IGNORED

Fifa 19

SecretSam

39 minutes ago, SecretSam said:

Bought a new console so have moved to 19 from 16.

Impossible to score.

Anyone else got the same problem?

It has been made more difficult to score this year without a doubt. Mainly due to the crazy amount of AI interceptions. I'm a FIFA veteran and play at a high online level and it took me a while to find ways to score.

Scoring goals from crosses this year is really effective. I've probs scored more goals from crosses than any other type of goals. For years I've been using narrow formations but I found that just made it even harder to score due to congestion. 

29 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

Didn't buy 18, won't be buying 19. All my friends already complaining about it being far too frustrating. Gone are the days of a fun relaxing game of FIFA. After 11/12 it started to get worse and worse. 

Can't wait for Red Dead personally. 

That game looks ridiculously good ?

Pre-ordered a copy the other day 

It's been a struggle for me this year. My main way of playing was constant passing and through balls, and I managed to fight my way to division one in '18. Now, I'm struggling to score at semi pro.

Outside of these tweaks, and the conclusion of The Journey, it really isn't that much different to last years instalment.

i think i buy it now out of loyalty and to add to the collection. I haven't truly enjoyed it since 13/14 and this years just feels slow and frustrating. I've played it twice since it came out. Back in school/college days I'd be on it until 1/2am playing clubs with my mates, now just the one online game a month is just about bearable. BO4 is out soon though, but then again the call of duty franchise hasn't been good since BO3 so hoping it finds its form again. Spider-man has been about the best game to be released this year imo. 

I'm finding this version easier if anything. For a few years I've only played Professional and found World Class too difficult to move up to, this version within a couple of days I had to move up difficulty because each game was 6 or 7-0, now I'm potentially needing to move up to the next difficulty already on my career mode approaching January I've drawn 2 games and won the rest in the league. I'm finding you just need to be more patient with attacking, build your way up the pitch and gaps will open, compared to previous games where my tactic was run and pass forward as quickly possible. Agree with Negan Spider-Man was excellent.

I found an old copy of Fifa street (circa 2012?) the other day collecting dust and booted it up.

Honestly have been having more fun on this than any modern fifa I've played. The fact you can play so many different formats of football i.e. futsal, 5 a side, 2v2, last man standing is a huge plus!

Okay so the physics surrounding tackling are glitchy to say the least, but the actual games themselves are really enjoyable. Particularly the 5 a side games. 

Bring back fifa street!

Have bought every Fifa for a long time now. As noted on the other Fifa thread, I have not got this one as I cannot justify the expenditure for it as I simply dont have the time to play my PS now I have my daughter.

I got proper nostalgic the other day though, Untouched by The Veronicas was playing on one of the music channels and i remember that was one of the songs on an old Fifa game. I knew which one straight away because of what was going on in my life at the time. Anyone want to take a guess which Fifa it was?

FIFA games have had some awesome songs on the soundtracks over the years.

On career mode, what is our budget for transfers and wages? 

2 minutes ago, The Batman said:

I got proper nostalgic the other day though, Untouched by The Veronicas was playing on one of the music channels and i remember that was one of the songs on an old Fifa game. 

I'm going to guess FIFA 10 or 11?

The soundtrack on FIFA Street is immense (oh that's another thing - music during games rather than the monotonous tones of Clive Tydsley and Alan Smith! What a blessing!) 

2 minutes ago, The Batman said:

Have bought every Fifa for a long time now. As noted on the other Fifa thread, I have not got this one as I cannot justify the expenditure for it as I simply dont have the time to play my PS now I have my daughter.

I got proper nostalgic the other day though, Untouched by The Veronicas was playing on one of the music channels and i remember that was one of the songs on an old Fifa game. I knew which one straight away because of what was going on in my life at the time. Anyone want to take a guess which Fifa it was?

We start with roughly £7.5m transfer budget. A couple of loan players are listed as ours too, such as Kalas 

What's funny is they've given rovers £1.5m budget ?

4 minutes ago, The Batman said:

Certain songs do that for me too. Fast Fuse by Kasabian in particular. Time to Pretend by MGMT too.

