IGNORED

Making a Murderer Part 2 - Oct 19th

Up The City!

What a series that 1st one was. Incredible TV. Will certainly be watching part 2.

Watched 2 eps of Hill House so far, very creepy, very weird. Gonna stick with it, heard it gets better and better but with perhaps an unsatisfactory final episode.

They've really created an unsettling vibe, reminds me of the recent movie Hereditary and also one from a few years back called The Witch. Both worth a look if you like that sort stuff.

On 16/10/2018 at 18:05, Gazred said:

What a series that 1st one was. Incredible TV. Will certainly be watching part 2.

Watched 2 eps of Hill House so far, very creepy, very weird. Gonna stick with it, heard it gets better and better but with perhaps an unsatisfactory final episode.

They've really created an unsettling vibe, reminds me of the recent movie Hereditary and also one from a few years back called The Witch. Both worth a look if you like that sort stuff.

Bang on, Gaz

Mrs Woodsy said 'was that what you expected', I said it was, but I was pissed off that I was right. So many options to work with, but the longer it went on it was becoming more obvious to me how it would play out. If I take out the final 10 minutes of it I can still say it's the most enjoyable series I've watched in a long time though. There were several moments where I was covered in goosebumps, nothing on tv has had me like that in a while

On 17/10/2018 at 08:12, tommytank1985 said:

We’ve just finished ‘the staircase’ v good

Guilty / not guilty?

Making a Murderer I could pick holes in the police report all day, not in this one. Guilty as **** I think

I happened to see on the news the other day that the dark haired lady on the prosecution case had killed herself recently. I can't remember her name, and she certainly isn't someone I warmed to, but a sad end. Apparently she copped a lot of online abuse once the show went out. Superb entertainment, but not at that kind of cost

On 16/10/2018 at 19:05, Gazred said:

2 hours ago, Woodsy said:

Bang on, Gaz

Mrs Woodsy said 'was that what you expected', I said it was, but I was pissed off that I was right. So many options to work with, but the longer it went on it was becoming more obvious to me how it would play out. If I take out the final 10 minutes of it I can still say it's the most enjoyable series I've watched in a long time though. There were several moments where I was covered in goosebumps, nothing on tv has had me like that in a while

I have never heard of or watched either, but shall try and locate on Netflix.

But, are you referring to Making a Murderer or Hill House?

Hill House is the giver of goosebumps, Phil! Making a Murderer is real life, I won't say anything else on it so I don't spoil it for you, but well worth a watch. By far and away my favourite 'real life', 'true crime' docuseries that I've ever seen. I'm intrigued to see what series 2 brings, although I've read a little since the first series to keep abreast of the story in case the much vaunted S2 didn't happen. Don't google anything before you watch it - it will be worth it!

I always think it's a shame that the MAM story isn't covered from the other view as well, sometimes you can get swept away with the angle you're looking at it from, but I'd love to see what they were seeing that made them come to their conclusion

Let me know how you get on with both. I'm not much of a tv watcher, but these are both 'must see'

2 hours ago, Woodsy said:

Hill House is the giver of goosebumps, Phil! Making a Murderer is real life, I won't say anything else on it so I don't spoil it for you, but well worth a watch. By far and away my favourite 'real life', 'true crime' docuseries that I've ever seen. I'm intrigued to see what series 2 brings, although I've read a little since the first series to keep abreast of the story in case the much vaunted S2 didn't happen. Don't google anything before you watch it - it will be worth it!

I always think it's a shame that the MAM story isn't covered from the other view as well, sometimes you can get swept away with the angle you're looking at it from, but I'd love to see what they were seeing that made them come to their conclusion

Let me know how you get on with both. I'm not much of a tv watcher, but these are both 'must see'

Nowadays, my only regular views are Saturday night Casualty (Yes, I know) and lately 'Killing Eve'.

I shall try and find Hill House and let you know.

On 18/10/2018 at 11:24, Woodsy said:

Guilty / not guilty?

Making a Murderer I could pick holes in the police report all day, not in this one. Guilty as **** I think

I happened to see on the news the other day that the dark haired lady on the prosecution case had killed herself recently. I can't remember her name, and she certainly isn't someone I warmed to, but a sad end. Apparently she copped a lot of online abuse once the show went out. Superb entertainment, but not at that kind of cost

Oh guilty as hell! What I want to know is where were any of the kids when this happened?  The girls are very odd! Don’t seemed to worry that both their mums are dead on the same circumstances! Also nothing really on how she got such deep lacerations on her head. Surely they can’t believe it was from just hitting her head on the door frame!!! 

1 hour ago, tommytank1985 said:

Oh guilty as hell! What I want to know is where were any of the kids when this happened?  The girls are very odd! Don’t seemed to worry that both their mums are dead on the same circumstances! Also nothing really on how she got such deep lacerations on her head. Surely they can’t believe it was from just hitting her head on the door frame!!! 

