IGNORED

Fifa 19

SecretSam

On 10/10/2018 at 15:01, Negan said:

i think i buy it now out of loyalty and to add to the collection. I haven't truly enjoyed it since 13/14 and this years just feels slow and frustrating. I've played it twice since it came out. Back in school/college days I'd be on it until 1/2am playing clubs with my mates, now just the one online game a month is just about bearable. BO4 is out soon though, but then again the call of duty franchise hasn't been good since BO3 so hoping it finds its form again. Spider-man has been about the best game to be released this year imo. 

COD WW2 was a very good game IMO

3 hours ago, Up The City! said:

When the game 1st came out I really loved it. Then they brought a patch out and Now I detest it. My players feel sluggish, I get massive button delay and the AI interceptions and the counter attacks are utterly ridiculous. This WL I've played 12 and won 4 which is stupidly bad for me.

If you aren't enjoying it, don't play it... simple.

8 hours ago, Up The City! said:

So if City go on a losing streak and I'm not enjoying going I should not go?

If you genuinely don't enjoy the experience and match day, yes. I wouldn't watch a TV series I didn't enjoy so why play a video game you don't enjoy.

1 hour ago, MC RISK77 said:

I have bought the last few years versions...can anyone explain difference in the standard versions normally about 40 quid and the gold editions somewhere near 90 quid?

Extra Ultimate Team garb.

10 hours ago, MC RISK77 said:

I have bought the last few years versions...can anyone explain difference in the standard versions normally about 40 quid and the gold editions somewhere near 90 quid?

Standard version you just get the disk and it was available on the 29th or something. The other versions you get packs every week and also get 3 days early access.

18 hours ago, TBW said:

If you genuinely don't enjoy the experience and match day, yes. I wouldn't watch a TV series I didn't enjoy so why play a video game you don't enjoy.

Extra Ultimate Team garb.

Because at times, when the game is running smoothly then it's a very enjoyable game to play. Most of the problems in the game come down to connection problems, I often play my friend and the game play against each other is incredible, the players do what you want them to do, however due to the EA servers and the matchmaking you never know what kind of game play your going to get in a match until it starts. If it's not a smooth match then players dont make the interceptions they normally would, players don't make the runs they normally would, passing is difficult, shooting is nigh on impossible and manually switching players and using the contain button is completely broken. 

For some reason the majority of my WL games this weekend were against people based abroad rather than people in the UK and that's why I been getting the crap connection problems. Not sure why they can't match me against people in the UK.

I ended my 1st weekend league with 14 wins and 14 losses so after all the problems this weekend I'm quite content with that.

10 hours ago, hodge said:

Anyone else having a problem with the game seemingly freezing while loading after forwarding date in career mode?

At the very end & start of the seasons it does that, I’ve never had it at any other point though. 

Ultimate team I’ve never bothered with, always play a couple of weeks at the beginning then get bored. 

Clubs is the best mode. Online leagues like VFA/VFL make it so much more interesting as well. 

I just bought the game like 5-6 days ago and diving into FIFA after quite some time. I just realized I suck hard. Been practicing for several hours and I find it really frustrating that there is sorta no "flow".. I had a practice game with a friend who owned my sorry ass and said that he finds the game completely awesome and I was so furious.. Can someone share some newbie training tips or whatever? I will appreciate it so much! Thanks, gl hf!

Going for my 1st Weekend League of FIFA 19 this weekend. What type of teams are people coming up against in it already? 

I've got a pretty standard 183 rated PL team at the moment and have about 150,000 coins. Wondering if I should make any improvements before going into it. I've come across a lot of Icon/God teams already and that's just playing Rivals. 

On 16/10/2018 at 10:31, BRISTOL86 said:

13-17 in my first full WL, gameplay was absolutely awful. Slow, sluggish and unresponsive. Rivals feels much smoother than WL. 

Are you in this WL? I've entered my first this weekend and I'm currently 9-7. In the last FIFA I'd normally win slightly more than I'd lose so this seems to have carried over. 3 penalty losses and 1 penalty win which is slightly annoying though.

Gameplay has been unpredictable. Some games are slick and enjoyable, others are slow and unresponsive. It just feels a little broken at the moment. So many weird glitches in the game make it feel like a test version. 

On 21/10/2018 at 09:46, MC26 said:

Are you in this WL? I've entered my first this weekend and I'm currently 9-7. In the last FIFA I'd normally win slightly more than I'd lose so this seems to have carried over. 3 penalty losses and 1 penalty win which is slightly annoying though.

Gameplay has been unpredictable. Some games are slick and enjoyable, others are slow and unresponsive. It just feels a little broken at the moment. So many weird glitches in the game make it feel like a test version. 

