IGNORED

Lloyd Kelly

Ohbasso

2 hours ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Well done Lloyd. Glad to see his achievements are being recognised.  He still has a lot to learn but I think he has the potential to reach the top.

He will play in Prem

He has the potential to play for a top four side IMHO

He also has the real possibility / potential to become a full International 

Still plenty to work on, but we havnt had many of these over the years !!!

Well done Lloyd

14 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

He will play in Prem

He has the potential to play for a top four side IMHO

He also has the real possibility / potential to become a full International 

Still plenty to work on, but we havnt had many of these over the years !!!

Well done Lloyd

I could see him playing for Tottenham in the next couple of years. They like young players and Alderwield seems to be on the way out, Vertonghen is not getting younger and Foyth not come along too much since joining. 

Anyway, agree with all you said. His potential is good enough for top 6. He just needs to stay focused on football and not let a few inevitable mistakes get to him. 

14 hours ago, REDOXO said:

Personally I don’t see all the fuss about Kelly. Quote. Some knob wit after Sunday on here, end quote

I like him but in fairness on here he can do little wrong he gets MOM when he has been terrible. 

4 minutes ago, Dylan said:

Wow can't believe how quickly things are moving for Kelly.

I talked to him when he was on the fringes of the first team when rumours of Flint being off and he may get his chance ,

didn't realise he was potentially going to be a football superstar.

Long way to go yet, currently he's getting nutmegged by Rotherham players 

9 minutes ago, Dylan said:

Wow can't believe how quickly things are moving for Kelly.

I talked to him when he was on the fringes of the first team when rumours of Flint being off and he may get his chance ,

didn't realise he was potentially going to be a football superstar.

Let's just calm down a bit.

21 minutes ago, Sturny said:

Long way to go yet, currently he's getting nutmegged by Rotherham players 

Ah yes, because other defenders have never been nutmegged.  :) 

The key point with Kelly is whether it happens again. A good example was Sheff Utd where last year he was given a proper lesson by their forwards last season and put that right against them this season. What tends to happen is that players beat him once, but rarely twice. I don't often get too carried away with youngsters, because I have seen too many flatter to deceive, but I am struggling to find anything wrong with him currently. 
He is deceptively quick, not just fast, but he is nippy in short bursts which is unusual for taller players, he learns from his mistakes, reads the game well and he has toughened up to the point of almost bullying players against him. He seems to be level headed and hopefully will continue to listen to the right people.

7 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

The key point with Kelly is whether it happens again. A good example was Sheff Utd where last year he was given a proper lesson by their forwards last season and put that right against them this season. What tends to happen is that players beat him once, but rarely twice. I don't often get too carried away with youngsters, because I have seen too many flatter to deceive, but I am struggling to find anything wrong with him currently. 
He is deceptively quick, not just fast, but he is nippy in short bursts which is unusual for taller players, he learns from his mistakes, reads the game well and he has toughened up to the point of almost bullying players against him. He seems to be level headed and hopefully will continue to listen to the right people.

Yes but I was replying to someone who was placing his potential to be a superstar and quite frankly being nutmegged by Rotherham players doesn't sell it to me just yet. Not just the only factor of course.. 

46 minutes ago, Super said:

Let's just calm down a bit.

Ok I but I still expect him to be playing top flight very soon.

I had seen him a fair few times at the academy and I'm surprised just how far he's come since I last saw him, As there are so few who actually make it.

Seems a very level headed bloke for someone of that age

19 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Extremely cool and classy on he ball. At the moment, not so sure about his choices going forward - often seems reluctant to involve the winger in front of him. Eliasson has been slated recently for doing nothing, but at times he has got into space and LK has moved the ball into the crowded midfield instead.

3 minutes ago, Dylan said:

Ok I but I still expect him to be playing top flight very soon.

I had seen him a fair few times at the academy and I'm surprised just how far he's come since I last saw him, As there are so few who actually make it.

Seems a very level headed bloke for someone of that age

No rush for him, will be better for him to have a few full seasons at this level first. Last thing he wants is a move to the prem and not be playing week in week out.

1 minute ago, East End Old Boy said:

Unless sold and loaned back? Game time is certainly something Joe is currently missing and probably Bobby too!

Possibly yes.

Same with Tammy he has had to come back to this level to get more game time. 

Archived