IGNORED

Premier League 2

daored

Leeds Chairman Andrea Radrizzani has called for a Premier League 2 to create more revenue for championship clubs. Leeds earnt £7.5 million in TV revenue, compared to £100 million for the club that finished bottom of the premier league.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45811803

How long until this actually happens? On a side note people talk about the ‘gap’ between us and the Blue Few if this was to happen the ‘gap’ would probably never be breached 

Essentially no change expect premier league sharing their wealth, yeah I can totally see the premier league going for that :rolleyes: Leeds are already on the tv a lot more than most teams in the division so they benefit more than most of the rest of us anyway.

1 hour ago, Red Right Hand said:

I had Talkshite  on this morning and Alan Brazil actually said in relation to this that the clubs at the bottom of the premier league should be given even more money!

They already get £100m for being crap, how much more does he want to give them to reward failure?

That's cos Alan Brazil is a total idiot.

Used to listen, but got fed up with the Tory-supporting carp that he spouts every time the opportunity arises.

Moaning about taxes the other week, that was the last straw for me.

Can't give up H&J though. They are still good and on their day can be really funny.

1 hour ago, Red Right Hand said:

I had Talkshite  on this morning and Alan Brazil actually said in relation to this that the clubs at the bottom of the premier league should be given even more money!

They already get £100m for being crap, how much more does he want to give them to reward failure?

Did he try giving a justification as to why they should get more? 

34 minutes ago, hodge said:

Did he try giving a justification as to why they should get more? 

So as the bottom clubs would be more competitive apparently. According to him `the bottom clubs are occasionally capable of beating the top clubs and that`s why it`s the best league in the world` or some such bollocks.

Just like any other league then. - they really don`t get it do they?

32 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

So as the bottom clubs would be more competitive apparently. According to him `the bottom clubs are occasionally capable of beating the top clubs and that`s why it`s the best league in the world` or some such bollocks.

:rolleyes: they don't realise more money for bottom teams would mean more for the rest above and create the same problem 

45 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Indeed.

Leganes (Bottom) 2-1 Barcelona (Top).

I think they do get it- they churn out the hype to keep the train fully on the road- also a lot of nonsense that the bottom sides should get yet more cash.

2 hours ago, AppyDAZE said:

That's cos Alan Brazil is a total idiot.

Used to listen, but got fed up with the Tory-supporting carp that he spouts every time the opportunity arises.

Moaning about taxes the other week, that was the last straw for me.

Can't give up H&J though. They are still good and on their day can be really funny.

Why would any football fan listen to a radio station owned by the Sxn ?

11 hours ago, hodge said:

Essentially no change expect premier league sharing their wealth, yeah I can totally see the premier league going for that :rolleyes: Leeds are already on the tv a lot more than most teams in the division so they benefit more than most of the rest of us anyway.

Leeds got £100k per game last season for being on Sky.  They will have lost ticket sales though, so they don’t make £100k per game.  However Commercial revenues (sponsorship etc) will increase because of the exposure they get over say Burton.  Swings and roundabouts but Leeds (big club and all that) are probably doing much better and getting a bigger share of the existing tv money than they want to admit.

6 hours ago, WarksRobin said:

Most likely involves a change to 2 x 16 team Premier League divisions, so the top 32 teams. We are currently 33. 

Only a matter of time before someone mentions ring-fencing as well.

That was the Phil Gartside idea, when he could foresee the financial risk of falling out of the Prem.

7 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

He was probably drunk. The fat lump is going to kill himself through drink and food soon. I had to stop listening because hearing his heavy breathing through his flab when someone else was talking made me feel physically sick.

1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Interesting line on this- and the second big 'What if' scenario after Sky got the rights in 1992 instead of say remaining on ITV.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/football-league/premier-league-2-leeds-united-tv-rights-deal-championship-andrea-radrizzani-a8583471.html

So the latest deal would have seen £880m shared out in the football league.... wow 

22 hours ago, hodge said:

So the latest deal would have seen £880m shared out in the football league.... wow 

What might have been eh?

@man in the middle Agreed- that would be a logical next step (though I dislike the idea wholly)- as an aside fairly sure Radrizzani wasn't proposing a closed shop though I'd have to read his quotes in full.

Archived