No mate I had a busy one this weekend so didn’t redeem. In all honesty I’m pretty bored of the game already given the state of it, expect I’ll play fairly casually now as it’s completely unfit to be taken seriously. 

2 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

No mate I had a busy one this weekend so didn’t redeem. In all honesty I’m pretty bored of the game already given the state of it, expect I’ll play fairly casually now as it’s completely unfit to be taken seriously. 

Fair. I stopped after I got to 11 wins as the final game I played was just ridiculous. It finished 12-12 after extra time with the whole game going in the same sequence, I went a goal up, they'd equalise. I scored in 90th minute, only to concede in the 94th. I scored in 118th minute only for one of my defenders to take it upon himself to give away a penalty in 120th minute. 

Luckily I won the penalty shootout 7-6 but I would've stopped playing after that win or lose. It's generally a game of who can deal with lag/glitches better rather than who's actually better at the game. 

55 minutes ago, MC26 said:

Fair. I stopped after I got to 11 wins as the final game I played was just ridiculous. It finished 12-12 after extra time with the whole game going in the same sequence, I went a goal up, they'd equalise. I scored in 90th minute, only to concede in the 94th. I scored in 118th minute only for one of my defenders to take it upon himself to give away a penalty in 120th minute. 

Luckily I won the penalty shootout 7-6 but I would've stopped playing after that win or lose. It's generally a game of who can deal with lag/glitches better rather than who's actually better at the game. 

Yeah final para nails it to be honest. It’s just too inconsistent to take seriously unless you’re an incredibly good player who can win come what may in spite of the flaws. I’m just seeing it as a time filler now and something to play casually.

You can’t really put the effort in to improve, well beyond a certain point anyway. 90% of the goals scored and conceded are just down to who can manipulate the flaws the best. 

18 was bad but this feels like major regression. It’s like they’ve got a team of devs together and just loosely described the game of football to a team of people who have never even seen it. It feels nothing like football. Sad really as it has so much potential. 

I finished 17-13. At one point I was at 14-6 but as soon as I hit 14 wins I lost 7 in a row. It suddenly became very difficult and was coming up against teams with Ronaldo and Messi etc. In those 7 losses it was like I was playing 11 players who were high on cocaine whilst my players were out for a Sunday morning jog. I'm certain that as soon as I hit 14 wins scripting come into play. 

I had to win my last 3 games to get to gold 2 which I just about managed. I got a 123rd minute winner to win 5-4 to push me into gold 2. Every time I got a goal they would score straight from the resulting kick off. I've been done loads this year by the kick off glitch, it's impossible to defend.

4 hours ago, Up The City! said:

I finished 17-13. At one point I was at 14-6 but as soon as I hit 14 wins I lost 7 in a row. It suddenly became very difficult and was coming up against teams with Ronaldo and Messi etc. In those 7 losses it was like I was playing 11 players who were high on cocaine whilst my players were out for a Sunday morning jog. I'm certain that as soon as I hit 14 wins scripting come into play. 

I had to win my last 3 games to get to gold 2 which I just about managed. I got a 123rd minute winner to win 5-4 to push me into gold 2. Every time I got a goal they would score straight from the resulting kick off. I've been done loads this year by the kick off glitch, it's impossible to defend.

Kick off goals are just ridiculous. You can have a game where both sides struggle to break each other down for 80+ minutes yet as soon as one player gets a goal, the other equalises a minute later from KO. I've stopped trying to control my defenders from KO now, it seems to work better somehow! 

My biggest annoyance at the moment is what happens when I go 2 goals up in a game.  Something seems to switch. I had a game last night where I went 2 up, after about 40 minutes (it should have been 4 or 5 as it was attack after attack). Straight after the second goal I could barely pass a ball or create anything and my players turned incredibly slow. I had to make a perfect tackle about 5 times before I actually kept the ball. I had the reverse over the weekend too, I played a guy who was far better than me and he went 2 up after about 20 minutes yet I went 3-2 up before half time and he quit - probably through rage at what was going on. 

Not decided on whether I'm going enter the WL this weekend yet. Not sure it's worth the effort at the moment.

What a weird and bizarre weekend league that was. Somehow I found myself at lost 10 and won 4, this is is despite the fact I felt I could and should have won all 14 of those games, I was having 28-30 shots in most of those games and would lose to people who had two shots the entire game, I was just being out done by super goal keepers and crazy auto interceptions.

Today I went on a staggering run where out of my remaining 16 games I won 14 of them and finished on 18 wins, 1 more win than last week. 

Out of my 12 losses there was only one game where I deserved to lose, all the others I dominated.

I really should have been looking at 25+ wins but delighted to have turned a disastrous start around and to have done slightly better than last weekend.