My thoughts exactly mate! Those girls were well odd.....I'd be doing the math (as the Yanks like to say) on that one

A very manipulating man

21 hours ago, Woodsy said:

Well, I am pleased to say that Netflix (French version) has just announced it will be shown, together with Bodyguard.

Annnnd finished last night. What a complete stitch up by the state. How on Earth they can use Brendon’s confession in court I’ll never know. Any idiot can see he hasn’t a clue what he’s saying and is just fed info from the police. I obviously know the documentary is biased but even with the info showed they cannot possibly say they’ve been giving fair trials. Absulutley disgrace. 

On 15/10/2018 at 11:48, Woodsy said:

Yep, got this on the calendar. Looking forward to it

Haunting of Hill House is worth a watch while you wait for this.....episode last night (5, I think) gave me permanent goosebumps, which is unusual for me to get freaked out by tv!

Struggled to get through th first episode of Hill House. Took a long time for it to go anywhere, not been sure if I'll go back to it.

10 hours ago, tommytank1985 said:

Annnnd finished last night. What a complete stitch up by the state. How on Earth they can use Brendon’s confession in court I’ll never know. Any idiot can see he hasn’t a clue what he’s saying and is just fed info from the police. I obviously know the documentary is biased but even with the info showed they cannot possibly say they’ve been giving fair trials. Absulutley disgrace. 

I think I got two episodes left to watch. I'm really enjoying this second series, It has a different feel than the 1st series as it's up to date and is like following an active investigation. I've followed the case closely since the 1st series and watched millions of YouTube videos and podcasts, I knew KZ was good but didn't realise she was this good. She will see Steve exonerated in time without a doubt.

13 hours ago, JamesBCFC said:

Struggled to get through th first episode of Hill House. Took a long time for it to go anywhere, not been sure if I'll go back to it.

Stick with it, I felt the same. Mrs Woodsy always moans that I don't give things a go. It's worth it!

13 hours ago, JamesBCFC said:

Each episode is essentially a bottled episode around each character. I found it did get better as it went on, you only get a couple of new pieces of the mystery with each one. I only have two left to watch now before moving on to Making a Murderer Pt2.

On 19/10/2018 at 14:55, Woodsy said:

Bodyguard I really enjoyed too!

We started and finished Bodyguard in a two-split watching over the weekend.

I really enjoyed it; gripping with quite a few twists, especially at the end.

We shall probably try and catch The Night Manager now, as Mrs PinF likes JohnleC's books, but was not too taken by The Little Drummer Girl last night. 

16 hours ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

We started and finished Bodyguard in a two-split watching over the weekend.

I really enjoyed it; gripping with quite a few twists, especially at the end.

We shall probably try and catch The Night Manager now, as Mrs PinF likes JohnleC's books, but was not too taken by The Little Drummer Girl last night. 

Yeah, ending got me as well, hadn't suspected that

Not seen The Night Manager, let me know how you get on. Little Drummer Girl, not heard of that one?

36 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

Not seen The Night Manager, let me know how you get on. Little Drummer Girl, not heard of that one?

Both John le Carré books, serialised on BBC.

I missed The Night Manager at the time, but hope to follow The Little Drummer Girl despite the unlikelihood of being in for six consecutive Sunday evenings: do try and catch up on the first episode as, if the BBC series is as good as the book, you will not regret it. 

5 hours ago, Woodsy said:

5 hours ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Both John le Carré books, serialised on BBC.

I missed The Night Manager at the time, but hope to follow The Little Drummer Girl despite the unlikelihood of being in for six consecutive Sunday evenings: do try and catch up on the first episode as, if the BBC series is as good as the book, you will not regret it. 

Night manager is excellent, it’s on amazon prime. Seeing as you’re in France Phil. ‘The missing’ is brilliant. We finished it last night: 

19 hours ago, tommytank1985 said:

Night manager is excellent, it’s on amazon prime. Seeing as you’re in France Phil. ‘The missing’ is brilliant. We finished it last night: 

2 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

The Missing, is that where the dead come back alive??

I have never heard of it, but a quick search on WIKI refers to a series starring James Nesbitt.

Is this the same series?

On 21/10/2018 at 21:26, Up The City! said:

I think I got two episodes left to watch. I'm really enjoying this second series, It has a different feel than the 1st series as it's up to date and is like following an active investigation. I've followed the case closely since the 1st series and watched millions of YouTube videos and podcasts, I knew KZ was good but didn't realise she was this good. She will see Steve exonerated in time without a doubt.

Hasn't convinced me, I still think he did it. Other theories are pretty fanciful.

12 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

Hasn't convinced me, I still think he did it. Other theories are pretty fanciful.

95% of me says he is innocent but there is that niggling feeling that he may have done it.

However I have done far far more research since watching the 1st series and there is just far too much dodgy evidence for me to believe he did it.

In this country a conviction wouldn't have been secured on that evidence.

My money is on Bobby and Scott.

Archived