team, I'd rather they did away with all the other game modes and concentrated their efforts on Ultimate team.

That would be disgusting. I’d rather pay for a proper FIFA game with quality gameplay, better career mode, the journey and your standard online modes like seasons and pro clubs. UT feels scripted(may or may not be) and really does not suit many adults as there isn’t the time to play 30 games over a weekend or even play more than a few in a night which means you aren’t earning as much. 

For me UT should be a stand alone game mode. I’d even make it free like other games have been(like fortnite). EA can still make their money in that mode but it is open to everyone. 

On 10/10/2018 at 16:00, Up The City! said:

Also forgot to mention, do you have timed finishing turned on? I switched it off in the settings as it's a needless setting imo.

Errr...yes, probably.

Have moved back to semi-pro, and balance restored. Except my previously impregnable defence is now porous...sigh

10 hours ago, Up The City! said:

Hell no. Career is all I play.

I'm finding it a bit harder so far this year, but comes with a new game i guess (or should i say, slightly tweaked!!!) .I tend to play a squad battles on legendary for the elite 1 rewards and do a few online games to get my weekly ranking reward. I barely find myself in any time and space to even contemplate shot timing, so might bin that off- finese and drilled are hard enough for my level of playing. 

I got a decent premier league team together this year after only ever doing serie a builds, but kind of regretting it as the juventus and napoli players are great this year. 

My highlight so far has been packing an 89 rated bobby moore icon, which is worth 350k. Might sell him to bring in a couple of elite players but seems a shame. Opened that pack on a Monday morning at 7.45am, and got some other very good players too so maybe thats a thing.  

20 hours ago, Up The City! said:

There's nothing else they can do on Ultimate Team really and honestly they've pretty much stopped making any effort on other game modes as it is. 

8 hours ago, wendyredredrobin said:

I'm finding it a bit harder so far this year, but comes with a new game i guess (or should i say, slightly tweaked!!!) .I tend to play a squad battles on legendary for the elite 1 rewards and do a few online games to get my weekly ranking reward. I barely find myself in any time and space to even contemplate shot timing, so might bin that off- finese and drilled are hard enough for my level of playing. 

I got a decent premier league team together this year after only ever doing serie a builds, but kind of regretting it as the juventus and napoli players are great this year. 

My highlight so far has been packing an 89 rated bobby moore icon, which is worth 350k. Might sell him to bring in a couple of elite players but seems a shame. Opened that pack on a Monday morning at 7.45am, and got some other very good players too so maybe thats a thing.  

I'd suggest you hang on to him as to me the icon prices seem a little low at the moment, I suspect when the prime Icon Championship come out then icon prices will rise. 

However it is kind of relative to what you could do with the coins if you cashed in now, you could hang onto him and make 100k in a few weeks or you could use that 350k to build a better team and thus earn greater rewards so earn the 100k that way. 

I've gone for a Brazil team this year, I started off with a cheap Prem squad whilst I got a feel for the game and found out which players were impressing against me. 

I usually stick with the Prem but right now prices are hugely inflated, I lost a lot of coins on a Prem team this time last year, spending 200k each on the likes of Rashford etc. 

I feel there is real value in my Brazil team and if I sold now I'd be 150k in profit.

My team is,

Alisson

Filipe Luis

Thiago Silva

Marquinhos

Mariano

Felipe Anderson OTW

Fernandinho

Paulinho

Lucas POTM

Firmino 

Hulk IF

Talisca and Jesus on the bench.

I'm undecided what to do with Talisca, I'm not currently using him unless I change formation so could sell him for 60k which would be a 20k profit but then thinking as he's extinct then they may open up his max price.

I've not packed anything decent at all this year, the best being Gundogon but I've made a conscious decision to not spend a penny on packs this year, last year I spent around 500 quid so not doing that again. Just gonna grind the coins from trading and pick up rewards from rivals and the WL.

I'm just about to start my first campaign of this year's WL, not quite sure how I feel about them dropping it to 30 games. It's less of a slog but then seems the margins for error are smaller.

On 10/10/2018 at 20:31, RED4LIFE said:

This. 

Always tried to get LIF from the Faroe Islands to win the Champions League but could never get past the semis. Goran Pandev was an absolute beast.

Loved playing Kick Off 2 on the Amiga too. Especially if you uploaded your Player Manager team to it.

Was always a Pro Evo man mainly because Winning 11 ( the original Japanese version of Pro Evo) was utterly superb. The last time I played a Fifa game was 2013.

Floriana from the Maltese League for me. Succeeded a couple of times with Shearer up front and Maldini CB 

5 minutes ago, RedSA said:

Floriana from the Maltese League for me. Succeeded a couple of times with Shearer up front and Maldini CB 

Brilliant and fair play.

You could never get them to go to the Faroes though. 

Loved it because I was always LIF and my best mate was IF (Faroes too). Neither of us could ever win it though.

Archived