On 29/10/2018 at 05:54, Up The City! said:

What a weird and bizarre weekend league that was. Somehow I found myself at lost 10 and won 4, this is is despite the fact I felt I could and should have won all 14 of those games, I was having 28-30 shots in most of those games and would lose to people who had two shots the entire game, I was just being out done by super goal keepers and crazy auto interceptions.

Today I went on a staggering run where out of my remaining 16 games I won 14 of them and finished on 18 wins, 1 more win than last week. 

Out of my 12 losses there was only one game where I deserved to lose, all the others I dominated.

I really should have been looking at 25+ wins but delighted to have turned a disastrous start around and to have done slightly better than last weekend.

This weekend was an absolute shambles. 

2-8 after 10
5-15 after 20
14-16 after 30 (including 8 in a row to finish)

Grateful to scrape into Gold 3 in the end. I played some real crap teams over the first 20 games too but it felt like the result was already decided in some of them. Countless games of domination only for a ridiculous counter attack or corner goal out of nowhere to settle the game. 

I think team quality played a big part as people have really upgraded their teams over the past few weeks, I faced a fair few top sides. I still have a pretty basic PL team. I refuse to put money into the game and rely on SBCs/rewards to improve my team so I guess I have to accept that some games are going to be decided by one Icon shooting from 35 yards out. 

Not sure if you've had the same but my defenders seem pretty good at giving away penalties when I'm not even in control of them/after the ball has been cleared. I lost 3 games as a result of a single penalty being given away without me even being in control of the defender. Also had a few red cards as apparently every single foul is a yellow card. 

Convincingly the most frustrating Weekend League I've ever played in. 

2 hours ago, MC26 said:

This weekend was an absolute shambles. 

2-8 after 10
5-15 after 20
14-16 after 30 (including 8 in a row to finish)

Grateful to scrape into Gold 3 in the end. I played some real crap teams over the first 20 games too but it felt like the result was already decided in some of them. Countless games of domination only for a ridiculous counter attack or corner goal out of nowhere to settle the game. 

I think team quality played a big part as people have really upgraded their teams over the past few weeks, I faced a fair few top sides. I still have a pretty basic PL team. I refuse to put money into the game and rely on SBCs/rewards to improve my team so I guess I have to accept that some games are going to be decided by one Icon shooting from 35 yards out. 

Not sure if you've had the same but my defenders seem pretty good at giving away penalties when I'm not even in control of them/after the ball has been cleared. I lost 3 games as a result of a single penalty being given away without me even being in control of the defender. Also had a few red cards as apparently every single foul is a yellow card. 

Convincingly the most frustrating Weekend League I've ever played in. 

I finished on 15 wins, two wins down from last week. I upgraded my team to include, Marcelo, Varane and Buffon and added some super subs to my bench like insigne and Willian yet I'm two wins down on last week?

I feel your pain entirely and can say your not alone with your experience.

Last year I must have put 500 into the game, apart from buying the game I refuse to put a penny into it, I've traded my way to a team worth a million coins yet come up against teams worth like 50k and get beat? Mainly from Spanish league teams. I can take being beat by someone who is better than me, in fact I'm of the belief that playing better people than myself makes me a better player. But out of all of my 30 games I can honestly say there was only one game where I was out played and that was only cos he had a few icons yet I only lost 3-2 and must have hit the post about 5 times in that game.

I honestly felt like I could have won every game this week but like you would encounter some bizarre things.

I had many games where I would have 30 shots and they would have 2 and score them both. 

I also had the problem you had regarding players giving away penalties, must have given like 5 away without controlling that player. I also keep getting the problem where I will make a perfect tackle only for the ball to then fall to one of their perfectly positioned players to smash in a long shot. 

What I really struggled with was the opposing teams AI fouling my players off the ball, so many times I'd be waiting for my player to make a run and just as I'm about to release the ball the AI clatters into that player. 

I pretty much spent the he whole weekend playing against people who would sit back and just run at me for 90 mins on the counter, do people really enjoy playing that way? I played one guy who spent the whole game launching the ball to POTM Hazzard and Hazzard would win the header every single time, he was ****** when I switched to Ultra defence to stop that happening and I went on to beat him 3-0, I took great pleasure in that.

I've taken part in the majority of WL since they first introduced it but this one sticks out as a real frustrating one because I should have got 25+ wins. 

Part of the problem is that they have made it far too easy for people to qualify now, In rivals win or lose you get WL points so play enough games and you can accumulate 2000 points however poor you are so that's why I feel there is all these unskilled players in the WL. 

I have just sold my whole team as I think the market is going to crash fairly soon because of Black Friday, there is always a crash a week or so before Black Friday and not actually a crash on Black Friday. I hope to be able to buy my team back in a few weeks for a few hundred K less.

Archived