IGNORED

Nuttiest Terrace!?

REDOXO

1 hour ago, 1960maaan said:

The rest of 'US" Arabs were in the stand :yes: Still wind Denis up these days, asking why he was dressed as the Pope. Had a decent body swerve for a , umm , less streamlined guy. :clapping:

Not Denis, but a few of us from our coach in the pub opposite the ground prematch. They stopped away fans going in there just after, don't think it was anything we did. It was supposed to be Arab themed, some people didn't get the memo, still not sure about my mate's brother going as a St Trinians girl .

1930923_42682529253_4954_n.jpg

That is brilliant 1960, none turned out as well as Mr Kerr though! ;) 

I agree, he can shift for a 'big' fella!

And whilst I'm still in reflection mode re that Eastville Cup match, there was the Burst The Bubble moment at around 6pm when the draw for the 3rd round was made live on Radio 2 (for our younger readers, there wasn't 5live in those days). Notts County Away? Really? 

The next home match was great for just one chant...

One Nil down

Two One up.

We knocked Rovers out the Cup.

La da lada , de lada, de laaaa.

51 minutes ago, Norn Iron said:

And whilst I'm still in reflection mode re that Eastville Cup match, there was the Burst The Bubble moment at around 6pm when the draw for the 3rd round was made live on Radio 2 (for our younger readers, there wasn't 5live in those days). Notts County Away? Really? 

The next home match was great for just one chant...

One Nil down

Two One up.

We knocked Rovers out the Cup.

La da lada , de lada, de laaaa.

I remember that vividly - we`d just got back to the car somewhere under the M32 all manic and buzzing only to be brought down to earth with an almighty bump!

21 hours ago, slartibartfast said:

More than half................and not ALL in the open end !:cool:

And if that post was written by a Gas Head they'd be slaughtered for exaggerating the away support!

Anyway, I was at the Rovers and Notts games and the thing I remember most is the constant chants of 'You're first division rubbish' at the County fans. I was right at the edge by the home fans, my God they were angry! Great days.

On 15/10/2018 at 16:30, BobBobSuperBob said:

Bradford in 89 1/4 Final ?   

and Forest definitely

Id add Sheffield United definitely , and Walsall twice , all in 88/89 play offs

Ohhhhhh and Reading 84 .....craziest terrace I’ve ever been on 

.... have to admit to being one of the monkeys that had found their way in to the '' wrong ' end that day ( ...yeah i know but it WAS the 80's officer....)

Anyone remember Hereford away in the FA cup  '74....people on the ROOF of the end we were in and the ref giving us the 'thumbs up ' to say the game was going ahead despite the pitch looking like a paddy field ? It was the same season we were the first team to beat Leeds ...i enjoyed recalling that one in another thread  ?

40 minutes ago, Arsene's Wanger said:

And if that post was written by a Gas Head they'd be slaughtered for exaggerating the away support!

Yes but it's not ,therefore more than likely true.

Anyway, I was at the Rovers and Notts games and the thing I remember most is the constant chants of 'You're first division rubbish' at the County fans. I was right at the edge by the home fans, my God they were angry! Great days.

Me and a few of my mates were in the home side (always went for the best view, then)...........some of them weren't very happy, true, but hey, what ya gonna do ? :cool:

27 minutes ago, Crisis what Crisis ? said:

.... have to admit to being one of the monkeys that had found their way in to the '' wrong ' end that day ( ...yeah i know but it WAS the 80's officer....)

Anyone remember Hereford away in the FA cup  '74....people on the ROOF of the end we were in and the ref giving us the 'thumbs up ' to say the game was going ahead despite the pitch looking like a paddy field ? It was the same season we were the first team to beat Leeds ...i enjoyed recalling that one in another thread  ?

That pic of Ernie Hunt emerging from a huge puddle looking like the monster from the Black Lagoon !:laugh:

On 15/10/2018 at 16:36, Ska Junkie said:

Now that was MENTAL, absolutely nuts.

Old Winny got nicked at the game and had to appear in court in Reading a week or so later. I was told he was interviewed by HTV to find out what happened and they eventually gave up as every other word was ****!

Whatever happened to him I wonder? I was told he changed his name to Neil Down for a laugh but was never sure if it was true. It was typical Winny though. 

Seen him saturday on his bike going up fishponds road

10 hours ago, basshead said:

Seen him saturday on his bike going up fishponds road

Remember a certain rag “the Press” trying to do an interview with Winny outside the ground at one game.

Well that was one of the funniest things you could ever listen to. There was nothing they could put in the paper.

“You ......... can .......... off because all you ....... print is ........... You ...... .........s! Now ..... off you ......””

Unprintable. Legend!

48 minutes ago, GasDestroyer said:

Remember a certain rag “the Press” trying to do an interview with Winny outside the ground at one game.

Well that was one of the funniest things you could ever listen to. There was nothing they could put in the paper.

“You ......... can .......... off because all you ....... print is ........... You ...... .........s! Now ..... off you ......””

Unprintable. Legend!

Yep....that sounds like Neil ?

1 hour ago, GasDestroyer said:

Unprintable. Legend!

Sounds just like the Reading TV interview then. Good to see Winny was consistent eh! 

16 hours ago, Crisis what Crisis ? said:

Hereford away F.A. Cup '74.....

City marching up the high street straight off the football special........come face to face with another mob coming the other way, no colours...

........it's only another load of ours! Nearly kicked right off for a few seconds!!!

Don't know if it's been mentioned , I can't be bothered to trawl through to check.

Swindon away 1981. I seem to remember we had to climb the fence to get to the next section, and the back of the terrace was crumbling and perfect ammo for anyone that wanted it. Don't remember too much more apart from the ball coming into our area , being stabbed and thrown back flat, also when the Police with dogs came in it got a bit chaotic. A few of us ended up in a heap along with the OB, I got helped up by a lad who then helped the Copper to stay down. Walking out singing "we'll be back" did make me smile.

For those too young, mad day.

Archived