IGNORED

I see Scotland lost - again....

Robbored

2 hours ago, MarcusX said:

5/6? I think its more than that. 1 player above 25 last night and I think that was Maguire?

I don't think we would struggle to beat USA, in my opinion 

Easier to say after last night?

USA has a lot of players playing top flight football around Europe. Think at the moment they’d be a similar opponent in the mould of Sweden, Bosnia or Iceland who I think England would not thrash even if on paper it looks like they should. 

Also very young side the USA. I am not just saying it because I was born there but they are on the rise. The problem is finding a focal point or star which I think would stop them making any real noise in a World Cup. 

On 16/10/2018 at 13:37, JoeAman08 said:

USA has a lot of players playing top flight football around Europe. Think at the moment they’d be a similar opponent in the mould of Sweden, Bosnia or Iceland who I think England would not thrash even if on paper it looks like they should. 

Also very young side the USA. I am not just saying it because I was born there but they are on the rise. The problem is finding a focal point or star which I think would stop them making any real noise in a World Cup. 

We dispatched of Sweden convincingly just a couple of months ago. I think the current team would beat Iceland and Bosnia.

On 15/10/2018 at 03:46, harrys said:

Oh I was waiting for that, remind me who we beat? in the three games where we actually played against decent opposition we fell well short particular in the semi final against a Country of just 4 million people, we couldn’t have hand picked an easier route to the final, we are getting away from the point slightly, I just don’t get why anyone should mock another Country’s failings when England have constantly under achieved, for the majority of the time it is so so painful watching our national team and has been for decades. 

We just beat Spain.

I hate the Scotland national team as much as I hate the Gas.

1 minute ago, WessexPest said:

We just beat Spain.

I hate the Scotland national team as much as I hate the Gas.

Don’t. Someone will come up with some predictable response like “Spain reserves”. You can tel by Enrique’s behaviour on the touch line that they wanted to win that game.

its also seems to have gone under the radar that we strung 17? Passes together before scoring against probably the best passing and pressing team in the world. If a prem team scores that goal against say Liverpool or Man City we’d have seen it 100 times this week

15 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

We dispatched of Sweden convincingly just a couple of months ago. I think the current team would beat Iceland and Bosnia.

Fair enough. We are definitely on the up though. Reckon our starting XI younger than the one that started against Spain. Be an interesting next 10-12 years for both sides. England have better depth and probably a few more with high end potential over that span but reckon USA will have a strong XI in the next 3-4 years. Meaning I don’t think we will have many champ players making the squad unlike the last 10 years or so(Williams, Ream, lichaj). 

39 minutes ago, harrys said:

How sad, there is no comparison

Not sad at all.

The “plucky” underdogs against the “arrogant big-time Charlies”; us apparently hooligans to a man, woman and child and them adored by all and sundry; the bitter obsessiveness with us; it’s quite uncanny actually.

On 16/10/2018 at 13:37, JoeAman08 said:

Still think that? Men against boys tonight and that’s almost an England C team in many aspects

bar 1 chance, it could have been 5/6-0

25 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

Still think that? Men against boys tonight and that’s almost an England C team in many aspects

bar 1 chance, it could have been 5/6-0

Think nerves showed but you are right. We have 3-4 positions where we are still let down like ST, LB and GK. Mind you we were just as young or younger tonight as the England side. Funnily enough I told my mate England’s first XI is often a slower build up side than the one that played tonight. England were brilliant tonight and I think would have beat most sides tonight. 

Archived