IGNORED

Seeing city players in public

When the river runs

Alright i never did.*****.just like i never seen wright and webster in the brass pig sat night.must of been a mirage .funny how i have a photo though! Some of you need to get out more!!! Never been prism infact more like the cider boat for me 

I'm probably in plentiful company having met Scotty in the club shop,  he very graciously let me take a pic of him holding my son's new City gear when I was over in the summer. You can tell he is used to dealing with very star struck middle aged men!

On a separate note,  I had the privilege of meeting the Liverpool team in '87 in the Anfield players lounge.  My Uncle from Australia knew Craig Johnston through Newcastle United,  the other one. He was a top bloke,  typical laid back Aussie with no pretense about him. The other notable one was John Barnes, the only player to actually come up to me and ask me how I was doing etc. As classy off the field as on it.  Always held him in high regard due to the impression he left on me that day, maybe too 'nice' to be a successful first team Coach,  Manager or even DOF... 

6 hours ago, Vil1 said:

Alright i never did.*****.just like i never seen wright and webster in the brass pig sat night.must of been a mirage .funny how i have a photo though! Some of you need to get out more!!! Never been prism infact more like the cider boat for me 

Tommy?

I see the truth is out

Have to confess I saw Flint , with Frankie Fielding in a arcade in Weston last summer

They were playing the shove the 2ps over the edge machine , and Flint was upset as he’d blown over 50ps worth of change 

I was dissapointed when I saw Aden aim a sly donkey kick at back of the machine as Frankie waited at the front , must have knocked nearly a pounds worth of 2ps into the collection bin

Frankie , giggling , quickly scooped up the 2ps in handfuls and I saw them quickly sliding out with their tracksuit pockets sagging 

Disgraceful really

51 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

I see the truth is out

Have to confess I saw Flint , with Frankie Fielding in a arcade in Weston last summer

They were playing the shove the 2ps over the edge machine , and Flint was upset as he’d blown over 50ps worth of change 

I was dissapointed when I saw Aden aim a sly donkey kick at back of the machine as Frankie waited at the front , must have knocked nearly a pounds worth of 2ps into the collection bin

Frankie , giggling , quickly scooped up the 2ps in handfuls and I saw them quickly sliding out with their tracksuit pockets sagging 

Disgraceful really

I thought I was the only person who saw this happen Bob.Don't worry though. The two of them sneaked back in later and lost nearly a fiver between them trying to win a minion on the grabby thing.Karma eh!

17 hours ago, Vil1 said:

:dunno:

I was sat across from Jamie Paterson on a train from Nottingham to London after our dismal 1-0 defeat at Forest a couple of years back.

I didn't say anything, partly because we'd lost (whereas I think I'd be more likely to do so if we'd won) and partly because I was literally sat across from him so there would have potentially been two hours of train-related awkwardness following the end of the conversation. Not much of a story really. That said, someone else stopped and had a quick chat with him. He seemed like a nice guy and okay to chat with people if they wanted to. I would have just felt weird doing it and then continuing to sit near him. 

Foster son spotted Marlon Pack up at Blaise Castle when we were up there over the summer with my other half @Arthur Daley and his kids. He was there with his wife and son. Was happy to chat and pose for pictures. Other half commented that Packys wife wasn’t too shabby on the eye either. Can’t take him anywhere ?

1 hour ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

I see the truth is out

Disgraceful really

Frankie is banned from kicking the 2p machine.

Last time he kicked it, he was aiming for the pier and it ended up getting ecoli from Marine Lake.

7 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

I see the truth is out

Disgraceful really

Shocking! No wonder Flint was shipped out and Fielding`s not playing. What sort of role models do they think they are to youngsters? I`m sure Mr Pulis would frown upon his players doing this sort of thing on Redcar sea front and rightly so.

Next thing you`ll be telling me they tried to fix the horses in the slots racing game.

#Westongate

Not a City player story, but I got home today to find Carl Saunders on my door step, he’d tried to deliver a package to my neighbour, they were out, so he asked me if I’d take it.  I’d love to say that I told him I couldn’t possibly help as I’m a city fan and to help out an ex Rovers player is too much, and sent him in his way, but he seemed a nice chap to be fair and he asked nicely, so I helped out.  Not the best story I admit, but you know, what can you do!

25 minutes ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

Not a City player story, but I got home today to find Carl Saunders on my door step, he’d tried to deliver a package to my neighbour, they were out, so he asked me if I’d take it.  I’d love to say that I told him I couldn’t possibly help as I’m a city fan and to help out an ex Rovers player is too much, and sent him in his way, but he seemed a nice chap to be fair and he asked nicely, so I helped out.  Not the best story I admit, but you know, what can you do!

Bin the package!

11 hours ago, Dollymarie said:

Foster son spotted Marlon Pack up at Blaise Castle when we were up there over the summer with my other half @Arthur Daley and his kids. He was there with his wife and son. Was happy to chat and pose for pictures. 

Your other half was there with his wife and son and was happy to chat about it?

Blimey Dolly, you really are the most humble girl I've ever met! Major (Isewater) respect!

Not football but Bristol related - the captain of the Bears grabs a coffee in the cafe I go to every morning. His name is Steve Luatua and he has played for the All Blacks 15 times, the absolute pinnacle of a rugby career. He’s played with all the greats over the last decade.

So it’s so annoying that he’s the most polite guy on the planet! He shows genuine interest in everyone who talks to him and asks questions about my life quicker than I can scramble my own back. You’d think I was the celebrity, he has even sat down many times to have a full blown chat, when all I ever want to do is ask about his damn career! It’s way more exciting than me :laugh:.

The other funny one was LJ - it was straight after the Burton game when Tomlin missed the penalty. The group I go with were chatting for ages, slagging LJ off, saying he’s rubbish and needs to go, only for him to walk past 5 seconds later. The first thing that came to my head to say was “unlucky mate, you deserved the win. Keep it up”! Two faced as hell. I did feel bad though cos he was inevitably on his way to see Lansdown and I thought at the time and you could tell from his body language that he was expecting the worst.

On 17/10/2018 at 12:39, City Rocker said:

Norman Hunter was lovely when I met him in about 1978 or thereabouts, and I'll never forget the words he said to me:

"Aye, I think so lad".

Buggered if I can remember what the question was though.

My mum was always happy to take me to Norman Hunter Sports up The Gilda to buy my subbuteo teams.  He was always pretty chatty.

On 19/10/2018 at 10:31, BobBobSuperBob said:

I see the truth is out

Disgraceful really

Did Frankie have his gloves on?

Archived