IGNORED

What breed of cat was Bagpuss?

I cannot, for dickens sake, find the correct reference for this.

The closest I can get is a British Short Hair, but all the ones I have seen are blue / grey, where as we know Bagpuss was pink and white.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, as I don't want to lose my place as an undergraduate in Zoology at Bristol University.

Cheers.

The moggie in question was possibly an Old Fat Furry Catpuss, or we can at least be certain it was "a saggy, old cloth cat, baggy, and a bit loose at the seams".

Indeed, the show was planned to have a ginger marmalade, but the suppliers in Folkestone managed to come up with the uniquely coloured creature now so well loved.

Personally speaking, I don't mind British Short Haired puss, although I prefer no hair varieties. Oh, and I'm glad your place at the Zoology department is secure, as Dickens didn't write Bagpuss.

9 hours ago, Erithacus said:

The moggie in question was possibly an Old Fat Furry Catpuss, or we can at least be certain it was "a saggy, old cloth cat, baggy, and a bit loose at the seams".

Indeed, the show was planned to have a ginger marmalade, but the suppliers in Folkestone managed to come up with the uniquely coloured creature now so well loved.

Personally speaking, I don't mind British Short Haired puss, although I prefer no hair varieties. Oh, and I'm glad your place at the Zoology department is secure, as Dickens didn't write Bagpuss.

Much to his regret.

Archived