16 minutes ago, Sturny said:

We start with roughly £7.5m transfer budget. A couple of loan players are listed as ours too, such as Kalas 

What's funny is they've given rovers £1.5m budget ?

One of our fellow OTIB'ers cracked the reason why that is the case.

Squads are limited to the number of available players and many Chelsea players are seen to belong to other clubs because they have too many players. The lesser ones just belong to the new clubs, ie Kalas and Dasilva for us.

Tammy was ours on Fifa 17 before a patch update, and Mason Mount on Fifa 18 is a Vitesse player.

16 minutes ago, nebristolred said:

Certain songs do that for me too. Fast Fuse by Kasabian in particular. Time to Pretend by MGMT too.

Black and Gold as well, another classic

Trying a newcastle career on legendary which is a mode I am usually ok at. Just can’t score. Can easily keep teams from scoring too much but if I do not score first there is almost no chance of me getting 3 points. Through about 14 games I have scored 7-8 goals and only 1 time have I scored more than 1. Might need to lower it because it almost unplayable. You can get some space but find at least half my shots are blocked and not at point blank range either or keepers make ridiculous saves. 

Red Dead and Anthem are my next two games though. Also NBA 2k is out and the 2k series are amazing. EA need to look at making fifa that standard. 

I started off on Emlyn Hughes Soccer on C64 cart, progressed to anco kick off (I think) on the Amiga, then SWOS (again amiga). Got FIFA 96 on the original playstation, and since then I've picked up a few old skool pc footy titles through gog/humble bundle/steam sales etc (but never played 'em).

You'll never beat SWOS.

3 hours ago, hodge said:

I'm finding this version easier if anything. For a few years I've only played Professional and found World Class too difficult to move up to, this version within a couple of days I had to move up difficulty because each game was 6 or 7-0, now I'm potentially needing to move up to the next difficulty already on my career mode approaching January I've drawn 2 games and won the rest in the league. I'm finding you just need to be more patient with attacking, build your way up the pitch and gaps will open, compared to previous games where my tactic was run and pass forward as quickly possible. Agree with Negan Spider-Man was excellent.

Nobody likes a show off.  

?

I personally haven’t played for a few years. Think I resembled city at mo. Couldn’t hit a cows ass with a banjo but concede every time they attack.    

6 minutes ago, City exile 79 said:

Nobody likes a show off.  

?

I personally haven’t played for a few years. Think I resembled city at mo. Couldn’t hit a cows ass with a banjo but concede every time they attack.    

I mean it probably helps that I'm playing as Liverpool atm, I usually start with a better team for my first career mode to get used to the new game then swap to playing a City career mode. 

5 hours ago, Shtanley said:

Didn't buy 18, won't be buying 19. All my friends already complaining about it being far too frustrating. Gone are the days of a fun relaxing game of FIFA. After 11/12 it started to get worse and worse. 

Can't wait for Red Dead personally. 

Is this game basically gta 5 set in western frontier era?

My son is getting an Xbox and FIFA 19 for his birthday. Still a couple of weeks away so haven’t set it up yet. Used to play fifa myself every year up until about ‘11 when we had kids. Now I’ve got the perfect excuse to get involved again!

Curious to know - is the stadium for City a reasonable match with Ashton Gate and, if not, can you change the default to another one that more closely resembles it?

1 hour ago, Sleepy1968 said:

I started off on Emlyn Hughes Soccer on C64 cart, progressed to anco kick off (I think) on the Amiga, then SWOS (again amiga). Got FIFA 96 on the original playstation, and since then I've picked up a few old skool pc footy titles through gog/humble bundle/steam sales etc (but never played 'em).

You'll never beat SWOS.

This. 

Always tried to get LIF from the Faroe Islands to win the Champions League but could never get past the semis. Goran Pandev was an absolute beast.

Loved playing Kick Off 2 on the Amiga too. Especially if you uploaded your Player Manager team to it.

Was always a Pro Evo man mainly because Winning 11 ( the original Japanese version of Pro Evo) was utterly superb. The last time I played a Fifa game was 2013.

Archived